Need advice for LEDs

Matto835

So this is my first time growing, I just bought a 1000w led tolys off amazon it comes with 3 settings for the stages of the plants lives, so I will be growing 5 autos of gorilla glue.

Question #1: will the one 1000w light be enough for 5 plants in a 5x5 grow tent?

Question #2: seeing as the lights have 3 settings for the stages of the plants life, how do I know when I change it to flowering settings? Should I do that when I see it just starting to flower or if I dont do it will it not start flowering until I do? Or do I just leave it on the first setting throughout the entire grow?

Sorry I know these questions seem stupid, but I am trying to wrap my head around everything quite intimidated to say the least.

Hiya @Matto835 , figure 30-50w per sq foot, your plants need about 4sq ft each...so you need about 250 watts spread over the whole area. That light doesn't really pull 1000w from the wall, I'd guess more like 130w so I'd say you need two minimum. There is better light available for sure, but that'll grow weed! CHeers mate, gl to your endeavor! :yahoo:

EDIT: Run it full bore all three settings all the way through.

It's all about yield. You'll get something, but nothing you'll be real happy with for the work involved. I would probably use that for 1 plant these days. You could eek out 2 but it would be tough. Check the specs on it and see if it tells you actual draw from the wall to make sure.

Most people are using white light/full spectrum boards referred to as "quantum boards"...its way easier on the eyes and stronger/more efficient. We have some great light sponsors here, they are very active and lots of times have discounts and contests of one sort or another going for us. I also watch the used market and get older technology like what you are running for pennies on the dollar. I don't mind the blurples and old LED tech is very relevant still.

If money is a object right now, I'd suggest growing less plants, or focusing your effort on less and hoping for the best on the others. Another thing is if you haven't used that light just yet...I might suggest keeping it in the box and doing a bunch of reading around here, look at the new technology our sponsors have to offer... even if you don't end up with their products, you might find you have time to return and repurchase...just a thought!

Cool thanks for all the solid info, I normally do alot of research before buying but I this case maybe I dropped the ball, its quite a mission for me to return things with the current state of the worldas and especially being immunocompromised , so I think i am just going to use what i have and grow less plants maybe grow the remaining plants outside. Thanks again brother

Found an article on the light from a cannabis growing website, not sure if this helps

The TOLYS led grow light can help any cannabis grower to meet the demands for the plants in all the growing stages. It produces a full spectrum of warm white, red, and blue. The lamp is perfect for use during the cold seasons or in winter as the white light it produces warms up the grow tent.

The UV and IR rays support the plant’s defense mechanism, while the red and blue rays are essential for plant growth and development. The lamp features the newest 10W dual-chips where 58 pieces produce the red light between 630nm to 660nm.

Ten pieces produce blue light at 460nm, 14 pieces produce the white light at 6500k while 18 pieces produce a full spectrum light. All of them work together to support the indoor plants vegetative and flowering growth stages.

It also has a veg and bloom switch that you can use to control the type of light you want to use depending on the growth stage. During the germination phase, you can switch on the Veg switch while you can switch both the Veg and Bloom switches during both the flowering and fruiting stage of the plant.

The grow light will not overheat even with continuous use since the lamp has upgraded silent cooling fans and aluminum heat sinks to help with the heat dissipation. The LED light also features a programmable digital switch timer that has ten different on and off programs that you can set for the whole day or week to repeat once. It also has a built-in battery unit to retain the programming.

A Killawatt meter is a handy tool for any indoor grower. You can plug in your light or pump or cooling fans and see exactly how many watts they use.

11b7e992b40242ac110005.jpg

The cheap light manufactures wattage claims are absurd.
Pbass is 100% :thumb: you can grow with it for sure just limit your footprint size.

Run it full blast. I have lights with switchable modes but I run them "Full spectrum" all the time.

First you need to know what the actual wattage of the 1000w led is
I did a fair amount of searching and didn't come up with a description that included actual wattage for that specific manufacturer. Based on the size and number of fans (1) I'd guess it's aruond 100-130w.

Awsome! That's good news makes it less complicated, even in flowering?
Yes our plants benefit from more energy than they do less blue and more red. Flip them switches, full steam ahead!

Back
Top Bottom