My herb smells like feet

dawook4420

My first grow and I’m guessing I’m about 1 week to 1 ½ weeks before harvest. My plants no longer smell like dank herb, though. Now they smell like sweaty feet. All was well until about a week and a half ago when I burned my plants on their second to last feeding. The burn wasn’t too bad, just a little yellowing of the tips, some purpling up top, and some of the fan leaves below the canopy turned yellow (especially on one plant). I didn’t bother with the last feeding, just switched to water and blackstrap molasses (the molasses I began maybe a week before the burn). I give a half gallon of water per plant (3 gal air pots) which creates a fair amount of runoff. The runoff sits in the dish until I water again, but the soil and roots shouldn’t sit in it because they’re raised by the bottom of the air pots. So does anyone have any idea what is causing this awful smell and is there any way to fix it before harvest? My only idea is to cut out the molasses but I have no idea if that’s what causing the problem. Thanks everyone!

p.s. I don't think it's a mold issue. Not that I really know what I'm looking at but I don't see anything that looks like mold and my humidity generally stays between 30-40%.

:roorrip:

image1_2_3.jpeg

image1_3_.jpeg

This is probably my worst looking plant. Sad cause it was my best plant, maybe still is.
image2_1_3.jpeg

My prize bud. Just thouht I'd throw this in.
image31014.jpeg

My first grow and I'm guessing I'm about 1 week to 1 ½ weeks before harvest. My plants no longer smell like dank herb, though. Now they smell like sweaty feet. All was well until about a week and a half ago when I burned my plants on their second to last feeding. The burn wasn't too bad, just a little yellowing of the tips, some purpling up top, and some of the fan leaves below the canopy turned yellow (especially on one plant). I didn't bother with the last feeding, just switched to water and blackstrap molasses (the molasses I began maybe a week before the burn). I give a half gallon of water per plant (3 gal air pots) which creates a fair amount of runoff. The runoff sits in the dish until I water again, but the soil and roots shouldn't sit in it because they're raised by the bottom of the air pots. So does anyone have any idea what is causing this awful smell and is there any way to fix it before harvest? My only idea is to cut out the molasses but I have no idea if that's what causing the problem. Thanks everyone!

p.s. I'll try to get some pics up here in a bit. Dealing with technical difficulty.
p.p.s. I don't think it's a mold issue. Not that I really know what I'm looking at but I don't see anything that looks like mold and my humidity generally stays between 30-40%.

Might be the strain . Sounds like a cheese smell the stinky cheese.

"carpe diem"

Toejam Kush. Lmao idk what the issue would be, I'm a first-time grower myself. Don't worry tho, Im sure someone else here has a solution for ya...

Good luck man. .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

What's up . Those look great. !! Great job I'd say they might need atleast acouple weeks tho. Do you have scope or a loop

Sent from my FRD-L04 using 420

Thanks! I can't wait for harvest! I flipped them 9 weeks ago and they're 7 weeks into flower. I don't have a scope but I do have a magnifying glass with a 45X lens. I can't take pics with it but I get a decent enough look at the thriches. They're mostly cloudy on the colas but still more clear in the middle buds. I figured I'll harvest when I start seeing amber triches up top.

I don't count the first 2 weeks of flip . After week 2 of flip I start week 1 if bloom. That's how I do it to allow for the stretch.

I don't count the first 2 weeks of flip . After week 2 of flip I start week 1 if bloom. That's how I do it to allow for the stretch.

Yeah, that's something that caused me some confusion for a while. But it's been 9 weeks since I flipped which makes it 7 weeks into flower for me. I expect 1-2 weeks more, but no longer. I don't know what the strain is but I think most are between 7-9 weeks in flower, right?

Do you have any moisture on the ceiling of your tent?

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

No moisture on top or anywhere else for that matter. There's the runoff that sits in my plates and other than that my humidity is between 30-40%. I've got two little dehumidifiers in there so it stays nice and dry. I'm leaning toward the problem being the strain, unless nute burn, molasses or the runoff sitting in the plates can cause a foul smell like that. But I'm welcome to any and all input.

Thanks guys!!!

Hi dawook, I actually just noticed that my Northern Lights has started smelling differently about 2 weeks from harvest. She went from having a sort of generic weed smell to smelling almost smokey/musty. Then when I was looking at the trichomes with my loupe my nose kept touching the leaves lol, and they also smelled slightly sweet and perhaps berry-like. Interesting stuff :)

Yeah, that's something that caused me some confusion for a while. But it's been 9 weeks since I flipped which makes it 7 weeks into flower for me. I expect 1-2 weeks more, but no longer. I don't know what the strain is but I think most are between 7-9 weeks in flower, right?

No moisture on top or anywhere else for that matter. There's the runoff that sits in my plates and other than that my humidity is between 30-40%. I've got two little dehumidifiers in there so it stays nice and dry. I'm leaning toward the problem being the strain, unless nute burn, molasses or the runoff sitting in the plates can cause a foul smell like that. But I'm welcome to any and all input.

Thanks guys!!!
Pretty much 7-9 weeks .. most of mine go about 8 or 9 . Sorry it took so long to reply I didn't realize you had posted

Pretty much 7-9 weeks .. most of mine go about 8 or 9 . Sorry it took so long to reply I didn't realize you had posted

No problem. I figured this thread was dead. Thanks for writing back. I was actually harvesting and trimming when you wrote. It would have been 9 weeks in flower as of tomorrow. I had one plant that for whatever reason was about a week ahead of the others in development and that one was starting to get some amber triches. I'm going for more of a head high and less couch lock, so I figured better to harvest this weekend than wait for next weekend when they'd be pushing 10 weeks and probably be all amber. So happy to complete my first grow! Once the drying is done and I'm on to curing, I'm gonna start my second grow, 2 Northern Lights from a reputable bank as opposed to the bag seed I used this time. So with better genetics and a little experience, I'm hoping for a much better grow next time. Although this wasn't too bad a haul for my first time! :thumb:

image19447.jpeg
image21016.jpeg
image31015.jpeg

Hi dawook, I actually just noticed that my Northern Lights has started smelling differently about 2 weeks from harvest. She went from having a sort of generic weed smell to smelling almost smokey/musty. Then when I was looking at the trichomes with my loupe my nose kept touching the leaves lol, and they also smelled slightly sweet and perhaps berry-like. Interesting stuff :)

Sorry, guess I missed your post! That's funny, I'm growing Northern Lights next time too. The feet smell seems to have gone away now, though. So only dank smelling bud now! Yay!

My first grow and I'm guessing I'm about 1 week to 1 ½ weeks before harvest. My plants no longer smell like dank herb, though. Now they smell like sweaty feet. All was well until about a week and a half ago when I burned my plants on their second to last feeding. The burn wasn't too bad, just a little yellowing of the tips, some purpling up top, and some of the fan leaves below the canopy turned yellow (especially on one plant). I didn't bother with the last feeding, just switched to water and blackstrap molasses (the molasses I began maybe a week before the burn). I give a half gallon of water per plant (3 gal air pots) which creates a fair amount of runoff. The runoff sits in the dish until I water again, but the soil and roots shouldn't sit in it because they're raised by the bottom of the air pots. So does anyone have any idea what is causing this awful smell and is there any way to fix it before harvest? My only idea is to cut out the molasses but I have no idea if that's what causing the problem. Thanks everyone!

p.s. I don't think it's a mold issue. Not that I really know what I'm looking at but I don't see anything that looks like mold and my humidity generally stays between 30-40%.

image1_2_3.jpeg

image1_3_.jpeg

This is probably my worst looking plant. Sad cause it was my best plant, maybe still is.
image2_1_3.jpeg

My prize bud. Just thouht I'd throw this in.
image31014.jpeg
What do they smell like now that you harvested? Like feet still or back to to original smell before the note burn. In experiencing the same thing right now

Thanks guys!!!

Back
Top Bottom