need help with r.h. please?

bp683

I have a 3 x3 grow space and can not keep r.h. above 35-40% I run small heater and humidifier can keep heat at 75 but humidity will not stay up I am in early veg stage can anyone please help

You can mist your plants more during veg, should keep the plant less dry. A heater and humidifier at the same time does kinda suck. Ideally you would want an RH of 50-60% so you aren't in rough shape or anything, just keep it as high as you can

something I used to do when cabinet growing was put a kitty litter box with water in it on the floor with a fan in front of it on low .I also would spray the walls with water.what type of lighting do u have.any bare bulbs even cfls will kill humidity.the cheapest fix I can think of is another thing to plug in it being humidifier,u could get one that heats the water and turns it into steam,which may also help u heat.but beware of dirty humidifier they can grow some crazy bacteria if not properly cleaned.if u could give us a little more info as to what your grow consist of I am sure we can find a remedy

I have experimented with hanging wet towels, and setting several full 5 gal buckets of water in my tent. Neither did anything appreciable to raise my RH. I bought a 2gal ultrasonic humidifier for about $45US. I fill it every other day when on high and it keeps my tent 4x8x8 ~52% max. One of my best buys so far as my photo plants seem to demand the higher RH.

humidity problems , far too low . hopefully now im on top of it , wrecked my last brain cell trying to come up with something lol

right i got sponges soaked them and set them around plants , problem was soil was drying them out too quick
i then got my cats food tins yes they only eat dog food lol, put the sponges into the tins and fill them with hot water . got up to about 34 with that
put a tin on my oil heater
i then got clear clean bin liners and hung them from the walls to make it like a dome , l misted walls and got a good result

P1060287.JPG
P10602881.JPG
P1060290.JPG
P1060292.JPG
P1060294.JPG
P1060289.JPG
P1060290.JPG
P1060288.JPG

P1060292.JPG

P1060291.JPG
P1060293.JPG

good idead with the sponges it offered more surface area to evaporate.and putting it on your heater was even better ,warm air has the ability to hold more moisture.

I have experimented with hanging wet towels, and setting several full 5 gal buckets of water in my tent. Neither did anything appreciable to raise my RH. I bought a 2gal ultrasonic humidifier for about $45US. I fill it every other day when on high and it keeps my tent 4x8x8 ~52% max. One of my best buys so far as my photo plants seem to demand the higher RH.

Just keep a bucket/container of water in the grow area. As it evaporates the humidity in the room will rise.

I agree with rifleman. Buckets of water or wet hanging towels does almost nothing to raise the RH of a grow room. I bought a $30 portable humidifier that just uses a water bottle and it raised my humidity 20%. I only turn it on when needed. You can kinda see it in the corner of this pic.
IMG_064322.JPG

If you are going to leave standing water out in the open of your tent, you better make sure no bugs are going to come around. A big open water source in a warm tent like that can make for a nice breeding ground for bugs

the towel and bucket works if there is a fan behind it,leave it in the water to wick up,works for me in a pinch

or spend the 40 bones and buy a cool mist humidifier,my preference

In my 4x4 I was running two humidifiers during veg to get it right and not deal with wet rags, open water, or other methods which might work but aren't the best/ideal solution.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom