Need help with supplies

doobieashtray

ok so im going to get some stuff for my new project, its bag seed. and i was just wonering what kind of good soil and feeding i can get today. im getting it at wal - mart. so i just thought id ask people on this forum for advice, ive looked around on here alot, but alot of this stuff dont make since, im a NOOB, sorry. but i know i got the touch. remember im going to be going to wal - mart to get the supplys and if yall would be kind enough to put down some list of stuff that will be useful.. name of good soil, feedings, etc. etc.. thanks

Re: need help with supplys

I would call walmart and ask if they carry Fox Farm soil or nutes. It they don't just try to find an organic soil and add perlite to the mix. Miracle Grow organic is not actually 100% organic and should be avoided at all cost. ;-) As far as nutes go I know people have used the MG line of nutes; however, if you could find a hydro shop nearby to get better nutes I would.

ok i called wal - mart but didnt have any luck, they didnt even know what i was talking about, but i went to lowes and they had "organic coco soil" and i was just wondering if that would work, like what do i look for, un-fertilized or what? im a noob. still in the learning.

^ Lol! There are a few lucky people here who have Fox Farm supplies at Walmart! I'm so jealous! Anyways, that organic coco soil will probably work great. Just make sure you check the label carefully. Organic does not always mean 100% organic. ;-)

get one bag each topsoil compost pearlite
mix in equal parts to get a basic grow mix media
you can do partiaL MIXES BY USING A measuring cupand
using doing 2-3 cups each mixed in a tote container or box

basic mix your own organics and less nasty nutes

blood meal [N] bone meal P, K fish emulsion [N,P,K]

kelp extracts nutes and trace minerals

ferts i see in most big chain stores alaska mor bloom

itsa fish emulsion there are both regular and bloom types

bone mealand blood meal can be mixed into your soilmix
i use about 1 table spoon per 5 gallon buckets worth of dirt

the dirt mix first mentioned will get you through the first month woithout any need for extra nutes adding bone ,blood and kelp
meal will give you most of the basic nutes into flowering though you won't get maximized growth this is a basic organic
mix and is close to what i used to mix in big batches when i worked in agreenhouse..... once you have this together you would have time to mail order fox farm or other reccomended nutes as word of mouth on this site would talk up

i have used sea rich -kelp+ fox farm and alaska mor bloom
my self and liked the results

i hope this helps your new dirt won't really need extra nutes
for at least use through 1 grow cycle but you won't maximize your growth the more you reuse your dirt after that the more you will need to play around with adding stuff...

bottom line minimun top soil compost pearlite
base extras blood meal ,bone meal , kelp, fish emulsion

who took the weed from the doobie ash tray, why'd the do me that way....

love the name dude! +points

Not a soil pro myself... but you's be amazed at the "hydro" equipment they have in that place if you have imagination....

are you going to be indoors or out?

who took the weed from the doobie ash tray, why'd the do me that way....

love the name dude! +points

Not a soil pro myself... but you's be amazed at the "hydro" equipment they have in that place if you have imagination....

are you going to be indoors or out?

im going to be doing indoors

^ Lol! There are a few lucky people here who have Fox Farm supplies at Walmart! I'm so jealous! Anyways, that organic coco soil will probably work great. Just make sure you check the label carefully. Organic does not always mean 100% organic. ;-)
I hear you !! I got to drive 60 miles to buy fox farms. But i'm not gonna pay 30 or 40 dollars to ship a bag of dirt !! So i guess i'll go get it when i'm ready. I used miracle grow last yr., but just to grow till i put them outside. Seemed to work ok, All that shit, so some thieves could take them when they were immature, 3 weeks before they would have been ready. August 29th. 08, i'll remember that date. They got 6 nice plants. I always wonder why they did'nt let them grow longer. They probably got a 1/4 lb. or less of bud, but i would have got 2 lbs. at least, as they were healthy. We only got a 3.5 month growing season, but it's plenty. I'm hopeing they can't find funds to fly thier helicopters this yr. !!

have you gone to the store yet?
if not try black gold, organic or not; they have both at alot of home improvement stores. It needs some perlite in it, get as much as you want, but at least a small bag for each big bag of soil. They also sell fine dolomite, about a cup per cubic of soil you buy; often times they will have 10 pound bags that have been punctured and you can get it really cheap, and its clean. Look or ask for it. The soil will be good enough for about a month without adding anything else.

have you ever had a vegetable garden? no -- get a gardening for dummies or beginners book it will cut way down on those i sure sound stupid ?s that you will be laughing about later on we all were new to growing weed once even the folks who did veggie gardens or worked for florists or green houses andf didn't realize what they already knew.....

if its labeled organic it will work better and taste better in the final product than chemicals but organic is hot topic so prices are more than they used to be

read up on advice to new gardeners on mj friendly and regular gardening sites then look around the garden shops but don't spend much ie buy some seeds and ask lots of questions and show me's the local shops usually have folks that actually garden and use stuff they sell working there doing i want to start a veggie garden but i'm new and don't have much until i get my taxes spiel should get you lots of friendly help they want you to come back with that tax check wad and spend it with them
do that at a couple places and the things they all agree on that will be most of the basics you need you want to tell them you want to start your own tomatoes in the house from seed this will get your the proper stealth help for indoor grow the kid and dog proof closet is a great camo...

Back
Top Bottom