My Grow In New Closet

woops that can cnange my mood trying to fill out a post with a bunch of photos words and then lose it all:(
daves_00686.JPG

From the blue cheese clone plant at day 34 of flowering.The stakes in this pot are helping the sativa so I have been thinking at harvest time in 3 weeks to take the plant and leave the pot. I could use the soil surface for elevating another new plant and maybe add some worms and some other stuff to set up a no till grow in it.
daves_0368.JPG
daves_02926.JPG
daves_02139.JPG
daves_02037.JPG

daves_00686.JPG

from my sativa purple haze x malawi clone.I had to LST the 2 tops down by going over my blue cheese plant and tying to its stakes.The thin sativa leaves are not shading much.
daves_00871.JPG

daves_00778.JPG

daves_02435.JPG

from the pure kush clone at 34 days and a new strain I am thinking of losing already.This seems to be flowering slow with little resin building too.Then the clone from it is growing slow also and was slow to root.The only cutting that didnt root was its sister too on my last clone run.I will think a little more by week 6 to start new seeds and lose the one in veg and finish the flowering one to test my judgement.I have more fem seeds in left in the pack in case too
daves_02328.JPG
daves_005104.JPG

from the jack herer clone at 34 days flower I ended up putting in the back to bring my 2 blue cheese clones under better light coverage for them on their day 13 of flowering.I will probably harvest this one either early, with or a week later than my BC chop in 3 weeks
daves_03710.JPG
daves_03023.JPG
daves_01940.JPG
daves_004108.JPG

daves_03116.JPG
daves_03213.JPG

Up in the growing area I like the pace on them all but the PK.I topped the sativas 2 topps to slow it up and start setting up a new approach for flowering this clone.It would be time for me to take some different strain cuttings now and flip their moms when a space clears out.
My JH clone is showing pistils like its ready to go and it could be from some other stress too maybe.I hope the cuttings I take can lose this pattern from it.Its many generations deep in cloning and from a fem seed too
daves_001123.JPG
daves_0408.JPG

:rollit::passitleft::byebye:

Gonna have a nice selection of tasty buds in a little while. :thumb:

L8r
Thankyou Old Med User I think you have one around the same time too:high-five:
Its hard waiting, Some buds have been needed over here too long now :phew:
I do have a nice 60x scope and still find it hard to harvest by trichome maturity so from my experience with a couple I have now I can just go by time flowered to know when its OK to chop for my liking:green_heart:

Taking cuttings has been on hold for lack of rooting hormone.Local stores closed on Sundays and then Labor Day on MOnday so today I may be able to get some.I just get a small little jar of RootTech gel being the cheapest and it has done me well.Another thing I was running out of was some soil mix.I did put together a batch that should take care of my closet a few rounds of plants. All I added was homemade sifted compost , coarse perlite and a bag of used mix saved from before and during old home grow tear down.That was alot from the flowering plants that had not used up all the nutrients before tear down including my first try at a no till pot JH not along enough to even try for me. Live worms were found I believe from that one while mixing it all up. I do plan to get some unsulphured molasses and brew a tea with some of that and my worm bin castings to add or rejuvinate life to this mix. I have given my flowering plants molasses too towards the end before and will probably do it again if it was laying around
In this 39 gallon tub,148L, I put this much perlite to start and about the same in compost getting a mix up before the adding the used mix.It was given a little mix again and a 420 stamp of approval:)
daves_001124.JPG

daves_00396.JPG
daves_004109.JPG
daves_00779.JPG

I feel confident after giving this batch a ewc tea drink I could plant rooted clones in solo cups without adding fertilizer until next transplant or even newly sprouted seeds if I choose to ditch the Pure Kush strain. I alson want to try a no till pot again from the Blue Cheese in flower coming down soon.I would leave it in there with its stakes holding up the sativa while adding fresh worms and more nutrients to break down roots and be ready for a plant. Crop rotation theory would be to put in a Jack herer clone.
Thankyou for checking out my grow good people of :420:

I finally took some photos of my outdoor clones today filling up on raspberries with my youngest daughter:circle-of-love:

These 2 are on the west side of the tomatillo patch getting late sun maybe staying too damp.
0081575.JPG
018567.JPG
017636.JPG

That one above maybe showing some bug and or Powdery Mildew I only noticed in photos now. I havnt been trying to draw attention of me in the plant areas.I need to get a closer look and think about some preventive measures I could afford and do or just let them be.
These 2 clones were planted near my wild growing garlic I had planted after buying some off the roadside in Canada during our honeymoon 8 years ago:love:
013926.JPG

014835.JPG
016711.JPG
015762.JPG

I did get some rooting hormone to take cuttings and some needed catch trays, then some square pots looked worthy of trying.Nearly all of my pots have been acquired from peoples trash over the years except 2 of them and I bought those bags which are doing well but I like the sturdy plastic better especially when watering I caught the edge of the bag and it folded steering water outside it.
I transplanted 3 strains vegging but not into the square pots,those will be for some cuttings I took.
Starting with Amnesia Haze clone on left and Jack Herer clone to right about 24 inches from floor starting out
daves_00687.JPG
daves_01081.JPG
daves_01271.JPG
daves_01366.JPG

Transplanted to a little bigger pots and main taller branches used for cuttings then LST was used to bring them down to 20 inches from floor. I am trying to root these cuttings with roottech gel and root riot plugs in my DIY watchamacallit
daves_01160.JPG

Blue Cheese I didnt measure but same things done including lst I didnt photo either
Theres the only 3 blade leafs disorder still hanging around I think its growing out slowly,I hope the cuttings root and out grow it completely.
daves_001125.JPG
daves_002110.JPG
daves_00397.JPG

My only missing item now is the molasses I plan on picking up at the grocery store again soon.Then an ewc tea will be made and given to the veggers:hmmmm: and maybe my sativa flowering.
I put the leaves I cleaned from cuttings and the Pure Kush vegging clone I decided to discontinue into my worm bin
daves_004110.JPG
daves_005105.JPG

Thankyou for checking out My Grow :peace:

After the that work on the vegging plants this is how they looked today in the space.When I first looked the cuttings dome was dry and they were falling over.I misted more and hope they recover.
daves_00781.JPG

daves_01367.JPG

the JH
daves_01082.JPG

the BC
daves_00972.JPG

the full sativa I didnt transplant I just took a cutting and tied down the 2 mains
daves_00873.JPG

and the clone I was calling Amnesia Haze
daves_01161.JPG

but I ended up checking out my seed stash and found the other free seed of it .WOS feminized Amnesia is what she is with this description
World Of Cannabis Seeds Amnesia Feminised Seeds Info
The development process for this strain began when we laid our hands on clones from some seeds from Thailand whose genes contribute stimulating physical climaxes and a citrusy aroma.

These females, the pick of the clones, were crossed with a superb Skunk male whose genes are responsible for the density of the buds and her high resin yields and which thelp tame some of the least interesting Thai genes for this strain.

The result was then re-crossed with a selection of Cinderella 99 and Jack Herer males. The end product is a very productive strain, with dense and very resinous buds, an exquisite taste and aroma as well as higher CBD levels than pure Thais.
daves_01549.JPG

I forgot about this grape ape fem seed I still have.When I grew the other one I really liked it and remember I had some issues trying to save the strain by clones.It will take priority over the master kush fem seeds I have being older and not easy to get again

I couldnt forget seeing that grape ape seed and put it in some water at 11:30p.m. 9/10/15.About 12 hours later now into today I checked and the seed was still floating so a gave it a swirl and then it sunk.I hope this seed is viable still.I have bad storage method of still in the package in my dresser drawer.
daves_02038.JPG

I got some molasses from the grocery store today too. I could of choose this one for 2.99 or a grandmas unsulphered molasses at a few less oz.'s and 20 cents more
daves_001126.JPG

Time to start a worm casting tea . I use an air pump and stone and my compost floats freely to be watered in eventually. Im going to bubble some tap 24 hours and then add the molasses and worm poo.
I dont have memory of specific measures .Gonna do 3 gallons water and probably 3 tbsp molasses 1 cup worm castings and let some bacteria grow.I will add some to my mix and the veggers and finally the sativa flowering.Tomorrow the flowering girls are at day 42 and looking nice.Im planning on a photo update with them tomorrow too.:rollit:

To start out I ended up leaving the Grape Ape seed soaking 48 hours and it split looking like this so I put it in a paper towell with fresh new water in hopes a tap root comes out:Namaste:
daves_001127.JPG

My cuttings perked back up which cheered me up,I have been spraying the inside of the cover about 2x a day when it is dry just off for the photo
daves_0541.JPG

I am liking the response of the others to the LST and did some soft topping to the 8 future mains I will try on this purple haze x malawi full sativa clone
daves_0554.JPG

Today in flower is 42 days and 21 days for them with a harvest or 2 in 2 weeks or less I feel. Its needed so bad I almost cut up the JH which is having some issue but still great and finished looking at only 6 weeks flowering, a stare down and a lower branch snip settled me down knowing it would be better with a little more time.
Here she is
daves_01550.JPG
daves_01649.JPG
daves_02329.JPG
daves_02230.JPG

and a clone of hers at 3 weeks
daves_0369.JPG
daves_03512.JPG

Then my fave the Blue Cheese getting close but tied down by the sativa so this is it and probably good since moving them before I noticed the branches are weak and cant take a big sway
daves_0387.JPG

daves_049.JPG
daves_0513.JPG
daves_0505.JPG
daves_0482.JPG

daves_0471.JPG

and her 2 cuttings at 3 weeks a topped one to left at 3 feet from floor and the nontrained taller one at 38inches
daves_002111.JPG
daves_00782.JPG
daves_005106.JPG

daves_00688.JPG

This sativa clone is around the age of her mom I had to chop in the old house grow tear down, It is showing some resin and buds look smaller compared to my others but I stay positive thinking she could only be almost half done and could fill out in time .I should have her cutting going into flowering by a week or 2
This is the pure kush clone I decided to cut its clone up ending the strain .It looks nice with big looking buds but is growing weird and slow I feel. I think I just lost something about it and if it does turn out well I do have another fem seed as back up
daves_02815.JPG
daves_02927.JPG
daves_03117.JPG

Hopefully this is a start of finishing out by pulling from the lowers on it.
daves_03214.JPG

:thanks::peace:

yesterday I checked the grape ape fem seed at day 4 from dry seed and the shell was seperated and all white flesh I could make out the cotyldons but no root.I thought it wasnt going to make it and left the zip bag open and uncovered from light but still between moist papertowell. Today it looked like this with no root still and what looks like the root or a twin still stuck to a seed leaf
0012534.JPG

I nestled it in some mix in a solo cup leaving shell and its company attached but slightly covered and put the zip bag over as a dome to hold moisture a little longer for her ,it ,them:)
0032372.JPG

I am hoping for a survivor here and kinda think if I would have put this in soil earlier like when the shell split it wouldnt have made it:popcorn:
daves_002112.JPG

