My first plant. I have a few questions.

For the scope, I think the magnification has to be 30x...If I am wrong someone please correct me. Would hate for you to make the same mistake I did and buy some real cheap thing like I did the first time. The one I bought cost about 12 bucks.

Your plants look healthy, dont be to concerned with the strain, ive taken a hand full of reg seeds and turned them into a great plant depends on you and how green your Thumb is best wishes The ole man.

Your trichs. Take a trim leaf and look at it through your scope. You should see a sticky looking "oil" that should be pretty clear. As they mature you will notice that the trichs change from clear to cloudy and finally amber. The trichs at first will look as if there is a ball on the tip, this will breakdown as it matures, meaning trichs aer degrading faster than they are being produced. Most aim for about 80% amber, but that is pretty subjective. Some strains the trichs do not turn amber so I look at a combination of maturing signs. ie..... Calyxs swallowing hairs, hairs turning amber, leaves turning a fallish looking color, denseness of the buds. To name a few.

ok well ima try and invest in a microscope this weekend. i dont have my phone for the next week due to some problems. im going to try and use my freinds phone tomorrow.

ok i got the microscope today. i couldnt really make it out. cause i didnt cut off a leaf i just looked at the bud through the microscope. but the trichomes look really clear and some are amber.

IMG-20111210-00041.jpg
IMG-20111210-00040.jpg

Back
Top Bottom