Need help with first time grow

illinoisguy21

Okay all so here's my situation. I want to harvest roughly 2 pounds each harvest. I'm wanting to use king plus led lights. Most likely 2. I wanted to use 1 tent. Not sure what size I should use. I want to grow in fox farm soil and use their nutrient trio. Does anyone here have experience with king plus led lights? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could obtain my 2 pound goal without buy those expensive leds? Which strain would I benefit most from, any other things I should add to my plant to help with thc content and bud quality?

...... Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could obtain my 2 pound goal without buy those expensive leds? Which strain would I benefit most from, any other things I should add to my plant to help with thc content and bud quality?

1000w HPS & DWC will get you to that goal with four plants. Every 100 days or so if growing autos. Research you seeds before purchase, there are many high yielding, high thc strains out there.

Well here's my concern with hps, 1000w hps with running a ballast and the fans would rise my electric bill and throw up a red flag, it's not legal where I live, and this will be my first time actually growing seriously. I have the time for labor, and I heard dwc would be a pain in my ass for a first time grow

I started into dwc with very little knowledge. You're a step ahead of that, you're here. :) Take a look at your electric bill. It should tell you your rate. Typical in my area would be $0.10/kwhr That works out to roughly $1.60/day to run the light. It might be cheaper than you think.

I can't help with soil grows as I kill everything I put into dirt. :) And I don't have any experience with the king lights either. How often are you wanting to harvest this 2 lbs? Wanting to grow autos or photo plants?

To run my light it's 12 cents but if I run 1 1000w hps, with ballast and then with my fans going that would be roughly 1200 watts which in illinois will red flag anyone's electric bill. I was thinking of using autos but the research I've done says they don't get as much yeild as from seed, I was trying to harvest roughly around 3 to 5 months

I've been doing some reading about dwc, my fear is something going wrong with my plants since most people say it happens fast. I don't have a whole lot of money for a set up but I do have a tad bit lol. I'm new and just trying to find what will work best for me and my goal

With ur dwc what all nutrients do u use? If I was to chose dwc as my way to grow what all supplies would I need besides the tent, a light and the dwc system setup

Okay, so could u give me a list of everything I would need to start a dwc setup?? And not forget anything lol

Oh wow. I'll try.

Nutrients
Measuring devices....cups, droppers
PPM/tds meter, pH test pen, calibration solutions for both. (I don't use a pH pen and my tds meter hasn't been off in two yrs)
pH up & down....unless you run a pH buffered nutrient brand
Hydroguard or similar to prevent root rot
Air pump, air lines, and dwc bucket. <~~~these can be sourced as a kit. Look at my journal in my signature and you'll see the brand name on the buckets that I'm using. Or you can make your own bucket, check my blog entries for instructions, use a 5 gal bucket instead of a 27gal tote.
A netpot for the top of the bucket, I prefer a 6 inch size.
Enough hydroton to fill the netpot.

I think that's about it. I'm sure other dwc growers will chime in if I missed anything. :)

Oh wow. I'll try.

Nutrients
Measuring devices....cups, droppers
PPM/tds meter, pH test pen, calibration solutions for both. (I don't use a pH pen and my tds meter hasn't been off in two yrs)
pH up & down....unless you run a pH buffered nutrient brand
Hydroguard or similar to prevent root rot
Air pump, air lines, and dwc bucket. <~~~these can be sourced as a kit. Look at my journal in my signature and you'll see the brand name on the buckets that I'm using. Or you can make your own bucket, check my blog entries for instructions, use a 5 gal bucket instead of a 27gal tote.
A netpot for the top of the bucket, I prefer a 6 inch size.
Enough hydroton to fill the netpot.

I think that's about it. I'm sure other dwc growers will chime in if I missed anything. :)
Dont forget airstones, and make sure your buckets are black and res temp doesn't go above 75 to 80 degrees and i think he had almost everything else. Problems with dwc do happen fast but also easier to fix since you are having roots directly in solution. I only run dwc i have 3 top feed and 2 airstones bucckets and one Tupperware Multiple site one. I will put 3 plants on that and add a second airstones, air is your best friend in dwc people get caught up in the nutes which are important but within reason i never go above 1/2 bottle recommend ever!!:and get monsters. Air is the difference bc your roots will be huge. I have had 30lb root balls soaking in solution before from 3 plants in Tupperware multiple site.

Sent from my SM-J320P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Okay so let's say I choose dwc as my way to grow. How much could I get from each plant? I'm not to fimilar with lst and topping. I have another thread on here asking about it,

Single plant yield will depend on strain and light etc. But....I've gotten a single auto plant harvest of 13oz. I'd guess my average around 5 oz per plant. Right now I have two DP AutoUltimates in bloom that I had to supercrop to keep down to 52inches each. Around day 70 I think. Photos are in my journal.

It all depends, it's a wide range on genetics strains, environment, lights, nutes, and method of growing, I suggest doing some reading on Google just google different training methods cannabis and read. Knowledge is power and you'll get ALOT. Oh yes and if your using Co2 see so many variables to determine that

420-magazine-mobile1026864228.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1231294181.jpg

This plant AC/DC has a king plus 1000 led above it.
When looking at led lights you want 30 to 50 true watts(from the wall) per sq ft of canopy. My king plus 1000 pills about 210 watts. Nice thing is there is very little heat from it.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom