Need some help please! Stem looks brownish

420RizLa

Hey fellow ganja smokers, i have a hollands hope seedling only one week into veg. It fell over 2 days ago due to the light being too close to it so i changed the bulb and supported it with a toothpick and shes looking better, however i noticed the bottom of the stem is brown and looks kind of thin :/ dno whats going on could it be from when it fell over it put strain on it? Cuz it didnt have it when i first saw it was fallen over. Will it still be able to pull water through? Kinda worried, anyone experience this before? any help is very welcome. Thanks in advance :D Heres some pics
image8280.jpg
sorry for the shitty pic quality

I would burry the stem close to the first set of leaves, if your soil is wet ,let it dry out and if it is still alive give it some plain water. Looks like stem rot called (damping off). Sorry it may not recover.

Symptoms of Damping-off:
Seeds may be infected as soon as moisture penetrates the seed coat or a bit later as the radicle begins to extend, all of which rot immediately under the soil surface (pre-emergence damping-off). This condition results in a poor, uneven stand of seedlings, often confused with low seed viability. Cotyledons may break the soil surface only to whither and die or healthy looking seedlings may suddenly fall over (post-emergence damping-off). Infection results in lesions at or below the soil line. The seedling will discolor or wilt suddenly, or simply collapse and die. Weak seedlings are especially susceptible to attack by one or more fungi when growing conditions are only slightly unfavorable. Damping-off is easily confused with plant injury caused by insect feeding, excessive fertilization, high levels of soluble salts, excessive heat or cold, excessive or insufficient soil moisture, or chemical toxicity in air or soil.

Above ground symptoms of root rot include stunting, low vigor, or wilting on a warm day. Foliage of such plants may yellow and fall prematurely starting with the oldest leaves. The roots of a diseased plant will have some shade of brown or black and evidence of water-soaking. Healthy roots are fibrous appearing and are usually white or tan in color. These symptoms are easily confused with severe mite, aphid, scale infestations, or root-feeding by nematodes or insect larvae. Environmental factors such as accumulated salts in the soil, insufficient light or nitrogen, potbound roots, cold drafts, etc. can be eliminated only by examination of the roots.

thanks for the replies but she didnt make it, she was recovering and started standing yesterday and today when i checked back on her she was fallen over again, i think it was from overwatering not from nutes as i didnt feed her yet (as CO finest said). Robert63 found your article very useful and mine resembled some of the symptoms of stem rot such as stunted growth and discolored cotelydons. Ah well thanks for your guys replies again and looks like ill be starting again with a little more experience this time haha

Back
Top Bottom