I need help cloning

so the extra water in the rock wool won't hurt it? i thought you didn't want the rock wool soaked with water. i had one sprout out lil roots already but the other 2 haven't done anything yet. i did them all at the same time too.

they have been in the dome 9 days untouched, till today i had to see if anything was going on don't want to waste my time if its not gonna work.

so far 2 of them have baby roots. i don't think the other 1 is gonna root cause I've been trying to root that one forever, i had it in my ezclone for a month and then i gave it a fresh cut and put it in rock wool and it still hasn't rooted. but I'm gonna let it go till all the leaves are dead.

in a dome without heat pad, mine take 10-21 to show roots.
i use plugs and floating seed tray.
after i started scraping bottom inch of stem , i have 100% rate.
b4 that i was lucky to get 50%

well at least you got a couple of them to root just keep trying as time goes on youll find out what works for you best and you can stick with it

all of a sudden the leaves on my clones are starting to wilt what do i need to do to fix this problem. i cut a few more leaves off hoping that it will help.

20140116_153807.jpg

when you first take it out of the dome it may wilt stick it back in and try again later
until it doesn't wilt

oh
maybe they need to be out of the dome then but close to the light
maybe not enough air for them in there those are the rooted ones yes?
the rockwool isn't saturated is it?
if its rooted id let it dry out almost completely before I wet it again

some guys clone like that I haven't tried
its already rooted into the rockwool you cant take it off
don't let it dry out completely tho almost completely but not completely
I had one of my plugs dry out completely on a seedling it was hurting when I discovered I forgot to wet it that morning lol
I wet it and it recovered lol
but don't wanna make it dry out that much
and only let it dry out if its rooted if theres no roots yet you still need to keep it moist

so its not sticking out of the rockwool yet? if not keep it in the dome itll eventually perk up
and keep the rockwool moist if so but not saturated

cloning is def a skill. an essential skill for producing alot of plants forever.i chose a mother plant last year and took a 100 cuttings off it then flowered it revegged it took more clones and flowered then eventually let the mother plant die.the only reason i let it go was because of the pot size about 30 gallons.i will prob always keep at least one of these doctor plants around to clone off of.i keep the dome on until i see roots,if i even see one root poking out the bottom into soil she goes under hids.for me the longer it is left in the propagator the longer it takes to bounce back!

What I did to clone my plant was cheap and simple!
I took a razor blade and I cutted one of the lowest "secondary branches" (I dont know if you understand me? the branches that grow after-upper yout first branches) but in 45°. After that with the same razor blade I "peel" around 1 cm (1/2 of inch) in the lower part, the part you after will put in earth. In a little tiny pot you put earth and and you put the clone with HONEY. Honey works as a natural rooter! Then, be sure to put enough water so the earth gets wet but not en excess!

20140118_115550.jpg

Back
Top Bottom