Using ezclone

joedaddy805

I'm about to try my luck with my ezclone and i wondering about the cycles it should run and do i have to put a rooting hormone or just scrape and then drop them in. cause i just have rooting powder and i would think that it would just wash off once i turn it on. I'm just gonna try it with 2 and throw in some from my chili plant and see how that goes.

I don't remember what you can add to the res but theres something you can add to it to help rooting
some kinda hormone
I just use a bubble cloner
normally I dip it in clonex but this last run I didn't have any so I just put it in ill see by next week sometime how well it goes
but your right itll just wash off but itll wash into the res so the rooting hormones will be in the water that's splashing on the stems

I use a different brand machine. Still, same principle.

In my experience and the strains I run, Clonex Rooting Gel is the best agent to use. I've been playing around using, in addition to the gel, Clonex Solution in the reservoir. My 2 cents...save your money and just dip the clones in the gel.

Keeping your reservoir clean and temperatures in check seem to be the absolute most important aspect.

If things are going right, strain aside, you should start to see roots within one week.

Welcome to the community and best of luck to you and your future endeavors.

:420:

I usually see on most
7-10 days
theres been 1 or 2 that took a bit longer like a day or 2 more

Yeah, that sounds about right. Keep in mind that there's a difference in what one grower describes as a rooted clone.
This is the absolute minimum that I strive for. Think this was ten days in the cloner.

Picture_2403.jpg

so do u have to use the the gel cause i used powder i know it rinsed off right away but i thought i would add a lil powder to the water in hopes to help it out some. i guess we shall see if it works or not. but my luck it won't work. ill most likely buying some gel in a week or 2. i also heard honey works so i did one with some molasses but that washed off also so i thought if that washed off wouldn't the gel wash off also

The directions for my machine say not to use any kind of rooting hormones. I think you will be fine with the powder.

The picture of the clone above is of a Delicious Seeds Northern Light Blue. It's a heavy Indica strain. It grows and roots really fast. I've had 1" of root development in 24 hours time. Now the Holy Grail Kush I'm working with now is a different story. She's waaaaay slower and I don't get the best survival rate.

i just checked the ph on the water and it was a lil high so i lowered it. hopefully that helps i forgot all about the ph levels see if i see a difference in a few days.
if it don't work I'm gonna sell this thing and give up on cloning
i also changing the time to 1/2 hr on 1/2 hr off there website it makes bigger roots doing it that way.

20131210_155510_zpsvwa6sup8.png

once the nubs start showing the roots will come out quik
my last cuttings I haven't used any clonex cause I didn't have any
today is day 9 and only now starting to show sign of roots
clonex does help a lot the gel
so three of them as of today shows signs of rooting done without any rooting hormone takes a lot longer
I threw out the 4th one that didn't show me anything cause I wanna clone a couple gdp's and a chemdawg
cut the chemdawg today cleaned the res which I do every 2 days for the bubble cloner I made which is only for 4 cuttings in a 2 gallon bucket
but went to the hydro shop today picked up some clonex rooting gel
also bought a bottle of hormex rooting solution and added a bit of that to the res
and clonex on the cutting well see how well and fast it moves now

don't use a timer at all for my cloner. I will once summer rolls around. Out of around...getting close to 200 successful clones, I've always ran the timer 24-7. I also didn't PH the first time and had 100% success if I remember correctly.

Are you keeping the water the right temperature range? 76 F is what I shoot for. A little bit warmer will produce roots faster but you run the risk of slime and rot. I bought a small aquarium heater for winter use?

Another thing that seems to help me is to change the water on Day 3, Day 7, and Day 12.

I wish you the best luck.

you may not see anything at 4 days
sometimes I don't see anything till day 7 then it starts to move
give it some time
I just did one without any rooting hormone today is day 9 and is just starting to show signs of rooting
3 out of 4
since I wanna make some other clones off other strains I dumped the 4th and took a chemdawg cutting but today I bought some clonex gel and hormex rooting solution
added the hormex to the res and clonex on the chemdawg cutting
also I change the res every 2 days

Yeah, that sounds about right. Keep in mind that there's a difference in what one grower describes as a rooted clone.
This is the absolute minimum that I strive for. Think this was ten days in the cloner.

Picture_2403.jpg
Wow I'm almost on week 3 of my clones, blue venom is the strain. I used rapid rooters and hydroton. I didn't quite have my aero cloner setup yet. Next time I'll run just the plant in the neoprene and hope for better luck. Right now watering 15 min every 6 hours and Sunday this week will be three weeks and they are just now showing signs of surviving. First time I've clones FYI. And i know it's not going well but they are hanging in there at 3 weeks lol. My watering schedule was 15 min every three hours and they showed signs of over water cause of the rapid rooter cut it back and now seem to do better.

ez cloner is a aero cloner right?
I think you can just leave the thing on put an airstone in the bottom of the res to keep the water oxygenated
my bubble cloner keeps them wet constantly airstone makes o2 in the water and also splashes the stem and keeps them wet
some guys here just stick it in a cup of water

i have a small heater in it that keeps it around the mid 70's. i just think I'm not meant to clone I've tried every way and for some reason i just have no luck.

There's many schools of thought. Don't give up. Keep trying. You'll get it. Heck, try putting one in a glass of water. A person needs clones.

My machine's instructions said not to scrap or split the ends. I did it once and had 0% success rate. The last batch I used a pair of brand new small shears to take the clones instead of a razor blade. 6 out of 36 made it. I usually get 35-36 out of 36 batch.

I was reading another post today where everyone said not to PH the water. My machine's instructions say so but I seem to have better rates when I don't.

When you take a clone, you want to have at least one node (where you trimmed off a leaf) under the puck. That's where the first roots will form. Make sure your mother plant is in good shape and not stressed. This time of year, depending where you live, the tap water can be pretty cold. Make sure your're not shocking the mother. Also make sure she's not thirsty.

Fill your reservoir up until it's just under the spray bars. Make sure the bars are center inside and no sprayers are clogged.

I'm curious to know what strains we're talking about. Some Sativas are nearly impossible to clone.

Keep at it though. You'll get it. I have faith in you. You are also a member of the best forum on the web. I'm not the only one that has your back.

:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom