Need help with electric set up for 10x12 room

Rider1

Ok I'm new at this so any advise is appreciated. Gonna start small with a 400watt for veg and 600watt for flower I will need a small a/c 5k btu, 6 in exhaust fan and a few oscillating fans, maybe a de-humidifier. I wud like to have enough power to upgrade later. My problem is I will have to run some wire about 75 to 80 feet to tie in to a panel. What size wire do I need to run that far and what size breaker? Ty for help.

Does anyone have any ideas. I'm thinking maybe #8 or #10 wire with a 30 amp. I have a double pole 40 amp in the box already can I use that one or shud I drop to a 30 amp for safety?????

I'm not an electrician, but I know you really don't want to exceed 80% of a circuit capacity. So, for a 30 amp circuit you would not want to draw more then 24 amps. Maybe someone with more electrical background will chime in.

the general is right about 80% capacity. to find amps divide watts by voltage like you have a 400w and 600w lights that's a 1000 watts so 1000/120=8.33 amps so you should have enough for exhaust fan left on a 20 amp circuit not sure if you have enough for dehumidifier too. the AC that's most likely will take you over 20 amps on 1 circuit so 30 amps sounds right but do your math to make sure. I hate to tell you this but if you plan on using standard plugs on a 30 amp circuit thats a no-no. the standard plug in the wall of your home are only rated at 15-20 amps you may need 2 circuits if you using any plugs. oh wire sizes size14awg-15amps, 12 awg - 20 amps 10awg-30amps,8awg-55amps

Back
Top Bottom