1 - 3 gal fabric pots - FF

Jack Herer, (Seedsman)
Lemonchello (Seedsman)
Blue Cheese (Dynafem)
Blue Mystic (Royal)
Bubblegum
Shark (Pyramid)

Seeds started: March 31, 2019
(Shark was a dud, so started another one and it’s a ful week behind)

Seedling all sprouted and under CFL: April 7

Switch to LED: April 19

After 2 months of reading, getting my room and supplies ready, (and lurking in this forum) my first grow is underway. I have a little experience with starting vegetables and flowering plants from seed, so I went straight to Jiffy peat pots instead of soaking and paper-toweling. Over the next 3 - 6, I was delighted to see 5 of the 6 come up. And there began mistake #1 (of the many I expect to make) - I wanted to wait until they had all come up to put them under my CFLs. I suddenly found myself with 3-4” stems with no leafing. Ack! Into the tent under a CFL! They started unfurling, but still stretched a little more, and were not fully flopped, but were starting to leaf out upside down to get the light. I tried to prop one of them up by tamping the soil, and only managed to bend the fragile stem a little more (sorry, Bubblegum). I then tried to pile up more soil around them and didn’t water it down so it stayed in place. After about 4 days all my little soldiers were standing at attention.

In he meantime, I started another Shark to replace the one that didn’t come up. It didn't seem like that one was going to do anything either, but 5 days later it pops up and wants to join the party. So I added another CFL and brought him in to the tent immediately. It was scary seeing that pale little thing still wearing its hat under the light, but apparently that was what I should have done with all of them because he is doing great! So now I have 4 flourishing young plants, 1 seedling that is a week behind the rest, and a dieing Bubbegum that is about to be passed by Shark.

It’s time to put the 4 that took off under the LED. I am going to put them under at 30 - 34” (still nervous about burning them) tonight and keep an eye on them over the weekend. I am going to take the two lil’ fellas and put them under the CFL outside of the tent on the same timer for now. (It’s dark in my grow room).

Attachments

• IMG_1540.JPG
    IMG_1540.JPG
    769.5 KB · Views: 102
4x2 grow tent
CFL lights (seedling stage)
600W LEF (2)
3” pots, Jiffy peat starters + FF Happy Frog
1 - 3 gal fabric pots - FF

Jack Herer, (Seedsman)
Lemonchello (Seedsman)
Blue Cheese (Dynafem)
Blue Mystic (Royal)
Bubblegum
Shark (Pyramid)

Seeds started: March 31, 2019
(Shark was a dud, so started another one and it’s a ful week behind)

Seedling all sprouted and under CFL: April 7

Switch to LED: April 19

After 2 months of reading, getting my room and supplies ready, (and lurking in this forum) my first grow is underway. I have a little experience with starting vegetables and flowering plants from seed, so I went straight to Jiffy peat pots instead of soaking and paper-toweling. Over the next 3 - 6, I was delighted to see 5 of the 6 come up. And there began mistake #1 (of the many I expect to make) - I wanted to wait until they had all come up to put them under my CFLs. I suddenly found myself with 3-4” stems with no leafing. Ack! Into the tent under a CFL! They started unfurling, but still stretched a little more, and were not fully flopped, but were starting to leaf out upside down to get the light. I tried to prop one of them up by tamping the soil, and only managed to bend the fragile stem a little more (sorry, Bubblegum). I then tried to pile up more soil around them and didn’t water it down so it stayed in place. After about 4 days all my little soldiers were standing at attention.

In he meantime, I started another Shark to replace the one that didn’t come up. It didn't seem like that one was going to do anything either, but 5 days later it pops up and wants to join the party. So I added another CFL and brought him in to the tent immediately. It was scary seeing that pale little thing still wearing its hat under the light, but apparently that was what I should have done with all of them because he is doing great! So now I have 4 flourishing young plants, 1 seedling that is a week behind the rest, and a dieing Bubbegum that is about to be passed by Shark.

It’s time to put the 4 that took off under the LED. I am going to put them under at 30 - 34” (still nervous about burning them) tonight and keep an eye on them over the weekend. I am going to take the two lil’ fellas and put them under the CFL outside of the tent on the same timer for now. (It’s dark in my grow room).

So I am right at 30 days from when I suppose they graduated from seedlings to plants and have just changed the lights to 12/12. Since I will be keeping my stash for myself and have 5 plants, I think keeping them on the smaller side is a good idea.

So, since my last post, they have grown beautifully! I lost my Bubblegum (sweet farewell!) at seedling stage, and since Shark didn’t pop, I started a new one. It’s been interesting to see the difference in growth when I put Shark under lights at first sprout. He’s actually caught up to the rest, despite being a week behind. And so handsome!

I reported them last week and have given them a couple feedings of Fox Farms at half strength. They have gone nuts since then!

One SUPER weird thing has happened, one started flowering around May 1, and hasn’t stopped! I’ve come to realize it is definitely NOT Blue Cheese photo, and not even Blue Cheese. It’s some kind of Sativa auto. I had kept thinking those were awful Sativa-like leaves for an Indica! You can pretty clearly pick it out in the photo. I need to put my CFL back in there so I can get some decent pics!

In order below is the group shot, the mystery auto, Shark, Blue Mystic, Lemonchello Haze, and Jack Herer.

Blue Mystic hasn’t gotten any new leaves at the top forr about the last week, so I’ve just let her go. I think she is leading out from the sides though, and still getting taller.

I FIMd Shark and Jack a few days ago and think it’s made them bush out some, too. I accidentally topped lemonchello back to second node a couple weeks ago (a heartbreaking amount of topleaves),but he loved it!

That’s al for now. Ciao!

Attachments

• B4AF9F9C-1EA5-4C63-B2A6-BCCE5AE110B2.jpeg
    B4AF9F9C-1EA5-4C63-B2A6-BCCE5AE110B2.jpeg
    820 KB · Views: 115
  • 3D403ABE-F83D-4FB6-BD71-65A03328743A.jpeg
    3D403ABE-F83D-4FB6-BD71-65A03328743A.jpeg
    497.7 KB · Views: 108
  • E721A155-4722-4327-8960-6134A0C27E4F.jpeg
    E721A155-4722-4327-8960-6134A0C27E4F.jpeg
    823.9 KB · Views: 103
  • C11C9491-6834-4AC5-87EB-63C53E9CDDF1.jpeg
    C11C9491-6834-4AC5-87EB-63C53E9CDDF1.jpeg
    598.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 2924080F-E7A9-4AEF-BFE7-CE31E84C501D.jpeg
    2924080F-E7A9-4AEF-BFE7-CE31E84C501D.jpeg
    597.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 0563A8A0-271B-478F-A5D3-FB2906942E76.jpeg
    0563A8A0-271B-478F-A5D3-FB2906942E76.jpeg
    652 KB · Views: 102
So I am right at 30 days from when I suppose they graduated from seedlings to plants and have just changed the lights to 12/12. Since I will be keeping my stash for myself and have 5 plants, I think keeping them on the smaller side is a good idea.

So, since my last post, they have grown beautifully! I lost my Bubblegum (sweet farewell!) at seedling stage, and since Shark didn’t pop, I started a new one. It’s been interesting to see the difference in growth when I put Shark under lights at first sprout. He’s actually caught up to the rest, despite being a week behind. And so handsome!

I reported them last week and have given them a couple feedings of Fox Farms at half strength. They have gone nuts since then!

One SUPER weird thing has happened, one started flowering around May 1, and hasn’t stopped! I’ve come to realize it is definitely NOT Blue Cheese photo, and not even Blue Cheese. It’s some kind of Sativa auto. I had kept thinking those were awful Sativa-like leaves for an Indica! You can pretty clearly pick it out in the photo. I need to put my CFL back in there so I can get some decent pics!

In order below is the group shot, Shark, the mystery auto, Blue Mystic, Lemonchello Haze, and Jack Herer.

Blue Mystic hasn’t gotten any new leaves at the top forr about the last week, so I’ve just let her go. I think she is leading out from the sides though, and still getting taller.

I FIMd Shark and Jack a few days ago and think it’s made them bush out some, too. I accidentally topped lemonchello back to second node a couple weeks ago (a heartbreaking amount of topleaves),but he loved it!

That’s al for now. Ciao!

Back
Top Bottom