Need Help with week old seedling - auto strain

Sirsmokezalot

Hello everyone I currently have two seedlings one random and the other amnesia autoflower.
I was having heat issues but kinda been working around that I have a small cfl closet setup
Both plants the amnesia being one week and the random 2... They both around the same time at week
One are too small comparing them to other one week old plants..
The bottom leaves of the random died maybe burned out so I was left with just two leaves sticking out

Both plants now about 1inch..

The amnesia is looking alitle better tomorrow being one week old it still too small next to others
Both in soil 50/50 perlite..I just fed the random general hydroponic I think .. Bio- grow is one of the nutes.... today with a ph of 5.0-5.5 and the amnesia plain water.I'll post pics later today

Any help is very welcomed

Re: Need HELP with week old seedling..auto strain

howsit my man??!

well, if you can you need to provide a little more info, maybe pics of your grow space and plants too. are you going to go hydro with one and soil with the other?? what system of growing(hydroponic/soil etc) are you going to eventually use? the amnesia might just be a slower starter or a slower growing plant compared to the others- COULD be why its cruising along taking its time(good things take time ;-P ) personally i think your mix of 50/50 soil/perlite is WAY out of balance if you are going to go with soil- i myself use a 4:1 ratio(or 3:1 depending on pot size) of soil to perlite... so you may want to look at correcting your soil mix to around a MAX of 25%perlite to 75%soil.
5 ph is about the lowest you wanna go with your ph too, infact its probably too low.. 5.5 is an acceptable bottom end limit- any lower and you risk nutrient lock out as you would if your ph was too high- 6.5-7+ and if that happens your plant wont be able to take up any nutrients and suffer deficiencies.
if you are/were having heat issues, simply open the door of the closet more often and/or lift the light slightly higher(how far is your light from the tips of your seedlings??) if you can, leave your door ajar for longer periods throughout the day.. ive done plenty of closet grows in the past with the bare essentials and a few of them required me to leave the door ajar as i had no intake or extraction points other than the door.. so i stapled a black sheet above my door allowing me to leave it slightly open with a fan next to the opening and you couldnt really pick up on any light due to the sheet hanging over the door as a light guard.
i hope this helps a little!! and i wish you all the best with your current ladies!! some pics of their progress would be awesome :D

regards :Namaste::peace:

Top left if the exhaust fan constantly exhausting air
PLANT250.jpg

PLANT325.jpg

Random seed about 2 maybe 2 n then sum days old
PLANT420.jpg

Both fans push air in although te red pc fan is quite week
PLANT514.jpg

This is the Original Amnesia Auto-Flower
PLANT146.jpg

Lets hope this is enough
:thanks::cheer::thanks::cheer:

I forgot that my soil isnt 50/50 but just soil and perlite is wat i meant to say the mixture is about 3:1 ratio
First week lights on 24/0.. Now 18/6 for autoflower ?? Temps stay at 84-90..

Heat has been somewhat of an issue since its in my closet and the
Setup is around 2x2x4... They're I'd a large opening at top ad u can see in
The pictures above the picece of wood with the two intake fans.
Temps right now are about 82-84...Should I add an additional fan somewhere
Around ?.. And does anyone think I should feed nutes to my amnesia it's 1 week old today ?

Should I also add more light or leave as is since I do have heat problems ?
I currently have 3/6500k..nd 2/2700k bulbs 5 total

Thanx fir all your help everyone that has been helping and answering my questions
As I go I am new to growing Thanx again..

Heat has been somewhat of an issue since its in my closet and the
Setup is around 2x2x4... They're I'd a large opening at top ad u can see in
The pictures above the picece of wood with the two intake fans.
Temps right now are about 82-84...Should I add an additional fan somewhere
Around ?.. And does anyone think I should feed nutes to my amnesia it's 1 week old today ?

Should I also add more light or leave as is since I do have heat problems ?
I currently have 3/6500k..nd 2/2700k bulbs 5 total

Thanx fir all your help everyone that has been helping and answering my questions
As I go I am new to growing Thanx again..

Good questions and they seem to be newbie issues like mine! From what I have researched I would say that its to early for nutes. Wait at least another week maybe a bit longer. Search the threads. I am subed now so ill keep reading!

Thanks for stopping by SPRING.. Yea new B here just trying to learn the ropes ..I'm using premium potting soil (blue bag) which I researched and contains
No nutrients or additives are in this soil . This is why I'm alitle skeptical about it which is why I ask about nutes .

Plants are still standing short but are developing more leaves .. So they are starting to look like grown small plants
Which throws me off because I seen other plants at 1 or 2 weeks and are much taller with more inter nodes .

Must be the temps . I'm still kind of stuck with this problem and hope to resolve since I want to make this a good grow .

Will post pics when I have time

Any help,support,advice is more than welcomed and very much needed

Thanx and happy growing hope to continue to get support Thanx again spring I'll be stopping by your journal to show ganja love

..peace..

Had the same looking Auto's 2 of them . MAN what a waste of time they became, after around the 3rd week I threw them in the trash.
By what I could see on mine which was just looking like urs is they were bad strains or defected if u would like to say. Next they will start to show some small fan leafs but they will look deformed. Its like having a retarded child . :-/
Id say just try to do normal fem strains , Autos are not worth the time for the amount of yield they give out . And the sometimes bad seeds. At least majority of normal strains will just not grow if they r not healthy , autos dont give a damn and they keep trying too grow.

But of course each case is different.

Had the same looking Auto's 2 of them . MAN what a waste of time they became, after around the 3rd week I threw them in the trash.
By what I could see on mine which was just looking like urs is they were bad strains or defected if u would like to say. Next they will start to show some small fan leafs but they will look deformed. Its like having a retarded child . :-/
Id say just try to do normal fem strains , Autos are not worth the time for the amount of yield they give out . And the sometimes bad seeds. At least majority of normal strains will just not grow if they r not healthy , autos dont give a damn and they keep trying too grow.

But of course each case is different.

Check out some of the Auto Journals on this site. Some have been very successful. Autos are kinda of black and white. You either love em or hate em. I have researched autos for some time now and I am currently growing 4 separate strains. Still early but I have faith. My situation calls for them. That said I have also thought about normal fems and just going 12/12 from seed.

Thanks for stopping by SPRING.. Yea new B here just trying to learn the ropes ..I'm using premium potting soil (blue bag) which I researched and contains
No nutrients or additives are in this soil . This is why I'm alitle skeptical about it which is why I ask about nutes .

Plants are still standing short but are developing more leaves .. So they are starting to look like grown small plants
Which throws me off because I seen other plants at 1 or 2 weeks and are much taller with more inter nodes .

Must be the temps . I'm still kind of stuck with this problem and hope to resolve since I want to make this a good grow .

Will post pics when I have time

Any help,support,advice is more than welcomed and very much needed

Thanx and happy growing hope to continue to get support Thanx again spring I'll be stopping by your journal to show ganja love

..peace..

Temps can be an issue!! I am wrestling a bit with that myself. at this point I open my closet doors about 4 inches. This took the temps from 90 to 83. Fan placement has also worked. I simple placed a small 6" fan at the bottom of the closet within the opening and another directly above it at the top pushing out hot air. Now i also have a normal ceiling fan in the room that I run at high. My house A/C runs at 75 every day all day. Stays Hot where I am year round. I hope this gives you some ideas!

Good questions and they seem to be newbie issues like mine! From what I have researched I would say that its to early for nutes. Wait at least another week maybe a bit longer. Search the threads. I am subed now so ill keep reading!

Here is a general pic of what I was talking about with regard to temps. I know that some folks say 83 is to high but from my vast research on the site I think its withing specs.

Hard to see the bottom fan but its at the entrance pointing up.
photo264.JPG

Check out some of the Auto Journals on this site. Some have been very successful. Autos are kinda of black and white. You either love em or hate em. I have researched autos for some time now and I am currently growing 4 separate strains. Still early but I have faith. My situation calls for them. That said I have also thought about normal fems and just going 12/12 from seed.

Yes after this same thing happened to me I went online searching for other people that were growing autos and some people had great grows and others didnt . I have 2 plants right now on 12 12 from the first few weeks and they r doing great, of course they wont grow that big or give out that much yield but u can do 12/12 from start to finish . Honestly if u are not planning on yielding that much 12/12 from the start will be perfect for u. And you will only have to grow for around 8-9 weeks instead of the normal 12+ weeks from start to finish. But of course the people that do it the normal way will be getting double the amount than you. :)

Here is a general pic of what I was talking about with regard to temps. I know that some folks say 83 is to high but from my vast research on the site I think its withing specs.

I had my grow tent at 83-88 for the first 3 weeks as the weather here was hot and I didnt have AC so i had to deal with it . They didnt show any problems as in terms of growing . just got some algae build up on the top of the surface as it was too humid. Also what i did to keep my temps down is I got a cool tube for my light and put a little fan directly blowing inside the cool tube and now I get stable temps of around 74-78. So if anything just let ur fan hit the light so it can cool it off .

Yes after this same thing happened to me I went online searching for other people that were growing autos and some people had great grows and others didnt . I have 2 plants right now on 12 12 from the first few weeks and they r doing great, of course they wont grow that big or give out that much yield but u can do 12/12 from start to finish . Honestly if u are not planning on yielding that much 12/12 from the start will be perfect for u. And you will only have to grow for around 8-9 weeks instead of the normal 12+ weeks from start to finish. But of course the people that do it the normal way will be getting double the amount than you. :)

I am considering going with normal's but 12/12 next grow. Depends how this goes.

I like that setup u got there SPRING ... I made a few arrangements to my setup.
My plants are looking good developing more inner leaves not that big though
They are both short like they been but other than being short I don't see any
Other problems that may be of big risk..

I have more autos .. 3Auto white widow..1auto cheese..2blue himalaya diesel..
And I also have regular feminized seeds..1O.G Kush from Reserva Privada..1 bubba 76
and several more 10 total all feminized seeds .

I ordered a 6in inline fan from eBay hoping that will alleviate my problems for
The time being..

I had my grow tent at 83-88 for the first 3 weeks as the weather here was hot and I didnt have AC so i had to deal with it . They didnt show any problems as in terms of growing . just got some algae build up on the top of the surface as it was too humid. Also what i did to keep my temps down is I got a cool tube for my light and put a little fan directly blowing inside the cool tube and now I get stable temps of around 74-78. So if anything just let ur fan hit the light so it can cool it off .

I have one small fan identical to the red one SPRING is using and is
At the bottom of my setup facing up but it seems that it doesn't do much
And also a 8-10 in fan facing one direction and I alternate it depending
On the temps in the closet but the seem to be staying at 82-86

I like that setup u got there SPRING ... I made a few arrangements to my setup.
My plants are looking good developing more inner leaves not that big though
They are both short like they been but other than being short I don't see any
Other problems that may be of big risk..

I have more autos .. 3Auto white widow..1auto cheese..2blue himalaya diesel..
And I also have regular feminized seeds..1O.G Kush from Reserva Privada..1 bubba 76
and several more 10 total all feminized seeds .

I ordered a 6in inline fan from eBay hoping that will alleviate my problems for
The time being..

The inline fan should cure the temp issues. Autos!!!

I agree with spring2012, the inline will solve your heat problem. Place it as high as possible in the grow area because hot air rises to the top. And have your intake really low, maybe drawing air from another room? a colder room? while this might sound weird, it's exactly what I did. My apartment AC has 3 vents in the living room, and 1 in the bedroom. That makes my living room always at least 3-4 degrees colder than my bedroom. So I just hooked up the intake to a flexible 2 ft. duct (my tent is close to my bedroom door), and it just draws air from the bottom of my living room. Just a thought :).. keep going with your journal, can't wait to see how this turns out :grinjoint:
Also, be sure to differentiate between ambient temps and radiant temps, know where to place your thermometer. It has to be in the shade to give accurate readings. Cheers :)!

I have one small fan identical to the red one SPRING is using and is
At the bottom of my setup facing up but it seems that it doesn't do much
And also a 8-10 in fan facing one direction and I alternate it depending
On the temps in the closet but the seem to be staying at 82-86

Check out the last few pages of my journal. There are some good ideas and great advice about temps from great people. Maybe ask one to stop by your journal to have a look see, They are all god folks that are willing to help. I finally got my Ambient temp around 80. That said I have placed another 4" fan blowing across the lights above the plants so not too directly effect the seedlings. Our set ups are a bit different but same theory. ISmokes has some good advice as well!

Back
Top Bottom