Need help!

PennJ

420 Member
I'm in week 4 of flower (second week of actual flower). This morning, I found a few pollen sacks at the bottom of my plant. Is this grow over with? Has she Hermed?

20210519_092205.jpg

20210519_092201.jpg

20210519_092142.jpg

20210519_092115.jpg

Is this grow over with?

Seeds can tank the value if you are growing commercially (or if you have lots of plants and worry about them getting pollinated), growing your own it's just "old school" pick out the seeds so your bowl don't explode on you. Affects your yield slightly but doesn't affect potency near as much as some folks make it out to be. But a "to each their own" as personally I'd rather pick out seeds and have some decent smoke than tossing a whole plant just because it hermied and having nothing to smoke for your time/money put into the plant.

Seeds can tank the value if you are growing commercially (or if you have lots of plants and worry about them getting pollinated), growing your own it's just "old school" pick out the seeds so your bowl don't explode on you. Affects your yield slightly but doesn't affect potency near as much as some folks make it out to be. But a "to each their own" as personally I'd rather pick out seeds and have some decent smoke than tossing a whole plant just because it hermied and having nothing to smoke for your time/money put into the plant.
Great point. This is my first grow too ‍♂️. Broke my heart when I saw her this morning lol. But, like you said, I'd rather pick a few seeds out than not have smoke at all. Thanks for the input! I greatly appreciate it.

Great point. This is my first grow too ‍♂️. Broke my heart when I saw her this morning lol. But, like you said, I'd rather pick a few seeds out than not have smoke at all. Thanks for the input! I greatly appreciate it.

Make sure you don't have some serious light leaks or some of the other things that can make them hermie far as controlled variables go. Sometimes it's just genetics and some Strains more prone to it than others so in that case it can only be changed by buying better genetics. True hermies like this one are more rare as usually they throw out nanners (look like little bananas) instead of actual pollen sacks, so more than likely it's genetics but just make sure you don't have light leaks and stuff that can cause it also.

Make sure you don't have some serious light leaks or some of the other things that can make them hermie far as controlled variables go. Sometimes it's just genetics and some Strains more prone to it than others so in that case it can only be changed by buying better genetics. True hermies like this one are more rare as usually they throw out nanners (look like little bananas) instead of actual pollen sacks, so more than likely it's genetics but just make sure you don't have light leaks and stuff that can cause it also.
Thanks for your reply! I will circle back and check for light leaks. I did see some nanners while combing through the rest of the plant this morning.

Back
Top Bottom