My Northern Light Grow from Nirvana

koss

Hello and welcome to my first grow ever! I am growing Northern light, which I got from Nirvana.

My grow area is 170 cm (67 inch) in height and 56 cm (22 inch) in width by 56 cm.

This is my first successful grow that hasn't died yet lol (I learned from my mistakes) My plan is take clones from a mother so I germinated 3 seeds. All 3 were crack in about 48 hours. Few days afterward N.L.#1 got murder by my dog... but the others keep going!

N.L#2 at Day 34 :
IMG_9276.JPG
IMG_9278.JPG

N.L#3 at Day 34 :
IMG_9266.JPG
IMG_9271.JPG

Soon afterwards I took a clone of both and flower them right away to know if I had a female or not. Unfortunately, N.L.#2 was a male so I killed it off with its clone. The Good thing is that N.L.#3 was a female! I trans potted it into a 19 liter pot and made it officially into my first mother plant. I let her first clone finish flowering and I got 3 grams without using any fertilizer and only vegging it for 1 week.

I cutted 3 more clones, the first one is at 82 Days of Life, 21 Days into flowering. This is my tallest plant yet 115 cm (45 inch). I tried to lst it but I did it too late and the stem didn't want to bent as much as I wanted to so now it is more like a curve than lsting lol. I also FIM it at 28 Days of veg.

N.L.#3 Clone#2 : I trimmed her right before taking the pictures.
Whole3.JPG
Side_view_top.JPG

The top cola
Top_cola6.JPG

This is my biggest stem yet!
Stem_size.JPG

I used 1 flower tab from Nirvana because I though, I have them, mind as well use them.

Here is my second clone, she is at 50 Days of Life, 21 Days into flowering. I lst her from the beginning and FIM it at 13 Days of veg. I only use half of the flower tab, I will add the rest at exactly 1 month into flowering.

N.L.#3 Clone#3 :
Whole4.JPG
Top_colas1.JPG
Bud_close_up3.JPG

And here is my last clone, she is at 50 Days of Life, 21 Days of flowering. I also lst this one from the beginning and FIM her at 13 Days of veg. I also used half a flower tab on this one.

N.L.#3 Clone#4 :
Whole5.JPG
Close_up25.JPG

After taking all those clones from the Mother plant, here what she looks like after 161 Days of Life.

N.L.#3 Mother plant :
Side_view3.JPG
Whole6.JPG

I have already cracked 2 more seed to replace my mother somewhere in the future. Here they are at 11 days after germination :

N.L.#4 :
Side_view4.JPG

N.L.#5 :
Top_view10.JPG

I always use distilled water on every plants and at the moment I only use Nirvana organic fertilizer flower tab. For the veg stable I always use 24 hours of light and for flowering 12-12. I grow with cfls my mother plant is under 2 150 watts bulb. My main growing room has 6 100 watts bulbs, 1 150 watts bulb and a 150 watts heating bulb (only use to raise the temperature). I usually keep the humidity between 50-60% and from time to time I use a fan to refresh the plants.

So i would love to have advices, comments and any help would be great. Just keep in mind that I'm a novice at this and English is my second language oh and I'm Canadian lol.

Thanks! :peace:

I was thinking of using fertilizer for my next crop of clones and i was wondering how long this can last? Should I take the gallons pack? (I never used fertilizer before, is it easy to use in soil?)
Blue Planet Nutrients

And the most important thing, do they ship to Canada? I didn't see anything mention it.

Thanks for your help!

Awww the good 'ol NL....isn't she stinky....mine is. But you gotta get more light on them. All the work you are doing is for a small yield....get a 400w MH and watch your yield blowup. It's worth it. Peace!

I was thinking of using fertilizer for my next crop of clones and i was wondering how long this can last? Should I take the gallons pack? (I never used fertilizer before, is it easy to use in soil?)
Blue Planet Nutrients

And the most important thing, do they ship to Canada? I didn't see anything mention it.

Thanks for your help!

It's as easy as measuring and adding to water. I'm not sure if they ship to Canada, I don't see why they wouldn't, but the owner is a member here at 420 magazine so I would suggest Private Messaging him or posting in the product review section. I think his username is just "Blue Planet Nutrients" but i'm not entirely sure on that either haha. Good luck!!

Awww the good 'ol NL....isn't she stinky....mine is. But you gotta get more light on them. All the work you are doing is for a small yield....get a 400w MH and watch your yield blowup. It's worth it. Peace!

I thought about it but they are too expensive... for that is all I can use at the moment but when those clones are done flowering I will have a whole new set up.

It's as easy as measuring and adding to water. I'm not sure if they ship to Canada, I don't see why they wouldn't, but the owner is a member here at 420 magazine so I would suggest Private Messaging him or posting in the product review section. I think his username is just "Blue Planet Nutrients" but i'm not entirely sure on that either haha. Good luck!!

Thanks for the help, I will try to Pm him as soon as I find him :peace:

An update! A lot happen in a month, first I finally got my Blue Planet Nutrient which UPS had a hard time finding where I live... But anyway, N.L.# 3 Clone #2,#3,#4 are all feeding on the stuff and they are loving it! A branch broke off the Mother so I made 4 clones with it plus 1 that I had cut earlier this month are all trying to root in my new set up. It is made of 3 boxes, #1 is for clones to root (the top one) 2 feet by 2 by 1.5 feet in height. The second and third are identical 2 feet by 2 feet by 2.5 feet of height. The rooting box has 2 120 watts bulb, the middle one has 6 120 watts bulb (720 watts Total) and the bottom one has 6 150 watts bulb (900 watts Total). All of them are also fill with a Milar kinda stuff that also preserve the heat.

What do you guys think of this set up?
Is it possible to grow 1 oz for each box?

Here are some pictures

N.L.#3 Clone #2 at 50 Days of flowering and 2 weeks using B.P.N. She ended up stopping growth at 172 cm tall.
Top_Cola7.JPG
Whole7.JPG

N.L#3 Clone # 3 at 50 Days of flowering and 2 weeks using B.P.N.
Top_Buds_2.JPG
Whole8.JPG

N.L#3 Clone # 4 at 50 Days of flowering and 2 weeks using B.P.N.
Top_Buds.JPG
Whole9.JPG

N.L.#3 The Mother at 190 Days of Life
Whole10.JPG

N.L.# 5 at 39 Days of Life (N.L.#4 Died)
Head.JPG
Whole11.JPG

Here it is with 5 Clones almost done rooting
With_Clones.JPG

Here are the nutrients
B_P_N_.JPG

Here is the new set up (Closed)
Set_Up_Closed.JPG

Any advice and comment would be awesome! :peace:

I am finally days away from harvesting and I have been using B.P. organic nutrients, so I was wondering if I needed to flush or because they are organic it won't affect the taste of the bud?

I am finally days away from harvesting and I have been using B.P. organic nutrients, so I was wondering if I needed to flush or because they are organic it won't affect the taste of the bud?

You should flush regardless of whether the nutrients are organic or not. Mineral salts build up on the roots and there is always "extra" fertilizer left in the soil. Flushing will remove the extra fertilizer and remove the mineral salts from the roots.

Do this a week to 10 days before your harvest. If you haven't and it's time to harvest, don't worry. A proper cure will slowly oxidize any nitrates left in the buds. (Nitrates give pot its harsh taste.) Read the section on this site on "How to grow marijuana." and there is a section on curing your crop.

Nice looking grow. If you post more often, you will have more people visit your journal. If you have large gaps between your posts, people will get frustrated and move on to someone else's journal.

Since English is your second language and I doubt you're a French Canadian, you must be a recent immigrant, no? What is your country of origin and native language? (Don't say Quebec and French!)

NO flush required, you may consider 24-48hr of darkness and no water, before harvest.
It's a matter of taste.

You are almost there... :goodjob:

You should flush regardless of whether the nutrients are organic or not. Mineral salts build up on the roots and there is always "extra" fertilizer left in the soil. Flushing will remove the extra fertilizer and remove the mineral salts from the roots.

Do this a week to 10 days before your harvest. If you haven't and it's time to harvest, don't worry. A proper cure will slowly oxidize any nitrates left in the buds. (Nitrates give pot its harsh taste.) Read the section on this site on "How to grow marijuana." and there is a section on curing your crop.

Nice looking grow. If you post more often, you will have more people visit your journal. If you have large gaps between your posts, people will get frustrated and move on to someone else's journal.

Since English is your second language and I doubt you're a French Canadian, you must be a recent immigrant, no? What is your country of origin and native language? (Don't say Quebec and French!)

hahaha sorry for not posting enough. I have been rather busy this month (Also had problems with clones that were rotting (too much humidity) but should work now) but when my new clones will root I plan on updating more frequently. Also I am a french Canadian but I have been living in Alberta for 5 years. My country of origin is Canada it is just that I was stuck speaking only french for a while. I have only been learning English for only 4 years lol

I plan on harvesting my plants when 50% of the hairs have turn orange which should be only 4-5 days away.

Stick around for the harvest pics! 1 week max. :peace:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom