Need some help please, first time DWC

BuzzIightyear

Hi all !
It’s my first time growing in DWC and I’m facing a problem I can’t resolve..

Nutes:
General Hydro
Ratio for week 1-2:
Micro 1
Grow 1
Bloom 1
Cal-Mag 4

PPM at 600, too high ?
water temp 68
light 320w QB Light 24 inches above
PH 5.8 - 5.9

I have 3 plants and they all react differently, but two of them seem “droppy” since they were transferred in the hydro buckets. Any idea what this could be ?

Thanks all any help is very much appreciated :Namaste:

Attachments

• 924B2E26-7310-4DC3-B653-87773014C04E.jpeg
    924B2E26-7310-4DC3-B653-87773014C04E.jpeg
    683.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 21DFF995-4563-4811-97E6-CA2459160922.jpeg
    21DFF995-4563-4811-97E6-CA2459160922.jpeg
    636.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 129E0EF3-A85A-431F-9BCC-15127489B9B1.jpeg
    129E0EF3-A85A-431F-9BCC-15127489B9B1.jpeg
    767.2 KB · Views: 132
Hi all !
It’s my first time growing in DWC and I’m facing a problem I can’t resolve..

Nutes:
General Hydro
Ratio for week 1-2:
Micro 1
Grow 1
Bloom 1
Cal-Mag 4

PPM at 600, too high ?
water temp 68
light 320w QB Light 24 inches above

I have 3 plants and they all react differently, but two of them seem “droppy” since they were transferred in the hydro buckets. Any idea what this could be ?

Thanks all any help is very much appreciated :Namaste:
I'm not familiar with DWC but the first thing people are going to want to know is what is your PH.

What's the water level in the buckets? I'm not a hydro guy but it should be an inch or two below the net pot I believe. Lots of bubbles? How were the roots when you put them in? May need to be top watered for a couple days until the roots get longer.. More info needed .. Perhaps @Chris Scorpio can help?

What's the water level in the buckets? I'm not a hydro guy but it should be an inch or two below the net pot I believe. Lots of bubbles? How were the roots when you put them in? May need to be top watered for a couple days until the roots get longer.. More info needed .. Perhaps @Chris Scorpio can help?

Thanks for the reply !! Water level is an inch under the net pot and roots are already 10-12 inches long so they reach easily. All white with no root rot...

Ya

Where is the water at in reference to the bottom of the net pot

Good bubbles?

Roots nice and white??

How often you changing your water??

Thanks for the reply Chris, water is an inch under the net pot, good bubbles with a 4 inch circular stone, roots seem very happy and growing fast, white and 10-12 inches already !! I did a first water change two days ago hoping it would fix my problem, but no positive results.. water was changed after 8 first days in the buckets.

Thanks again for the help guys !!

Pictures of the plants this morning, sadly not getting any better, I dropped the ppm to 450, Ph 5.8

Attachments

• 42EFAEDE-0E94-4AF4-AB44-9C3171FDAFC6.jpeg
    42EFAEDE-0E94-4AF4-AB44-9C3171FDAFC6.jpeg
    757.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 52F23354-4213-4673-99CD-EDF7E04A2DF5.jpeg
    52F23354-4213-4673-99CD-EDF7E04A2DF5.jpeg
    618.5 KB · Views: 132
Roots look brown

What % of nute strength ya using

Any enzymes cleaner like hydroguard or z7

What order are u mixing the nutes

I'd also drop the water to 3" below the net e, u may be drowning them

Roots look brown

What % of nute strength ya using

Any enzymes cleaner like hydroguard or z7

What order are u mixing the nutes

I'd also drop the water to 3" below the net e, u may be drowning them

I dont know the % but i’m at 450 ppm total,

I started using Armor Si since a week at 1/4 strenght.

I mix in this order:
PH, ArmorSi, Cal mag, micro, grow, bloom, PH again if necessary (5.8)
I’ll try to drop water level, thanks for the tip :) should I use hydroguard ? I’ll go read on it. Could the brown roots be caused by the nutrients color ?

Thanks for your help Chris !

Ppm means nothing if yer just dumping in nutes

How much of each are u using
U must have a schedule you use

Gotta get an enzyme cleaner in DWC...it's a must

IMO, your PPM is way too high for this stage of growth. You should be at around 200 to start these babies out.

Those look like 5 gallon buckets. I use the same size, and typically fill them with 4 gallons of water. When I was using the Hydro series, I'd start the plant off with 1ml of each nutrient per bucket, for a ratio of 1/4 nute per gallon of water. Start them off slowly and increase gradually as they grow.

(And Hydroguard works great for me!)

Definitely need some type of control in the res.

If you want a biological approach, hydroguard is the answer.

If you want the res sterile, Z7 is a good option.

Hydroguard seeds "good" bacteria to out compete the "bad" bacteria. End result, healthy, happy roots.

Z7 kills all bacteria, and keeps your res/equipment clean as well.

If you ever plan to use any H2O2, go with a sterile res as the H2O2 will kill counteract the hydroguard and waste your money. As you're having issues now, H2O2 would be a good start for immediate action. Once under control, you can pick your long-term strategy. Neither is right or wrong, it's just personal preference on whether you want a bio or sterile res.

Ppm means nothing if yer just dumping in nutes

How much of each are u using
U must have a schedule you use

Gotta get an enzyme cleaner in DWC...it's a must

For now i’m at 1/1/1 for grow micro and bloom (15ml each) so 1ml per Gal. Perhaps that’s too high for their size..

thanks for the advise i’ll defenitly add an enzyme cleaner !

IMO, your PPM is way too high for this stage of growth. You should be at around 200 to start these babies out.

Those look like 5 gallon buckets. I use the same size, and typically fill them with 4 gallons of water. When I was using the Hydro series, I'd start the plant off with 1ml of each nutrient per bucket, for a ratio of 1/4 nute per gallon of water. Start them off slowly and increase gradually as they grow.

(And Hydroguard works great for me!)

Thanks man i’ll drop the PPM and follow your advise ! Would you happen to have the feed chart you used with flora series ?

How much hydroguard do you add and how often ?

thanks for your help !!!

Definitely need some type of control in the res.

If you want a biological approach, hydroguard is the answer.

If you want the res sterile, Z7 is a good option.

Hydroguard seeds "good" bacteria to out compete the "bad" bacteria. End result, healthy, happy roots.

Z7 kills all bacteria, and keeps your res/equipment clean as well.

If you ever plan to use any H2O2, go with a sterile res as the H2O2 will kill counteract the hydroguard and waste your money. As you're having issues now, H2O2 would be a good start for immediate action. Once under control, you can pick your long-term strategy. Neither is right or wrong, it's just personal preference on whether you want a bio or sterile res.

Thanks that was very clearly explained, I appreciate ! If I go with a sterile approach I’ll have to stop using beneficial bacterias such as voodoo juice right?

Thanks that was very clearly explained, I appreciate ! If I go with a sterile approach I’ll have to stop using beneficial bacterias such as voodoo juice right?

Yes you would. A sterile approach is just that. Sterile. It doesn't distinguish between good and bad bacteria. It acts like Metallica and decides to Kill 'Em All. :D :D

Yes you would. A sterile approach is just that. Sterile. It doesn't distinguish between good and bad bacteria. It acts like Metallica and decides to Kill 'Em All. :D :D

hahaha thanks man !!

Buzz, I hope one of these schedules will help you.

Thanks man !! It’s hard to make up my mind on what to use because every chart is so different.. with the « expert recirculating » chart it states that I should use 400-600 ppm for seedlings and 1000-1200 ppm on week 1, that seems excessive doesn't it ?

Attachments

• DF9025EF-E437-467F-AF46-1F2951DEAF5B.jpeg
    DF9025EF-E437-467F-AF46-1F2951DEAF5B.jpeg
    457.1 KB · Views: 117
Here's a chart directly from the gen hydro site. It's for non drain to waste systems (aka RDWC, DWC, etc.)

Take what that chart recommends, and start at 1/4 to 1/2 dose. Watch your plants and see if they want more or less.

Regardless of which nutrient supplier, always start at 1/4 to 1/2 strength of their recommended amount.

Here's a chart directly from the gen hydro site. It's for non drain to waste systems (aka RDWC, DWC, etc.)

Take what that chart recommends, and start at 1/4 to 1/2 dose. Watch your plants and see if they want more or less.

Regardless of which nutrient supplier, always start at 1/4 to 1/2 strength of their recommended amount.

Thanks man i’ll try that

Thanks all for the help i’ll update soon with how they are doing !

Back
Top Bottom