Need advice on organic amendments!

turboFOURTWENTY

420 Member
Starting a small closet grow soon. Been watching a grower closely and like his method of growing which uses Gaia Green products. He uses 4-4-4 all purpose fertilizer and 2-8-4 for blooms. Now, I can't find a retailer in the U.S. that sells Gaia Green. BUT, I did find Dr. Earth organic fertilizers. The only difference is the bloom is 3-9-4 instead of 2-8-4. My question is, how big of a difference will that make?

I researched Gaia and it's a Canadian company with retailers only north of the border.

I mean, I know what the numbers mean, so the Dr. Earth is gonna have a higher nitrogen and phosphorus than the Gaia but in everyone's experience is that a huge difference?

The plants are going in 3 gallon cloth pots using coco, a little perlite, and some 4-4-4.

IF you're going into coco you need to feed the plant regular. I'm not that well versed on that method of growing.

There are lots of folks here that grow in Coco. Coco doesn't have any nutrients so you need to provide them and I think you need a source of soluble Calcium.

I run straight up soil in a no-till pot just water in.

I know who the grower is you have been watching (the channel not the guy lol) and am really interested in doing his method as well. He gets really good results with very little effort. I have really been thinking of doing it this way when this current grow is complete. Such a pain in the @$$ to have to mix nutes for 12 five gallon buckets lol.

Luckily one of my local hydro stores carries this line. One thing I have noticed is that finding organic stuff that is available in both Canada and the US is pretty hard. Both countries have different agriculture rules for organics. So if you can find it there you can't find it here and vice a versa.

It would be nice to just have to use ph'd water...set it and forget it.

@bobrown14 The grower in question mixes his organic dry amendments into his coco with some perlite and thats pretty much it. Later on for bloom he adds the bloom dry amendments as top dress and carries on. He doesn't use anything else and he grows really healthy plants with fat dense nugs. Not sure if we are allowed to mention youtube channels or not so I won't but maybe in pm? Is that allowed? I don't wanna get kicked in the peenor for spam or rule breaking ^^

I researched Gaia and it's a Canadian company with retailers only north of the border.

I mean, I know what the numbers mean, so the Dr. Earth is gonna have a higher nitrogen and phosphorus than the Gaia but in everyone's experience is that a huge difference?

The plants are going in 3 gallon cloth pots using coco, a little perlite, and some 4-4-4.

They have Gaia Green on A-zon.

Without microbes and bugs and worms I am not so sure that "organic amendments" are really going to do all that much good because they need to be broken down and made bioavailable for the plant.

And even if you have the bugs microbes worms and such to break it down then a 3 gallon pot is woefully inadequate to supply the nutrition needed.
For organic growing where you are not bottle feeding you need at least 15 gallon fabric pots minimum.

If you're bottle feeding nutrients, and not using organic amendments then just make sure you got all the macro and micro nutrients and always use fabric pots and you should be fine.

Starting a small closet grow soon. Been watching a grower closely and like his method of growing which uses Gaia Green products. He uses 4-4-4 all purpose fertilizer and 2-8-4 for blooms. Now, I can't find a retailer in the U.S. that sells Gaia Green. BUT, I did find Dr. Earth organic fertilizers. The only difference is the bloom is 3-9-4 instead of 2-8-4. My question is, how big of a difference will that make?
It's like if you wrote that for me I was looking for Gaia green as well cuz you were probably watching mr. Canuck which is a grape grower I also seen on YouTube you can use dr. Green with a three different ones green bag orange bag pink bag and the guy has a result of the grow for autos and it looks great also I'm doing mine with Mother Earth 70/30 Coco perlite mix and it's just like the guy green you won't have to feed it just water it pH 6.5 to 6.8 for three to four weeks then you top dress after that the video also shows you which to to use.....

Back
Top Bottom