Using ezclone

yep I use plain tap water
also use my fiskars to cut and make a second cut under water
also once I see roots starting to form I put it some very light veg nutes but I don't have sprayers to clog mind you
another thing that may help is take a cutting from a plant you have in 12/12 for about a week week and a half kinda just before it shows sex
or just when it does some people say those root faster something about the nutes involved for flowering
ive done from plants put into 12/12 for a week or so and ive done it off vegging mother plant
also my bubble cloner is dyi and I made it small so I only take 4 cutting at a time
worse rate ive had is 75% or one not rooting
sometimes I just leave it and they eventually root as long as it isn't dying I leave it
more times than not 4 out of 4 make it

wel i think i might of found my problem josh. you said to make sure one of the nubs was under the puck well i didn't have that i just had the stem under the puck and thats it. so i recut it put the node under the puck. hopefully that is all that i was doing wrong.

as for the strain i don't know. i got a plant from a friend of a friend i just grew that plant out and it gave me a few seeds so i decided to plant one of the seeds to try my luck.

I didn't know about the nubs my first go around and still had great success and that was with using a heavy Sativa pheno type of A Train. If memory serves me, my second run, done the same as the first with 0% success. Since then I've always made sure to have at least one node getting sprayed. Seems to really make a difference.

Just be patient though. A lot of times I see nothing for a week. Then, all of the sudden, they sprout roots and explode. Hang in there.

Ugg. Yeah, the slime is a bugger. You can add some Hydrogen Peroxide to the water.

I battled the slime in the summer months. Our POS house just gets too hot. I finally bought some Ez Clone Rez Clear. I also bought a brand new cloning machine. Seemed to help until I did the last batch. Not cleaning the machine between uses was most likely the problem.

Our house doesn't have a dishwasher. I have permission to "borrow" a neighbor's. I'm going to run all the components minus the pucks in the sanitary cycle. I'm also going to stop reusing pucks. Been getting some weird mold on the tops of the neoprene that starts in the slit. HO seems to keep it at bay, but it'll come back and causes stem rot.

Cronichemphog has me thinking about his bubble cloner. Maybe he'll be kind enough to share it's design. I may just have to build one, but it'd have to be larger than a four site.

ive rooted without nub under just straight stem
but I did notice if there is a nub it roots there

i just have bad luck with cloning and i follow instructions. i do it all under water do the scrape no scrape 45 cut straight cut. I've tried everything. hopefully with the nub under the puck it works this time. if not I'm really giving up and just buying clones.

I think that's my issue no nubbin for the lovin. I need to just try cloning without the rapid rooters next time. Just a puck. And I had people helping me make my clones so I'll have to better instruct them how where and why of cloning lol. I think mine maybe finally starting to root the leaves are starting to perk up a bit and they don't look as sad as they were. I was thinking about it though when I transplanted the blue venom I cut theese clones from it took a while for it to look like it was going to survive. I thought for sure it was a goner. So maybe it's just a hard to clone strain and I suck at cloning lol. Hopefully I get home soon to take pictures of them.

well i changed the water but before i did i wiped the whole thing down with bleach. hopefully it'll work soon but from the looks of it it doesn't look to be working. i think i just need to give up and stop wasting money on this cloning thing. i could of bought a lot of clones with the money i wasted trying to clone.

Back
Top Bottom