Near Harvest Problems - Please Help

NewToGrowing

Quick back story. My neighbour/friends house flooded forcing them to get rid of the tent so we quickly moved it over to mine and set it up very incorrectly in the space it would fit. I am running a 600W Metal Halide for flowering I believe and a 600W HPS for veg ( may have those mixed up but i have both bulbs). the plant has been in almost 9 weeks of flowering and has been flushed the last 2 waters. I am entirely new to this and have read I probably did not give it the required nutrients. It is simply planted in promix. nothing else. I have General Hydroponcis Bloom, Grow and BC Grow(given to me). I did not use the BC Grow at all and only introduced a little bit of each nutrient about 4 times over its life (2.5ml - gal of each x4). Having had time to read now I realize that flushing it is probably taking all the available nutrients out of the soil leaving it with nothing to thrive off of. I have uploaded some photos hoping to get all the advice I can!
20151025_133204.jpg
20151025_133102.jpg
20151022_053548.jpg
Thanks to everyone.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Does she appear healthy? Any adjustments i could make? I have examined it closely for root rot and have not found anything. that leaf appeared over night with a few others that i trimmed. again any help would be awesome!

I agree... they look to be almost done to me too, maybe another week? Take a loupe or a macro mode on a camera and get in really close and look at those little sticky looking things on the tops of the leaves. They will be mushroom shaped and some could be clear, some could be cloudy and some could have an amber tint to them. Most of us do not harvest until there are no clear trichomes left and all of them are at least cloudy, and many of us like it to be a little more ripe and start to show us amber trichomes at around 5% of the total.

Some of your buds look done. The pistils at the top are all colored and bent back. The other pictures show pistils at the top that still are white/yellow, indicating that she is still not quite done flowering. Check the trichomes there too though, sometimes they can fool you. The trichomes are what tells you the story... everything else is just subjective.

Thanks for the great info. Did you see no concerns with the single leaf i posted. I saw this post

Plant Abuse Chart

the only thing it resembled to me was magnesium toxicity aswell a PH fluctuation. After seeing those both I can add another note that the first 6 weeks of life i did not do any PH balancing. After that i did so naturally by bringing my alkaline tap water down with some drops of lemon or lime adding a drop or 2 and waiting. finally getting a ph between 5.5-6. Maybe i have caused problems from PH fluctuation. Since i have been writing this my light cycle has come on and after a quick examine there are no more leaves appearing as the one posted above. It just received another flush and is looking very nice today... Please even though some may believe she is healthy and ready I would love to know any details as to how i may have mistreated her as I have 10 more seedlings ready for Veg and would love to fix any mistakes for my second attempt.

I woke them up this morning with another flush after 4 days of drying from previous. She is looking very healthy but will lack of nutrients degrad the quality if i keep flowering. I mentioned in my post that i did not feed the plants required amounts. I know these girls can thrive in rough conditions, but am i depleting them of nutrients to further develop a nicer product, or should I harvest.

the point is that you are at the end or very near the end. You dont have a deficiency that can be fixed at this point and at this point, the plants are trying to die anyway, they are nearing the end and are throwing everything they have into the buds. That leaf that you showed us is really nothing to worry about at this point and not giving them nutes now was the point of the flush. You are trying to get the plants to clean up, and put all the extra nutes they have stored into the buds and clean everything out so you don't taste the nutes in your final product. Harvest when they are done, by looking at the trichomes as I described above. Nothing else matters other than that.

You believe i should give it atleast another week. Given I have flushed it again an hour ago and do so every 4 days (seems to be when it dries and soil pulls from edges of pot) should i flush it again and harvest when soil has dryed or would i harvest with wet soil soon after final flush... also heard 24 hours of dark before chopping down. any links or info on harvest as it is my first would be great although i will be reading my ass off the next few days.

You believe i should give it atleast another week. Given I have flushed it again an hour ago and do so every 4 days (seems to be when it dries and soil pulls from edges of pot) should i flush it again and harvest when soil has dryed or would i harvest with wet soil soon after final flush... also heard 24 hours of dark before chopping down. any links or info on harvest as it is my first would be great although i will be reading my ass off the next few days.

again, the guess of a week is just that, a guess... and the only way to know is to examine the trichomes, and unless you have a good camera that can get down in there, only you can do that.

flushing by the way is not the same as just giving water. Flushing is when you run 3x the container size of water through there. You are simply not giving nutes.

harvest and cure is another subject that can be quite complicated to some people... keep reading, it is at least half of the growing process.

I have done extensive reading on harvest and curing, and again thank you for putting up with my noobie questions but the only thing i couldnt find in reading is weather or not to chop it down when the soil is fully dry or after a final flush. And i have the pot raised up with 2 clay tray pieces undearth seperating it from drainage tray and i pour enough ph balanced water through untill 50 percent has drained through then i place on another cleaned drainage tray and remove tray with flush water to clean for next water, is that a good flush process?

Thank you for helping a total noob.

I dont consider that a flush, but they say that folks who water to 10% or more runoff each time never have to flush, because they are doing it all along and salts can not build up.

As far as when to chop in relation to watering... you are going to dry them out after chopping. Why in the world would you chop then, immediately after watering, when the plant is the most wet it could possibly be?? Wait till it dries out again for 4 days, and chop when it is time to water the next time.

Regarding being a total noob... we were all there once and we totally understand the need to know. Fear not, the only dumb question is the one you were afraid to ask.

since i just did my (semi flush) in your terms do you think i should go and run another bit through it or leave it till next water.

Back
Top Bottom