Need a recommendation for a good seed bank

Cash Cash Cash. still the best way to purchase seeds. No paper trail. Most companies wont except credit cards anyway. Everyone needs to remember that their dealers wont take credit so why should seed banks.
With that said I have never made a cash order and not received my seeds. I use Sensible Seeds mostly but have sent cash to at least 4 other companies and received my orders.
Go with a seed bank that sells breeder packs. If all the seeds that a seed bank sells have only their name on them they are probably copies. Nothing wrong with most the copies out there for those with tight budgets. If you really want what you want go with established breeders working with solid genetics.
I would really suggest you look into Sensible Seeds web site. Great support, with prompt email updates and responses to your orders or questions. Keeping in mind seed banks can't answer your grow questions. Some might but most don't because it is illegal to grow the seeds they sell. Seeds are for collecting not growing lol.

Sensible Seeds web site.

Company appears to be a UK one, but their website appears to be on a server that is physically located within the US - and which attempts to run a Cloudflare script on the visitors' computers.

Yeah, I think I'm going to pass on that one.

If growing reg is fine, no other place to buy seeds than mns auctions.. I actually can't see why anyone would buy from elsewhere, but that's me..

I was using Herbie's seed in the UK, but they now require an awkward payment method. Ordered seeds from another UK bank, and the germination rate was 30%! OUCH!

My previous rates were all above 90%.

Looking for a good place to get seeds that accepts american bank cards.

HELP!

I'm in the USA I used seedsman.com they take all forms of payment even bit coin

Look up AMS seeds and see if they got what you need! I always u my cards to pay!! I don't know anything about bitcoin:(

I used my credit card for seedsman as well bit coin is a crypto currency blah blah blah lol it's nothing important I know a lot of seed sites off you a whole lot of extras and freebies if you use bit coin

Company appears to be a UK one, but their website appears to be on a server that is physically located within the US - and which attempts to run a Cloudflare script on the visitors' computers.

Yeah, I think I'm going to pass on that one.

TorturedSoul. I wasn't aware of the computer server stuff you mentioned. To tell the truth I didn't understand any of it. In the end I will continue using Sensible because of their great service.
Anyone out there that can explain the computer stuff to me. In laymen terms. Like I said I don't see me changing companies at this time. I will consider my stance on recommending them. If I can be showed that it puts people at undue risk that they would not have with other companies.

I've had 100 percent germ rates from true north seed bank, a little pricey, some times things are out of stock,but good genetics and fast shipping!

Anyone out there that can explain the computer stuff to me. In laymen terms. Like I said I don't see me changing companies at this time. I will consider my stance on recommending them. If I can be showed that it puts people at undue risk that they would not have with other companies.

Well, keep in mind that I'm "a little" bit paranoid about cannabis - and will remain so as long as it is against federal law. If/when cannabis-related items cross state lines (and/or enter the postal system), federal statutes come into play (and I do understand that the odds of one specific package getting singled out is relatively small).

Regardless of the... The actual, physical location of the server that a website is being run on/from does NOT have to be the same one where the business is located. Many businesses, for whatever reason, choose to use a host that is located within the US. Now that's all fine and dandy if you're ordering a pair of socks, lol. But cannabis seeds? If I remember correctly, US ones must keep server logs for a period of time (a year? IDK...). And then there's that "warrant" thing - if the business is in Europe and the server is, too (or in Africa, et cetera), it'd be rather difficult for a US-based entity to legally acquire data from that server; by the time the convoluted process of enlisting the cooperation of two different foreign governments happened, most "visitor information" would be gone. IF, on the other hand, that business' website is located on a server that's in a US state, it's going to be exponentially easier. And then there's "Cloudflare." The creator/principal of that... Did some huge "honeypot" project for Uncle Sam and went on record stating how much he enjoyed the thing and how much he wanted to do something similar, but on a grander scale. Next thing he appears to have created was Cloudflare. So, you know... Paranoia is (basically) feeling like someone/something is after you when the person or thing really isn't. And I don't know if that term even applies in this case. Our fearless leaders sure do seem to be against cannabis users :icon_roll . So, recalling what I read, when I consider using a seedbank (or other cannabis-related website), I check to see whether or not its server is located on domestic ground - and whether or not one of the scripts that the website in question attempts to run on my computer is a Cloudflare one. If yes, I remove the website's address from memory (both my computer's and my own).

Those who reside in other countries probably have nothing to worry about. For the rest of us... IDK. There are unavoidable risks - and avoidable ones.

Well, keep in mind that I'm "a little" bit paranoid about cannabis - and will remain so as long as it is against federal law. If/when cannabis-related items cross state lines (and/or enter the postal system), federal statutes come into play (and I do understand that the odds of one specific package getting singled out is relatively small).

Regardless of the... The actual, physical location of the server that a website is being run on/from does NOT have to be the same one where the business is located. Many businesses, for whatever reason, choose to use a host that is located within the US. Now that's all fine and dandy if you're ordering a pair of socks, lol. But cannabis seeds? If I remember correctly, US ones must keep server logs for a period of time (a year? IDK...). And then there's that "warrant" thing - if the business is in Europe and the server is, too (or in Africa, et cetera), it'd be rather difficult for a US-based entity to legally acquire data from that server; by the time the convoluted process of enlisting the cooperation of two different foreign governments happened, most "visitor information" would be gone. IF, on the other hand, that business' website is located on a server that's in a US state, it's going to be exponentially easier. And then there's "Cloudflare." The creator/principal of that... Did some huge "honeypot" project for Uncle Sam and went on record stating how much he enjoyed the thing and how much he wanted to do something similar, but on a grander scale. Next thing he appears to have created was Cloudflare. So, you know... Paranoia is (basically) feeling like someone/something is after you when the person or thing really isn't. And I don't know if that term even applies in this case. Our fearless leaders sure do seem to be against cannabis users :icon_roll . So, recalling what I read, when I consider using a seedbank (or other cannabis-related website), I check to see whether or not its server is located on domestic ground - and whether or not one of the scripts that the website in question attempts to run on my computer is a Cloudflare one. If yes, I remove the website's address from memory (both my computer's and my own).

Those who reside in other countries probably have nothing to worry about. For the rest of us... IDK. There are unavoidable risks - and avoidable ones.

Thanks man I understand now. Paranoia is never unwarranted with the laws as they are I totally understand. Interesting info!

I had great success getting my seeds from "Attitude Seedbank", they're located out of the U.K., HUGE variety, probably the largest selections I've come by
I can't attest to the seeds themselves yet as I haven't done a grow with them yet, can attest to their discreet shipping though

That one doesn't use Cloudflare.

OtOH... its server is located in the DC metro area (Ashburn, VA).

Flagfox/Geotool FtW, lol.

I'm a newbie grower, my first purchase of seed was from Bonza Seeds this past summer. Received seeds in about 2 weeks with no problems. They accept Visa, Master Card, and Bitcoin purchases, and offer sevaral different shipping options. I received prompt replies from customer service when asking about status of my order.

You may be able to buy for untraceable cash locally. My first three purchases of these collectibles were made at local hydroponics and head shops. They had some from our sponsor Crop King Seeds as well as some from other well-known breeders. I haven't found a North American seed bank selling the high CBD strains such as Nightingale and VCDC. I went with Seedsman for them, buying bitcoins with a credit card, then paying for my purchase with bitcoin. I'm waiting for their arrival now.

Pick from 420 sponsors.

^THIS^ . Aside from the obvious benefits they provide by paying for our favorite forum to exist, I've used several over time and never had an issue.

Actually, in most countries (I've read that it can be tough to get some things through to Australia, for some reason), the vast majority of seed shipments appear to succeed with no issues. And, as for issues, since Customs "is nice enough" to add a form letter when they confiscate cannabis seeds, it appears that most of the (very few) issues that DO happen are from thefts somewhere along the route. For example, I've had (non-seed) packages come from other countries, enter the big ISC facility in New York... and drop completely off the record, never to be seen again. I sometimes feel almost as if that particular ISC facility does criminal background checks on all its prospective employees - and then refuse to hire those with a clean record :rolleyes3 .

Over time, I've also seen lots of different degrees of stealth/"stealth"/HERE'S YOUR SEEDS shipping, too. From one package that had me tearing apart the actual package (after pulling it back out of the trash can), some being hidden in non-cannabis merchandise, at least one that would have had any possible inspector saying, "Wait a minute, HOLD IT!" because it was just so obvious that someone - perhaps the business owner's mentally-challenged six-year old child, lol? - had picked an item out of the 99-cent aisle of the nearest store at random, opened it up, inserted the seeds, and then only partially closed the item afterwards... all the way to once receiving a regular white envelope clearly addressed from a cannabis breeder to the <COUGH>pretend<COUGH> address that contained nothing other than three little ziplock baggies of seeds. It's been so many years that I don't even remember who sent the last one, other than that it wasn't a seed bank per se (although they did sell seeds directly, too, at least at the time) but a breeder.

ALL of the above got through. And, each and every time, I patted myself on the back for having the forethought to use a name that wasn't mine (most generally, wasn't anyone's, lol)... and an address that was neither my home nor the location of my grows. <SHRUGS> Yes, I know it's hard to prove that the person receiving an item is actually the same person that caused it to be sent (ordered it), at least if that person didn't - for example - use their own personal credit card to pay for the order, LMFAO. But, hey, everyone knows I can be... a bit paranoid at times. But I happen to feel that it doesn't take a conviction - or even an arrest / charge / etc. - to become known. As far as I know, the only times I've come to the attention of any LEO (other than a brief time in my teens/early adulthood when I was an @sshole that tended to get into fights with other @ssholes) was on a "one to one" basis. Either someone giving me grief (
Your grow is stinking up the entire parking lot and I don't want my dog going nuts every time I park and walk over there to buy a newspaper! Do something about it NOW!!!" ) or, upon very rare occasion, meeting someone who liked to get there almost as much as I did (well... not that much ;) ), perhaps someone sitting across from me at a campfire who just happened to be a LEO. But officially? No thanks.

Again, I am paranoid about these things. Doing a simple web search and including terms such as cannabis seeds and credit card will show that lots of people every year use their own credit card to pay for a seed order (and, one assumes, have them sent to their billing address). Most of those people seem to still be posting about their grows somewhere on the Internet.

LIFE, lol. Ya pays yer money, ya yakes yer chances....

Back
Top Bottom