I cut the Jack Herer clone down last night --"For the Need"
At only 45 days of 11/13 light hours it was done enough this time probably due to sitting in dark for 6 days when I tore down the old house grow.I think there was some change to flowering hormones I couldnt notice and never a full stop so kinda going in already started maybe.Then the yellowing going on I attempted to help with an epsom salt drink once didnt do much and the leaves dried and shriveled up more since last photos.It also helped with numbers coming down because my cuttings are doing well and looking solid today now 7 days after cut no checking for roots yet but I see some swollen stems from the hormone a sure bet they are there or will be soon.I will be getting rid of some after picking the best it looks like as I always take 2 cuttings when needing one for back up on a failure.
NO picture until all the fan leaves were taken and Im not planning to trim any more this time.Those sugar leaves will dry and shrink and when I break up a bud to roll I can decide on taking some out if necessary
daves_00398.JPG
daves_00689.JPG

lower popcorn not too bad and a few close ups
daves_01162.JPG

daves_004111.JPG
daves_00973.JPG
daves_01841.JPG

I did try and scope them and guessing its an equal clear cloudy mix and the feel is sticky and not too fluffy.I would say 2 zips on this if it finished out normal but not so much this time. I will be smoking as soon as its dry before curing which lasts until its gone:)
Thanks for stopping by and liking some posts , I enjoy the support :adore:.

congrats on the JH harvest. those buds looks ripe and ready :drool:

Thanks buddy they were needed. They are ready enough to get by and I just cut them from stems to dry faster earlier. Whatever issue it had seemed to mature it faster making it worthy still with this sacrifice harvest at 45 days from flip.
daves_005107.JPG

daves_00690.JPG
daves_00783.JPG
daves_00874.JPG

This is a first chop in the new house I am thankful for and am so happy I didnt choose the Blue Cheese which is coming along real nice and only needs 7 more days now to hit 8 weeks from flip.I will skimp out on very little weight I feel going that far with it.

my Cuttings update that were cut on 9/9/15 I noticed lower stems swollen and most everyone standing good with no wilting uncovered a couple hours and pulled out a JH clone at 7 days from cutting,well them all and it was only one to have a visible root poking out of plug
davrs_006.JPG
davrs_007.JPG
davrs_008.JPG

I had only one cutting that looked thirsty being an extra JH cutting so I took it out of plug to check out and trash at 7 days.It gave me thinking they were all starting so I left them uncovered overnight
davrs_009.JPG

davrs_0011.JPG

The next day they all looked good and I pulled out the same JH clone or the other one and seen major root growth in the 24 hours.I had to plant them in some soil and they all showed roots some not so much. I Dusted with the mycos and planted them into the soil mix I made with no added fertilizer in solo cups 8 days from cutting all 4 strains
daves_001128.JPG
daves_002113.JPG

This grape ape seedling? is still alive which I noticed looking taller like it was growing upwards and further investigation was the soil was drying or shriveling up and the hook it was when I planted it was still there with no extra visible rooting.I quickly covered it with more soil before a photo and noticed the conjoined sibling? I left attached to show some green too.Its been 8 days from a dry seed and since I shouldnt be in a hurry I can allow extra time for it to take root and become a resident to my grow
davrs_004.JPG

I finally set up a tea to use for the grow after lots of putting off.It bubbled a few days to dechlorinate and then I added 2 handfulls of my home produced worm castings and a pour of the molasses eyeballed at around 3 tablespoons.The castings have dried some and look similar to store bought ones Im thinking now.
davrs_001.JPG
davrs_003.JPG

Some last notes is when I pulled that JH to chop I put in its clone being pretty sure the cuttings rooted at that time. After one more 13 hour dark night after this post being the same date lol the flowering plants will be at 7 weeks and 4 weeks and a few days for that last JH and I will try to photo them especially the sativa and Blue Cheese I cant pull out .
As for the purple haze x malawi full sativa clone at 7 weeks flowering I think it may be half done now for a 14 week flower.I noticed a little fade on a few fans with burnt dried up tips and started to think the soil was loosing energy.I decided to transplant to a bigger pot with only that soil I just mixed up and no extras.I put off the tea going now I wanted to give her to help out but felt for a couple more months the soil wouldnt be enough.That may have been the issue on my harvested JH the soil was depleted from not transplanting it before the flip.I will see how that pans out for better or worse:rollit::peace::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom