Need Help with week old seedling - auto strain

Smokezalot ( hope its cool to call you that sounds like an American Indian name! ) To recieve more help you may want to satrta Journal with a new name. The name will peak interest and have key words that will pop up in searches. I started a help me thread and that worked for a couple of weeks. As soon as I did the journal and added its link to my signature I was the better for it. When you get all set up then be sure to come back to this thread and let others know. Even though your link will pop up. Go to the black Grow room tab and click on Grow Journals. The first thread is how to set up a journal. Be sure to set it up under journals in progress. let me know If I can help.

I agree with spring2012, the inline will solve your heat problem. Place it as high as possible in the grow area because hot air rises to the top. And have your intake really low, maybe drawing air from another room? a colder room? while this might sound weird, it's exactly what I did. My apartment AC has 3 vents in the living room, and 1 in the bedroom. That makes my living room always at least 3-4 degrees colder than my bedroom. So I just hooked up the intake to a flexible 2 ft. duct (my tent is close to my bedroom door), and it just draws air from the bottom of my living room. Just a thought :).. keep going with your journal, can't wait to see how this turns out :grinjoint:
Also, be sure to differentiate between ambient temps and radiant temps, know where to place your thermometer. It has to be in the shade to give accurate readings. Cheers :)!

Thanx for stopping by iSmokes...I just got my 6 inch inline fan from eBay
I should be installing it later today I think I will put it at top to exhaust the hot air since I already
Have two small fans pushing air in and a 10inch fan blowing air straight towards the lights..

Also my little amnesia has one of the leaves bending upwards ? Could that be the heat problem?
This is just currently happening as of yesterday ?

Thanx for the help iSmokes

Smokezalot ( hope its cool to call you that sounds like an American Indian name! ) To recieve more help you may want to satrta Journal with a new name. The name will peak interest and have key words that will pop up in searches. I started a help me thread and that worked for a couple of weeks. As soon as I did the journal and added its link to my signature I was the better for it. When you get all set up then be sure to come back to this thread and let others know. Even though your link will pop up. Go to the black Grow room tab and click on Grow Journals. The first thread is how to set up a journal. Be sure to set it up under journals in progress. let me know If I can help.

Thanx for the help SPRING I will be looking in To starting one ..
Also my plants rite now are about as half I height as yours but with two more leaves at top?
Will they begin to grow anytime soon ? The amnesia will be 2 weeks tomorrow

If they're just pointing up trying to face the light, then yeh that's very normal, the plant adjusts fluid pressures on the inside to have the leaves' maximum surface area facing the light (yes plants move! lol).. However, if you notice the edges of the leaves literally bending upward, then the plant is trying to cool off and YES that's heat stress. Pictures of your plants will help a lot! Remember I'm a noob with no experience, my words are only theoretical. I know a lot about plants (I have a biology degree), but that's all in theory. Experienced growers will definitely know A LOT more than me. I'm at 12 days with my 2 oldest girls, and I can actually smell them now lol!! not the "stink", but the regular cannabis smell is starting to take over the tent :laughtwo:
Best of luck sirsmokesalot, and like spring said, go through journals as much as you can + make your own. This website is just filled with people eager to help, cheers!
PS: keep the pictures coming, that's a good way to attract people lol

ebay fan 6inch
5pl.jpg

my set up right amnesia..left regular seed
4pl.jpg

regular seed looking deformed
3pl.jpg

Amnesia
2pl.jpg

side view amnesia
1pl.jpg

I thought you were getting a centrifugal inline fan. This one is called an inline booster fan, it will help, but not as much as a centrifugal fan would.
Since you already have air movement around, the booster should go to work a little bit and help with temps. As for the plants, I really can't see much from the small pictures, any chance you can get a close up : ) ? Also, for 2 weeks old, your plants should be significantly bigger. There's something they obviously don't like. My CFLs are barely 2" away from my plants and they're 65W's. I suggest you move your CFLs closer to the leaves once you work around your heat issues. Best of luck on everything, and keep us posted! Let us know how your temps are after you install the new ventilation setup.

Yeah this fan I got pushes a significant amount of air
I hope it will help even if it's just alitle bit.
I'll see Wut I can do about resizing the pics and I kno my baby's r small
For two weeks I kno it must be the heat they keep on busting out several leaves
At a time but they're not responding fast and what not..

The amnesias one leave that is pointing upwards is just straight but the tip is not curving
From the tip like u said iSmokez... So if it's not heat like u said I hope it's normal
Since it is only one leave that's doing that...

I barely started feeding it 1/4 strength nutes from general organics ..and I top it with alitle bit of Nestlé water
Phd at around 5.1/2 -- 6.0..

Thanx for showing growers love iSmokez

Peace out broh I'll keep updating

Also I added an extra piece of wood to the top so it's about 3 1/2 ft tall ... Should I cut a hole at the top
And put the fan I just got as an exhaust since heat rises like u said or put it by the side ??

Thanx again

You can put your fan wherever is more convenient for your setup. Through the top or through the side, just make sure it's close to the top. After you resolve your heat issue, I think you should lower the CFLs, your babies will love it, and these lights produce almost no heat from top of their spiral tube (they get somewhat hot on the base where the ballast is).
About the nutes part, don't feed so soon man. What type of soil are you using? Most of them will have more than enough nutrients for your plants to go through week 4. I know for a fact that FFOF (one of the more popular potting mixes) holds enough nutes until week 5. You don't want to overfeed your babies, they really hate that. And whenever you notice signs of nute burn, you're gona have to flush your soil, which in my opinion really disrupts the natural balance that exists in your soil (its amazing buffer capacity). Remember, that's the reason most growers choose soil to begin with. So I'd recommend you hold off the feeding for now and let your soil do its thing for a good 4 weeks.
Happy growing :grinjoint:

Thanx for the help SPRING I will be looking in To starting one ..
Also my plants rite now are about as half I height as yours but with two more leaves at top?
Will they begin to grow anytime soon ? The amnesia will be 2 weeks tomorrow

From what I have researched Much depends on the strain given that the basic needs of the plant are available. That said I have also researched growth and Autos seem to take off at 2 weeks give or take a few days. Of course the experience growth during the flower stage as well.

Some folks say that autos have know true Veg period. That is all flower. Interesting how many auto growers still start with higher K bulbs whether CFL, tube , etc....

Another interesting fact I have read from reputable growers here on our site is that Autos do benefit from some dark time. I know that fly's in the face of Auto theory. An auto should be able to handle 24 of light from cradle to grave. Some folks go with 24/0, 20/4, and 18/6. I have not seen many folks going 12/12 with autos. I may be mistaken but check out some of DonPaul's journals. He had an experience by accident with a long dark period and experienced significant growth with an auto grow. I was convinced enough that on day two of my babies I switched to 18/6. I really do not think it can hurt. Probably give a little temp relief for those that cannot get it dialed in! Like me!.

I am a newbie at best but I research heavy. Poke around on the search section under the Black Forum tab. Let me know If I can help in any way!

I feel good about ISmokes advice as well.If your useing FFOF then nutes are too early. I picked up a FF feeding schedule yesterday at the Grow shop. Though it recommends nutes earlier experienced growers suggest at least two weeks before adding nutes. Maybe longer.

As for your leaves twisting and or turning... Sounds like heat or possibly wind burn? not sure about that last one. My babies have been acting a bit funny with leaf design as well. I will post a few pics on your thread. Tell me if your's look similar. I want to believe that its normal.

I have some sad news for everyone that was helping me out through out this small journey...
Yesterday I got home from work and both plants had taken their last chance at life ... They were shriveled up
Burt by the heat .

So I learned some great things about everyone here Thanx for helping out
I will start some more plants hopefully I a couple weeks after I buy a tent
Then I will start a journal..

Thanx to everyone again for sticking around..

oww, i'm sorry about your plants man.. it's good thing your planning to get a tent, i bought a cheap one from a famous retail website and i love it.. give yourself some slack in height to have room for lights and proper ventilation and still not worry about LST or keeping your plants super small. Let me know when you start a new journal, I can't wait to see your new setup. My CFL fixture cost me about $15 for the 6 bulb and $5 for the 2 bulb. Check them out, I just screwed sockets onto a piece of wood and connected them. Then hang them on chains (50 cents each lol) with S shaped hooks ($1.52). Home Depot is heaven for DIY stuff. Prioritize your spending, if heat is your biggest issue, then exhaust should be your main concern etc...

Damn man! I am so sorry you went through this. I am going back to read your entire journal and see if any advice may help you. I am still here for ya man. Any question during your new set up you can post on my journal. That way some good folks will see your post's fast. Take what you learned!

And its been about 3 weeks , any progress as id be curious to know as by the 3rd week . my Autos were still lil runts not even 2-3 inches tall while my other normal girls were at a foot+ by the 3rd week.

Back
Top Bottom