Need help solving Mg & P

Zora21

Hi, I'm currently having some issues with all of my plants. The new ones might just genuinely have ran out of nutrients, they just got repotted into their larger pots. However, my bigger OG kush plant has signs of what I believe are Mg and P deficiencies paired with what looks light nitrogen toxicity.

Medium: Pro Mix

Ph: 6.0-6.5 when watering
Haven't checked medium ph

Nutrients: Green gro biologicals pridelands veg & Bloom, green aminos, and soon to have their brix.

They got top dressed one time, and then watered after it drank the whole pot after transplant. Before it was watered it showed signs of Mg deficiency and P, then showed signs of nitrogen toxicity after the watering.

Not sure of EC, going to have to get a pen.

Just curious what the wisdom here would do to us out the issue and or resolve it.

1000000904.jpg
1000000903.jpg
1000000897.jpg

first looks are a little over watered and a little under fed. high in n.

i'm not sure on the nutes, are they all top dress or is there a bottle nute component ?

edit : what are the temps and rh ? there's a bit of cupping as well. nothing is very troublesome.

first looks are a little over watered and a little under fed. high in n.

i'm not sure on the nutes, are they all top dress or is there a bottle nute component ?

edit : what are the temps and rh ? there's a bit of cupping as well. nothing is very troublesome.
Thanks for coming in!

The nutrients are all organic dry amendments. Veg is typical stuff with a bunch of added myco and bacteria. And the green aminos is just micro nutrients and calcium basically with a very small amount of nitrogen

I just got my ac infinity controller in and turned the lights up to heat up the room. Before it was max 73 and hovered 52 humidity pretty even. Now with lights turned up to heat up the tent, temp sitting at 78 and 60rh.

High temp trigger for fan is 78 and vpd target is 1.0 for the humidifier.
I'll comment some better pics

Thanks for coming in!

The nutrients are all organic dry amendments. Veg is typical stuff with a bunch of added myco and bacteria. And the green aminos is just micro nutrients and calcium basically with a very small amount of nitrogen

I just got my ac infinity controller in and turned the lights up to heat up the room. Before it was max 73 and hovered 52 humidity pretty even. Now with lights turned up to heat up the tent, temp sitting at 78 and 60rh.

High temp trigger for fan is 78 and vpd target is 1.0 for the humidifier.
I'll comment some better pics

all i can tell you is you for sure is you look pretty good.

the under fed look i was twigging on is actually pretty normal in organic source nutes and top feed. so that'll be a nothing sandwich observation.

you got a big lazy indica so it's sensitive to over water and higher light / heat / rh. the media itself looks ok so i don't think you are drowning it, but you have to be dialed in the water / feed side in top dress.

my guess is still to a slight over water. have a read through this :

all i can tell you is you for sure is you look pretty good.

the under fed look i was twigging on is actually pretty normal in organic source nutes and top feed. so that'll be a nothing sandwich observation.

you got a big lazy indica so it's sensitive to over water and higher light / heat / rh. the media itself looks ok so i don't think you are drowning it, but you have to be dialed in the water / feed side in top dress.

my guess is still to a slight over water. have a read through this :

Thanks, I didn't know that was a general look to organics. I'm used to using bottled synthetic in pro mix so it's all new to me.

It feels a bit harder using organic dry amendments, as with the bottles I felt like I could fix an issue in a couple of hours.

I appreciate the advice, I think I'm gonna let them dry out really good.

Would it hurt to water with Epsom salt water for my next watering? Could it build up and cause issues? Also I'm trying to get the brix, which is an instant compost tea with beneficial carbs ect, can I water with that every watering?

Sorry for all of the questions, I'll probably need to direct that last one to the company itself and see what they recommend.

Thanks, I didn't know that was a general look to organics. I'm used to using bottled synthetic in pro mix so it's all new to me.

It feels a bit harder using organic dry amendments, as with the bottles I felt like I could fix an issue in a couple of hours.

I appreciate the advice, I think I'm gonna let them dry out really good.

Would it hurt to water with Epsom salt water for my next watering? Could it build up and cause issues? Also I'm trying to get the brix, which is an instant compost tea with beneficial carbs ect, can I water with that every watering?

Sorry for all of the questions, I'll probably need to direct that last one to the company itself and see what they recommend.

they are fast rolling up to a bump in feed as well. when you do top dress nutes you have to anticipate what they need ahead of where you are.

i don't know the nute schedule they have, but i'd look to the next incremental bump when they've dried out for the next feed.

edit : straighten up the watering and keep ahead of the nutes and it should be fine. how big are your buckets ?

That part is definitely strange for me. It's been a learning curve, but I'm fine with it and in no rush to finish these plants.

I'm really hoping they will perk up over the dry period. As for the pots, I'm actually not entirely sure on the size haha. Is I had to guess the oh kush is in a 1-2 gal pot, it's 9 inches. The other 2 are in roughly half that size of pot so 0.5-1gal? They will all end up in 15 gallon fabric pots before flowering.

That part is definitely strange for me. It's been a learning curve, but I'm fine with it and in no rush to finish these plants.

