Need input and help on set up

During the great CA gold rush, it was the dudes selling mining equipment that got rich, not the poor souls that rushed in to mine it.

Take a step back, and figure out what you’re doing brother. If you have to ask random people online, maybe you don’t have a business plan at the moment. I’ve done commercial growing and what you’ve discribed is a mess. Not to mention incredibly inefficient.

Before attempting any of this, make sure you have real licensed people with reputations to lose come advise you and preform any initial services, not stoner techs. Then you’ll need someone you can trust on standby when shit goes bad, and it does. Can you repair that a/c until that just busted in mid flower? Can you trust the dude that you exposed your operation to? Can you handle your setup blowing out the transformer in your area, it happen to me! Are you ready to get your spot up to spec and then deal with the unknown? Do you have a trustworthy lawyer? Are you prepared for a raid? I live in a legal state but shit still happens and cops don’t give a fug about ruining your day.

Old salt has some outstanding advice. Learn the basics, and then decide how much risk you’re willing to take and what your actual goals are. At the end of the day, where does the road take you.

During the great CA gold rush, it was the dudes selling mining equipment that got rich, not the poor souls that rushed in to mine it.

Take a step back, and figure out what you’re doing brother. If you have to ask random people online, maybe you don’t have a business plan at the moment. I’ve done commercial growing and what you’ve discribed is a mess. Not to mention incredibly inefficient.

Before attempting any of this, make sure you have real licensed people with reputations to lose come advise you and preform any initial services, not stoner techs. Then you’ll need someone you can trust on standby when shit goes bad, and it does. Can you repair that a/c until that just busted in mid flower? Can you trust the dude that you exposed your operation to? Can you handle your setup blowing out the transformer in your area, it happen to me! Are you ready to get your spot up to spec and then deal with the unknown? Do you have a trustworthy lawyer? Are you prepared for a raid? I live in a legal state but shit still happens and cops don’t give a fug about ruining your day.

Old salt has some outstanding advice. Learn the basics, and then decide how much risk you’re willing to take and what your actual goals are. At the end of the day, where does the road take you.
yeah i had it all planned out until we found out we don't have enough power. But this is all if's right now, I still have to talk to the company tomorrow and hopefully it won't take too long for them to add more power, so i can stick with the original plan. and yes I have lawyers that specialize in this so I have them on call. Now for the electrician, he did my uncles place, and has a legit business. But you're right, shit can go bad, thanks for bringing all this into my attention. i appreciate the realness. and you're right about the cops, I have my lawyers to make sure I do everything the right way so the cops can't do anything but then again like you said they don't care, because i have heard stories of them giving people problems. And about the AC, I originally had planned 2 5 ton ac units, but not enough juice to power them and everything else needed in the garden, so hopefully the company can give me more juice asap. Im going to experiment with a handful of plants and move up to like 20 or so plants instead of all 48 while the bigger building gets built. thanks again brother

If my rant seems bitter its because I am. I just don’t want to see folks deal with some of the things I had to—especially a father/son duo. My lawyer, and proper paperwork ended up saving my ass. But there was lots in between. Learning what you can accomplish with what you got may surprise you, then you can go from there and improve things as needed. I really think you’d be pleasantly surprised seeing what you can do on a small scale. From there, you’d know instead of wonder. I 100% believe mom and pops can do well in this industry, but safety/realism has to come first.

If my rant seems bitter its because I am. I just don’t want to see folks deal with some of the things I had to—especially a father/son duo. My lawyer, and proper paperwork ended up saving my ass. But there was lots in between. Learning what you can accomplish with what you got may surprise you, then you can go from there and improve things as needed. I really think you’d be pleasantly surprised seeing what you can do on a small scale. From there, you’d know instead of wonder. I 100% believe mom and pops can do well in this industry, but safety/realism has to come first.
hey if being bitter means helping me out then be as bitter as you want! :thumb:
I appreciate the honesty to be honest and thank you for that! I most likely will be posting on here as time goes by so hopefully you'll be able to see my progressions. i agree realism and safety comest first which is why I've done countless hours of research, talking to people, etc. but a few others have said to start out smaller scale including you, so ill take that advice and hopefully be ready for more plants when the building is done. thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom