Nirvana AK 48 Grow + Freebies

things are moving along nicely and the plants look real healthy, they should start rapid growth soon, as they should be building their roots up by now,

remember to take part in the contest, plant of the month, nug off the month and member of the month, can all be found in the lounge under contests

thanks for stopping by and the info donpaul:thanks: , note taken

day #20

all plants are topped\fimed

here are some pics

2012-04-05_20_19_18.jpg

2012-04-05_20_19_53.jpg

2012-04-05_20_20_03.jpg

2012-04-05_20_20_31.jpg

hi, things are looking good mate, the earlier you top and fim the better, i think i left it to late, but still done it so will need to veg the plants out more to benefit from it,

now your plants are looking like mine, very slow stretch and loads of other growth, ie new branches growing at nodes etc, i had to raise my lights 2 days ago to get my plants to stretch as they got to 7 inches and stopped growing and only the lower branches was growing and had caught up with the top of the plant, what i think happend is i had the lights withing an inch of the top of the plant and the plant didnt need to stretch to reach the light, what made me come to this conclusion was that i had got new sprouts in small pots and these where stretching as they was further from the lights, now i have raised my lights to about 8 inches above the plants and im getting more stretch, now im hoping by stopping the stretch early on and allowing the lower branches to catch up with the top of the plant i have made the plants grow as if they had more than one main stem, so i have tied down the side branches and ran them strait out horizontel and now all the new shoots along these branches are now stretching up towards the lights, so im hoping this is going to increase yield as my plants will have loads of growth and new shoots and should give me loads of big buds instead of 1 or 2 main shoots, thats what im hoping anyway, its as if cfls slow down stretch loads, the plants where still growing quick but the growth was lower down the plant, i think having the lights that close prevented any stretch at all.

thats just my oppinion and what i have noticed with my plants

hi, things are looking good mate, the earlier you top and fim the better, i think i left it to late, but still done it so will need to veg the plants out more to benefit from it,

now your plants are looking like mine, very slow stretch and loads of other growth, ie new branches growing at nodes etc, i had to raise my lights 2 days ago to get my plants to stretch as they got to 7 inches and stopped growing and only the lower branches was growing and had caught up with the top of the plant, what i think happend is i had the lights withing an inch of the top of the plant and the plant didnt need to stretch to reach the light, what made me come to this conclusion was that i had got new sprouts in small pots and these where stretching as they was further from the lights, now i have raised my lights to about 8 inches above the plants and im getting more stretch, now im hoping by stopping the stretch early on and allowing the lower branches to catch up with the top of the plant i have made the plants grow as if they had more than one main stem, so i have tied down the side branches and ran them strait out horizontel and now all the new shoots along these branches are now stretching up towards the lights, so im hoping this is going to increase yield as my plants will have loads of growth and new shoots and should give me loads of big buds instead of 1 or 2 main shoots, thats what im hoping anyway, its as if cfls slow down stretch loads, the plants where still growing quick but the growth was lower down the plant, i think having the lights that close prevented any stretch at all.

thats just my oppinion and what i have noticed with my plants

hmm :hmmmm: interesting,
however i never grew under cfl all the way
thou in my limited experience as long as the light is not heating the plant, there should be no problems in grow structure, however some strains stretch more than others, example look at the mystery freebie in my grow, it stretched double the size of the AK48s under the same light.....
lack of luminous cause stretch indeed but to much luminous will stunt growth?
:hmmmm:

i agree, its hard to say and im only going on my experience here, like your plant the mystery is double the size of the others, it is strain related as well, my stunted ones where indica been big bud and special kush, when they sprouted growth was quite rapid but when they both reached 6inches they stopped growing and the growth when down to the lower branches and the leaves just got bigger and bigger and the plants didnt gain any height, now cfls dont give off much lumins compared to hids etc etc, but surely if the light is set at one height then the plant wont grow above this light, so say you had the light above the plant, then after a few weeks you took the light from above the plant and placed it at the side of the plant, then this would cause all the shoots to face the bulb and grow towards it, so im thinking that as i had the light that close to the top of the plant then it didnt need to stretch as such as it was at the light source and maybe this is why the new branches started growing a lot quicker, when the plants had just sprouted i neva had the light to close as i didnt want to risk damaging the new leaves and growth but as the plant got more and more leaves and was gaining height i kept lowering the light till until i got it as close as i could without drying the leaves out or bleaching them, im only going on whats happening in my grow, but since raising the lights i have saw loads of upwards growth so maybe their is something in this, i wasnt sure and thought id ask other growers if they had experianced this,

i remember looking at a growing method that was shown in a sort of cartoon sketch and it involved having wire mesh surrounding the pot and high in the air, the plant then grew in this sort of tunnel out of the mesh and then when the plant had reached nearly the top of the mesh the lights where moved from the top of the plant and placed at the sides, this then made all the side branches grow through the mesh then the lights where raised above the plant again and this was repeated till the mesh was full of branches from top to bottom, i think the vid is on this site under the how to vids, im just thinking it may have something to do with why my plants stopped growing till i raised the lights a good 6 or 7 inches

im learning to, this is my first grow in 9 years, last time i grew i new nothing and ended up veging for months and had a 6ft plant when i finished, but it smoked good and i was pleased with the results,
anyway this time i decided to use cfls as i need to keep it looking as basic as possible to prevent me looking like a comercial grower, things are stricter where i am so need it as basic as possible, if i was using hydro or big lights and the worse happend i could be looking at doing a stretch so less is more sort of thing with this grow, its my first time using cfls, ive read loads and asked loads of questions and theirs loads of info in my journal regarding cfls, so have a read when you get chance their are some good tips in their, when i started asking questions i didnt know about the 6500kelving bulbs and the 2700kelvin bulbs and what cycle their good for, now i know,
the biggest thing i think i have learnt is not to keep the cfls to close to the top of the plant, i kept lowering my lights and got them to an inch away from the top of the plant, this seemed to stop the growth at the tip of the plant and the lower branches then caught up with the top of the plant, so now i have raised the lights the plants are all growing again, so lesson learned, but hopefully by me having the lights low and letting the other branches catch up i should have loads of main shoots, so for now ive tied the side shoots down so their running outwards and all the growth at the nodes on these branches is now growing strait up, so ive learned loads, ive asked loads of questions and got some great answers.

I understand that you are aiming for best results and less errors, this is great thinking.
Wish you the best results donpaul :Namaste:
me personally try not to complicate or interfere much.
btw I just got some seeds (DNA LA Confidential x Next Generation Seed Romulan)
made by a friend of mine, hope will be able to start next june.

its always interesting to see what you get out of seeds that have been crossed like that, you just never know till you grow it what your going to get, but with genetics like that it should turn out very nice indeed

each time I go on visit, this is what he shares with me....I haven't tried much of strains but its the most potent thing I ever smoked, it just put me on my butt all the time. it has a narcotic effect, its very good for pain relief, since he have back injury, its the best remedy for him as he now have a good balance and tolerance. as for me I get retardedly stoned after one spliff :loopy:

Happy 420! :partyboy:

wish you all a wonderful stony day :tokin:

Ive been abroad for 14 days and i came back couple of days ago.
anyways, I donated 2 of my ak48 to my younger brother, he was very happy to start his own 1st grow so i thought to give him a jump start and gave him #1 and #2 and.
now i have only #3 and the mystery freebie.
I also started 4 new seeds (LA con X Romulan) but they will be on a different journal.

day #37 from seed.
I toke 3 clones of the AK and one clone of the (?) and today will be the 1st day of 12\12
here is some photos i just toke .

2012-04-20_12_52_27.jpg

2012-04-20_12_52_19.jpg

2012-04-20_12_51_35.jpg

note the odd leaf shooting, it started to shoots 3 leafs per nod last week instead of 2 which i found strange. dont know if this is normal with some strains?
2012-04-20_12_50_26.jpg

Sorry for the late update been really busy with work. soon will have my summer vacation! :high-five:

I am now working on two new strains along with the Current, soon i will make another journal for them.

Day #65 from seed
day 28 flowering

Everything is going pretty well. about a week ago the AK48 started to show some pistils and they are building up nicely, the plant doubled its height during the flowering process and stretched nicely. now i remember why i like this strain, its such a joy watching this plant grow and shift from state to another. the smell is very pleasant, typical skunk\citrus , getting more potent each day.

As for the freebie, its a monster plant it kept on stretching that its worrying me now , i think i will bondage her bit, it started to show some pistils about three days ago a little behind the ak48 but its almost double the size of the AK48 in structure and bud sights
also the leaves are HUGE!
the smell is a slight bleach\pepper smell not very strong(reminds me of white rhino), and not my favorite. but we will see how the smoke will be :)
now here are some pics I made yesterday right before the lights off

dark green leaves maybe a slight N over feed
SAM_0627e.JPG

on of the main top branches

SAM_0632e.JPG

Closeup

SAM_0630e.JPG

mid branch

SAM_0633e.JPG

the mystery one

SAM_0649.JPG

one of the main branches