I'm really hoping they will perk up over the dry period. As for the pots, I'm actually not entirely sure on the size haha. Is I had to guess the oh kush is in a 1-2 gal pot, it's 9 inches. The other 2 are in roughly half that size of pot so 0.5-1gal? They will all end up in 15 gallon fabric pots before flowering.

they might be getting close to up pot soon.

Hi, I'm currently having some issues with all of my plants. The new ones might just genuinely have ran out of nutrients, they just got repotted into their larger pots. However, my bigger OG kush plant has signs of what I believe are Mg and P deficiencies paired with what looks light nitrogen toxicity.

Medium: Pro Mix

Ph: 6.0-6.5 when watering
Haven't checked medium ph

Nutrients: Green gro biologicals pridelands veg & Bloom, green aminos, and soon to have their brix.

They got top dressed one time, and then watered after it drank the whole pot after transplant. Before it was watered it showed signs of Mg deficiency and P, then showed signs of nitrogen toxicity after the watering.

Not sure of EC, going to have to get a pen.

Just curious what the wisdom here would do to us out the issue and or resolve it.

1000000904.jpg
1000000903.jpg
1000000897.jpg
I see curled leaves and some miniaturization. That might come from overfeeding and excess light. I don't believe there's any nutrient deficiencies in the medium, I'm leaning towards environment and overfeeding.

What kind of light do you use and how close is it to the canopy? What kind of "soil" do you use and does it come already amended with slow released nutrients? This is very common practice in peat based mixes.

Cheers!

I see curled leaves and some miniaturization. That might come from overfeeding and excess light. I don't believe there's any nutrient deficiencies in the medium, I'm leaning towards environment and overfeeding.

What kind of light do you use and how close is it to the canopy? What kind of "soil" do you use and does it come already amended with slow released nutrients? This is very common practice in peat based mixes.

Cheers!
Thanks for the response. I'll see what I can come up with haha

So I use a Mars ts3000, it just recently got turned all the way up to help heat the room up(I also didn't know what my temps would be so testing) and also because I noticed the light intensity was too much. It was right around 590-620ppfd.
Dimming is now on 100% hanging 46" above the canopy and around 360ppfd, the light also stays on 24/7.

So I'm using just regular pro mix, I think it does have some starter, I also pre amendmended a very small amount into the pro mix and let it cook for a week before transplanting from tiny planter into 1gal. It was an early up pot as I had to travel so it took forever to drink the pot of water, like 12 days maybe more. I started to show signs of deficiency magnesium and phosphorus before the 12-15 days ended so I raked in amendments and lightly watered the top.

Then after it the 12-15 days they got watered in. Less than the recommended tablespoon(per gal of soil)

This may be very jumbled and I'm so sorry lol. Hopefully you can find some of the information in there!

Just grabbed some more pictures. Maybe it'll help as I keep updating haha. Could this need an up pot? It's not been in there super long, like 3 weeks.

1000000925.jpg
1000000927.jpg
1000000930.jpg

1000000925.jpg

So I was just a little curious about my watering. I've never used the self watering aspect of the pot, until today. I fill the little reservoir about half and it drank it in about a minute or two, hopefully I didn't just drown it but I don't know if that means it wants water or what? Pot is quite light right now, top 3 inches or so feel dry, where I can stick my finger. The rest of the pot is matted with roots so I can't really find a great spot to get in.

how large are the pots ? you're kinda on your own with a self watering pot. if they are too small you wind up root bound with all kinds of trouble.

3 gallon is generally a minimum and is popular with autos that start flower earlier, 5 gallon is fairly standard for everything else including photos.

how large are the pots ? you're kinda on your own with a self watering pot. if they are too small you wind up root bound with all kinds of trouble.

3 gallon is generally a minimum and is popular with autos that start flower earlier, 5 gallon is fairly standard for everything else including photos.
Yeah they are photos, it's only probably a gallon pot. I have a 15 gallon smart pot with pro mix ready for it whenever, maybe for the next watering I'll transplant it

Yeah they are photos, it's only probably a gallon pot. I have a 15 gallon smart pot with pro mix ready for it whenever, maybe for the next watering I'll transplant it

it's ready if you are seeing roots out the bottom. 15 gallon is big lol.

so the bottom watering thing definitely relates to our SIP and SWICK club threads. Typically you want to add 40% extra aeration to your soil mix for bottom watering applications…both sip & swick are methods of wicking water

BRB with links…

SIPS journal <<< whoops my bad lemme add space cuz there are 2 separate links here >>> SWICK journal

both are long threads but really cool techniques for self watering without pumps or complex systems

but as always Bluter is spot on- you can’t stay in that small container for duration without problems!

so the bottom watering thing definitely relates to our SIP and SWICK club threads. Typically you want to add 40% extra aeration to your soil mix for bottom watering applications…both sip & swick are methods of wicking water

BRB with links…

SIPS journal <<< whoops my bad lemme add space cuz there are 2 separate links here >>> SWICK journal

both are long threads but really cool techniques for self watering without pumps or complex systems

but as always Bluter is spot on- you can’t stay in that small container for duration without problems!
Definitely been wanting to look into those. Having a hard time learning about other methods when I can't nail what I got now though haha. Thanks for coming in to help!

Back
Top Bottom