My seeds aren't doing anything

Better call crop King and tell them. This is the 4th time I've read a "dead seed" forum about their seeds.
Make sure you tell them it's all posted on 420 mag.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Improvised humidity dome. Seed sprouted in 48 hrs with the rockwool/dome method.
420-magazine-mobile288541388.jpg
420-magazine-mobile806415436.jpg

Is this used after soaking in water?

Yep. Soaked for 12 hrs till the seed sink and then soaked the rock wool in ph5.5 with Humic Acid. Sprouted the next day.

I am always confused on all the varying techniques for germination on here. When I was young one of the old boys taught me a fool proof way to pop roots and it has never failed me. Get an old school 8oz. tumbler glass (highball size) fill 3/4 full with water and place in a dark dry closet with door closed for 24hrs. After a day add up to 5 seeds per tumbler. Chuck em in, it doesn't matter if they sink or swim. Close the closet door and return 3 days later. Most of your seeds should have tails, if not keep checking every 24 hours until they do. I rarely if ever have seeds that don't pop and from multiple suppliers. I have ran into high humidity in a closet once (closet in grow room) and my seeds never popped that's why I would recommend dark and dry.

Glad you've got something above ground to nurture. If you can afford to let the seed thing go, I would. Sometimes seeds don't germ. You've got another 2 probable plants ready to pop up and say HI any day now, you need to have positivity working with plants. You have a growing adventure to look forward to. Namaste

Sent from my happy grow room.

I had a similar problem with the paper towel method. Turns out they dont like being too warm.

Got impatient and germinated 2 more seeds using root riot and a humidity dome/ heat pad. left them for 2 days and when I came home both have sprouted with seedling helmet still on. Left them for one more day and planted them in FFOF 90%/ Kind Soil 10% watered the soil around the riot rooter.

I think I'm gonna skip the paper towel method from now on since I had a better result with the Root Riot

If you try this method, make sure you check the RR to make sure it is moist. When I came home they were completely dry. Watered them right away and they have been doing great. Good luck with your next round bud

Hey man thanks I appreciate it do you guys know if the marijuana seedlings like the invitation light method Moonlight method when the main lights are off cuz I got glow lights red and blue neon spectrum LED lights light strips to imitate the moon do you guys know if that's a good idea

I just threw two beans into a towel to germ. Usually I let them sit in water first for 16 hours but didnt this time. Anyways one seed easily popped the other seed after two days seemed to be a did so I took an Emory board and scuffed the shell then sprayed it with 3% peroxide and dropped one drop of super thrive and threw her back on the heat mat. 16 hours later she was popped and ready to be planted.

Her sister that was germed and planted two days ago decided she wanted to break ground this morning
420-magazine-mobile425732511.jpg

So the peroxide, super thrive and heat mat worked good on this stubborn seed.

Hopefully you have some luck with your beans sometimes no matter what you do you will have a dud seed.

Im just sharing my experience with you just so you dont get discouraged and give up without trying other options. But imo the heat mat really helped out tremendously. If you dont have a heat mat just try to sit them somewhere where there is a warm ambient temperature.

GOOD LUCK.....happy growing

Oh one more thing.....I know alot of people that keep their light on 24/7 until their beans break surface but ive always had more luck giving them a dark period (even before they break soil).
Maybe its just my opinion but I thought most plants store and collect energy during the day and they put that energy to use after dark so thats my theory on that. I can tell you though that every time ive had a seedling break ground was usually during the dark period

Back
Top Bottom