Need Advice

fereetimo

Hi everyone, im new to 420 and im looking for some advice, this is my first time grow, and my plants are looking good im really pleased with them, so much better than I had hoped for the first time growing, my question is...some of the buds on the top of my plants are just great, they look like they are ready to harvest, with loads of crystals on them, but I have 10 plants in a 5x5x7 tent so some of the buds that are a bit further down the plants are small and are not quite getting the same light, didn't realise that there were too many plants in a small space, so can I cut off the top buds leaving the smaller ones below to get the chance of some light, will this damage the plant?? will the smaller lower down buds feel the benefit of this, or should I just harvest the whole plant. I would appreciate any feedback that you all could give me. Stay Happy And Stoned. :Namaste::thanks:
also how should it be dried and stored for longevity.

:welcome: to :420:

Yes - You can do a selective harvest. The lower, smaller buds probably won't get a lot larger but they will continue to mature while you trim, dry, cure the parts that are already finished. Depending on the size of your harvest, that can be a very good thing. My recent chop took over two weeks from cutting the tops off until I was done with the popcorn.

I have never done it on an indoor grow but I did do just that on my outdoor grow this year and it went fine. I have 12 girl chickens in my back yard which limited where I could plant my outdoor grow since they love to eat the leaves and buds. Well the best place to grow for them was not the best for me. They won, so I ended up where a lot of the plants lower branches were shaded, so come harvest time, I just took off what I felt was ready and then waited.
Now here is what I noticed, did the buds down lower get as dense as the buds up top? No. But the development of the trichomes were able to fully ripen before I cut them.
I feel like such a waster of space I have 3 plants in a 5x10x6.5 tent while you managed 10 in 1/2 that space. Dang, watering must be a nightmare.
Post a pic or two.. would love to see the girls

cheers,

Hopefully others will jump in that have had more experience with this

I so hate being a 2 finger typer.. was not till after I posted I saw Major speed typer Pita had already answered his question:goodjob:

I'm unemployed and sit on the computer all day, and Major beats be to the punch most often, :laughtwo:

Awe thank you, I didn't realise that I really should have given them a bit more room to spread their lovely branches, but they do look fab cant believe that I managed this on my first grow, I did take some cutting from my girls a while back and put them back on 24 hr lights back to veg, nearly 5 weeks now so they are just about to replace the ones I have ready, but I would like to give the buds lower down a wee chance to live well, get some good light, I will try to post a couple of pics if I can figure out how to lol. can you tell me best way to dry and store for longevity, I use for medicinal and recreational, and know that I will have a good yield so don't want any of it to go to waste, or to rot. Thank you so much for getting back to me so soon, love n stuff Nellie.xx

I just took off what I felt was ready and then waited.
Now here is what I noticed, did the buds down lower get as dense as the buds up top? No. But the development of the trichomes were able to fully ripen before I cut them.

I do pretty much the same. The loose second harvest stuff makes great oil. I've never had to tape indoors. Not a bad idea outdoors though. She looks pretty healthy to me as well. A little small for a month maybe.. What type of lighting and temps?

20151029_185231.jpg

View image in gallery

20151029_184902.jpg

View image in gallery

pics of my girls how you enjoy them, any feed back would be greatly appreciated. x

I cut the colas off my bagseed crop in the big tent and put the rest back in the tent. They just exploded with triches, looks like they were dipped in sugar. I will attempt a pic....

Back
Top Bottom