Need some help - First time indoor grow

I got some Canna coco coir bricks coming along with the coco a&b nutes and some calimagic. When I hydrate and expand these bricks do I need to put the calmag into the water when I hydrate? Gonna mix about 75-25 petite into the mix too. Is that sounding about right? If the girls don't look any better by the time the coco comes I think I might chance a transplant.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I don't know about the bricks but I just put my germinated seeds in the coco an about 1 1/2-2 weeks later I start neuts at 1/4 dose an calimag full dose. I then slowly up my nutes, Iam at 1/2,dose 3 times a day ATM. Anymore I get nure burn, very mild but enough I dropped it back down to 1/2 dose nutes I still go full dose calimag however

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So a good flush and 36 hours later the girls are looking happy. Pulled some of the really yellowing leaves off.
420-magazine-mobile574060694.jpg
420-magazine-mobile417381051.jpg
420-magazine-mobile481985663.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2014455082.jpg

It is a very therapeutic hobby. I'll sit for an hour or two every night and just "watch them grow" Very soothing.

So here is an update. Girls about a week ago. Ones going into flower. She's short but the trouble I was having probably stunted her growth so not a big plant but looking healthy.
420-magazine-mobile924665446.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1946381512.jpg
420-magazine-mobile780829807.jpg
420-magazine-mobile299702428.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1825530149.jpg

Looking beautiful! Looks like you figured out your issue! Crazy how much they grow in 2 weeks!
Yeah they are pretty girls. I can't help to winder what they would have looked like had I not messed up the first couple weeks. They're about 16-18" tall. I'm already gearing up for my second grow. Thank you.

No worries about the past... Just use that knowledge to keep making the next grow better and better! I'm only on my first grow & I've already learned how to make the next one even better! You got this!

i know im late here, but i read through and thought for sure that plant was a goner after that first flush, honestly i felt bad for you, but i kept reading and saw your plants are looking beautiful, thank god man! my heart honestly sank for you when i saw that poor thing. good luck with the rest of your grow man, shes looking good!
Thank you. They are pretty girls. Now that I've pulled them out of their near death experience I'm kicking myself for letting it go on for so long. They are about 16-18" tall now. Think they would have made it to the 24-30" I was wanting to hit, but I'm happy they are still alive

This my first indoor grow. Did an outdoor grow last year but there is so much difference between indoor and outdoor as well as between photo and auto. Huge learning curve but I've spent hours reading and asking. I do have a question for anybody using LED lights. I'm getting moisture on the lens cover of my grow lights with rh at between 60-75%. Anybody else have this issue and does it hurt the amount of light or the fixture itself?

No worries about the past... Just use that knowledge to keep making the next grow better and better! I'm only on my first grow & I've already learned how to make the next one even better! You got this!
This my first indoor grow. Did an outdoor grow last year but there is so much difference between indoor and outdoor as well as between photo and auto. Huge learning curve but I've spent hours reading and asking. I do have a question for anybody using LED lights. I'm getting moisture on the lens cover of my grow lights with rh at between 60-75%. Anybody else have this issue and does it hurt the amount of light or the fixture itself?

I don't have that problem as my humidity stays around 40-50% but i definitely wouldn't want any moisture on my LED, if it's getting on the outside of the light i would assume it could get inside through the cooling slits and that would be bad all the way around

I don't have that problem as my humidity stays around 40-50% but i definitely wouldn't want any moisture on my LED, if it's getting on the outside of the light i would assume it could get inside through the cooling slits and that would be bad all the way around
My thoughts also. They seem to be functioning fine but the little bit of fog on the inside of the lens is concerning.

My thoughts also. They seem to be functioning fine but the little bit of fog on the inside of the lens is concerning.

Hi killerb, and welcome to the forum. :welcome:
May I ask what you are using for ventilation?

Hi killerb, and welcome to the forum. :welcome:
May I ask what you are using for ventilation?
It's a whole 10'x12' room 9' ceilings. The only real ventilation is the 3/4" crack under the door and a box fan blowing across the canopy towards the door. Soon it will be warm enough to open a window during the day though.

It's a whole 10'x12' room 9' ceilings. The only real ventilation is the 3/4" crack under the door and a box fan blowing across the canopy towards the door. Soon it will be warm enough to open a window during the day though.

If you can't figure out a way to vent the room, have you considered a dehumidifier?

Actually in the beginning my rh was 28% so I bought a humidifier to get the rh up. Now I've got it maintained at about 50-60%.

Is your LED moisture free now? Fingers crossed for you! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom