Need a little help

Hi @gregnsarah and welcome to the forum!

if this is showing on the lower and middle leaves, it is a magnesium deficiency. Solution: apply calmag supplement. This damage will never repair, but at least you can stop it from progressing.
I’m starting a new fertilizer today, it’s big buds and blooms brand. Can i use the cal mag supplement on top of fertilizer?

7572D36E-4CD9-4BEC-8393-8A8B9B1FF675.png

yes, but be sure to add it to your water before the other nutes

F95AB45A-374C-45C5-803F-452183914633.jpeg

26530372-329D-4EC4-BEC3-D3AE1016C676.jpeg

85B78137-8A12-46B2-B5F0-0B12E063E8DE.jpeg

There is usually a minimum and maximum dosage of the calmag given right on the bottle. Start low and see if it fixes the problem. Apply with every watering until you know.

Regarding fertilizer in a soil grow. It is traditional to feed on one pass and then follow it up with a water only pass the next time, alternating all through the grow. Check your products carefully, and follow their feeding chart per the week of your grow, mixing in their nutrients as specified.

Would you know how much cal mag to use? It says .5-2oz of fertilizer to a gallon of water to start
The 3 bottles of fertilizer you bought are for general overall feeding of your plants. Those bottles do not contain the Calcium-Magnesium that the group is recommending. You still have to buy a separate Cal-Mag product. If you stick with the same company the dosage is 1/2 to 1 oz per gallon of water.

"Big Blooms and Buds" from Vine Vitality is not to be confused with the popular "Big Buds" line of fertilizers by the Advanced Nutrients company.

Check your products carefully, and follow their feeding chart per the week of your grow, mixing in their nutrients as specified.
The company which makes the "Big Blooms and Buds" recognizes that their products can successfully be used to grow Marijuana and mentions this many times on the website. They do not have any sort of feeding chart nor do they say anything about a schedule for growing Cannabis. They do recognize the vegetating stage and the flowering stage when they talk about using the 3 products pictured in the earlier message.

Around here the charts that show the feeding rates or dosages and the schedule of what to use and when can be found at many of the grow shops. Or you can call Fox Farms during normal business hours and ask the receptionist if he or she can mail the latest and greatest to you. It should take 3 business days to show up in your mailbox.

Whether downloaded or thru the mail find the chart called "Soil Feeding Schedule" and use that one and not any of the others. The first 3 products listed and in the green boxes are the Fox Farms Soil trio. The Big Bloom is used once a week throughout the life of the plant. Several weeks into the grow the schedule says to start adding a dose of the product called Grow Big. Do this until there are 3 weeks left before harvest and then stop adding it.

Tiger Bloom, which is what you have a photo of, is added in along with the other two starting with the first week of flowering. It will be used for the rest of the grow right up until the week of the harvest.

There will be 3 'flushings' listed and it is best to do those on schedule. The flushing is not to change the tastes, smells, or harshness of the buds after the harvest. It is done to wash out any excess fertilizers that have built up in the soil. In my opinion you can skip the Sledge-Hammer product and just use plain water but the flushing should be done.

And, I recommend avoiding the "finishers' which are listed at the bottom of the chart until you get the hang of all this feedings, schedules, flowering times, etc. Some growers report great success with harvest quantity and quality without ever having used those items.

Around here the charts that show the feeding rates or dosages and the schedule of what to use and when can be found at many of the grow shops. Or you can call Fox Farms during normal business hours and ask the receptionist if he or she can mail the latest and greatest to you. It should take 3 business days to show up in your mailbox.

Whether downloaded or thru the mail find the chart called "Soil Feeding Schedule" and use that one and not any of the others. The first 3 products listed and in the green boxes are the Fox Farms Soil trio. The Big Bloom is used once a week throughout the life of the plant. Several weeks into the grow the schedule says to start adding a dose of the product called Grow Big. Do this until there are 3 weeks left before harvest and then stop adding it.

Tiger Bloom, which is what you have a photo of, is added in along with the other two starting with the first week of flowering. It will be used for the rest of the grow right up until the week of the harvest.

There will be 3 'flushings' listed and it is best to do those on schedule. The flushing is not to change the tastes, smells, or harshness of the buds after the harvest. It is done to wash out any excess fertilizers that have built up in the soil. In my opinion you can skip the Sledge-Hammer product and just use plain water but the flushing should be done.

And, I recommend avoiding the "finishers' which are listed at the bottom of the chart until you get the hang of all this feedings, schedules, flowering times, etc. Some growers report great success with harvest quantity and quality without ever having used those items.

Im roughly in 9-10 weeks, I have everything listed on the feeding schedule. In your educated opinion where would you start on that chart with each half or a quarter of what they suggest?

Im roughly in 9-10 weeks, I have everything listed on the feeding schedule. In your educated opinion where would you start on that chart with each half or a quarter of what they suggest?
I am not a big fan of 1/2 or 1/4 dose but realize that a lot of growers seem to recommend it. I switched over to another nutrient and fertilizer brand so it has been a couple of years since I have used the Fox Farms with my Marijuana plants. But, I am still using the Fox Farms with my potted flowers and kitchen herbs at a full or slightly higher dose.

As to your question regarding dosage levels I think the first thing is to let us know when you are planning on putting the plant into a flowering stage or are you waiting for it to happen naturally in several weeks when the days get shorter?

Back
Top Bottom