Need help with young clone

avadoll

420 Member
Hi everyone starting my first out door grow am growing a Mandarin Cookies clone in foxfarms dirt and it is now about 9 weeks old. I overwatered it the first time I tended to it and it immediately drooped the next day. I dried it out for a few days and it sprung back up; fixed the watering cycle. I live in Southern California and the weather seems to be perfect for it. However, the bottom leaves are turning a weird almost black color and I can’t seem to figure out what is wrong. I haven’t given it any nutrients yet for I’m waiting for it to get healthier. Any suggestions?

3B21BD31-3380-4A8F-8A8B-4AD4E63617A7.jpeg

D7B923B1-C07F-44D4-8A4E-C37027D1B083.jpeg

Isn't it a little early for putting plants outdoors???

I've ran Mandarin Cookies it will change color.

Since you're at about 13hrs of daylight right now she's probably going to start flowering and its WAY too soon for that.

You need supplemental lighting until mid July or you're gonna have issues.

The soil you are using is also likely running out of steam. ITs hard to over water plants that size.

I haven’t given it any nutrients yet for I’m waiting for it to get healthier. Any suggestions?
I suggest giving it some nutrients now- it won't get healthier without 'em.

Welcome to 420, avadoll:welcome:

Colors happen when the plant matures. Since its a clone its the same age as its donor plant. So there's that and you add in shortened daylight and you're gonna start flowering soon.

My experience with that strain is she turns color in flower.

I'd put the plant in a larger container and add supplemental lighting.

Back
Top Bottom