Near death experience, how to re-veg with least stress ?

PlanetJ

So, I learned to not be an ass while giving nutes, and not to DIY too much without understanding nutes and amounts used. Sadly, my best plant went from the first pic, to the rest, in 8 days.

My mistakes: defoliate first, then drown in water with way too much fertilizer in it. Due to this, there was almost no way to go, and I burned most of the plant. There is still some growth tho .. and I am hoping she will pull thru. Because of the condition she was in prior to me misshandling her, I want to try and save her and give her a good second change .. I want to re-veg, take clones from her, and have them grow outside till after my vacation, then move them inside, prune, sog 'em and then win a few '.. of the month' awards with her :p But first things first .. re-veg and save her ... I could use some expert opinions on this one :D

20140417_214710.jpg

20140425_004232.jpg

20140425_004252.jpg

20140425_004332.jpg

The first thing I would do PlanetJ is to remove all of the dead leaves and stems and flush the hell out of it to remove the nutrient OD from the medium. After that, some patience and TLC under a watchful eye is about all you can do for now. :goodluck:

She was already flushed .. I did remove dead leafs earlyer, but then new leafs started to look like this .. so I decided to just leave them for the time being, untill the plant seems stabilized .. in fear of making it worse on the new growth. Is there an error in my thinking ?

Edit: ...or should I flush more ? The runoff is clear ?

I think you're fighting an uphill battle either way but that trying a clone is the most likely to succeed. You can always take a clone AND try to reveg the rest of the plan; both will take a bit of time, like a month probably. These are some revegged plants I did late last year early this year, I had harvested down to nothing but what would have amounted to 1/16th dried bud or so on each w/no fan leaves:

I think you're fighting an uphill battle either way but that trying a clone is the most likely to succeed. You can always take a clone AND try to reveg the rest of the plan; both will take a bit of time, like a month probably. These are some revegged plants I did late last year early this year, I had harvested down to nothing but what would have amounted to 1/16th dried bud or so on each w/no fan leaves:

Looking at that plant tho ... where would I try to cut a clone ? I'm under the impression that I should wait untill there is some new growth ready to be cut of and used as clone, given the current condition of the plant ?

Do I just put her under 6500K and back into a veg lighting schedule ?

put her under the lights 24/7 'till the pot dries out (will take awhile, maybe as long as two weeks depending how soaked she is from your flush) then start mild veg nutes high in nitrogen and go to like 18-6 or 20-4 or how you usually veg.

Hey planet j, sorry to hear what happened.
I see you've got plenty of help here but just wanted to throw in my opinion. I have no idea how to clone so I wont poke at that, but I do have some experience with re-vegetating.
jamthe3 said everything there was to say, just cut down everything and leave a few bud sites, no need for a lot, she will do the rest. Be careful with your watering, she will drink less, and you can easy over do it.
I don't want to repeat information others gave but only wanted to say that there is hope for your lady. :love:

Hey PlanetJ sorry for your loss. I'll be making some clones soon. I'll give you some clones if you can make it to CO.

Someone please help PlanetJ out and hook him up on some freshies.

Hey PlanetJ sorry for your loss. I'll be making some clones soon. I'll give you some clones if you can make it to CO.

Someone please help PlanetJ out and hook him up on some freshies.

...it's a long way to CO from where I'm at ... ..just under 7000 km ;) (for a bird, with GPS, and no need to sleep or eat or rest (aka helicopter with unlimited fuel))

I can get my hands on haze clones for cheap locally .. so I'll probably go that way after my vacation .. and once I've demonstrated I can keep them alive till harvest, I'll probably start from seeds again, find me a nice mom, bonsai her, and go perpetual :p

Back
Top Bottom