Need tips and advice!

Stitch91

Hi everyone I am growing a single marijuana plant from a seed and it's about a foot tall. I was just wondering how and when it should flower..? I just pinched the top so it will grow into two stocks. Its been in the vegetation stage since a little before 5-31-15. Is this too long of a time period?

No it's not too long of a time period. Perhaps it would be best if you looked in here- How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know and read up a bit on how cannabis grows. There's a lot of great info on the other side of this link . Perhaps the sections on Vegetative growth, and Sexing and Blooming will have the answers you need and save me some typing. Basically, cannabis in nature flowers in the fall season based on a reduced number of daylight hours (less than 14). Flowering indoors, most growers set their lights to be on for 12 hours a day, and off for 12 as a 'night'.

The great exception to this is - Autoflowering cannabis.
In recent times strains have been developed that do not flower based on the light cycle. They flower automatically when they get old enough - roughly a month old.

If your plant is a regular 'photo' plant and starts receiving less than 14 hours of daylight (per 24 hour period) it will probably start flowering.
If it is an 'auto' it should start flowering very soon if it hasn't started already.

Back
Top Bottom