Need Urgent Help and advice please.

Hi,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm sorry I haven't posted in the introductions thread yet but I need some advice and I need it fast.

This is our first time growing and my husband has been covering 2 Jilly Bean plants to light dep them so they will flower. Monday night he was uncovering them and he got bitten in the foot by a rattlesnake and he is in the hospital. I'm 48 years old and I have Fibromyalgia. I have been doing my best to cover and uncover them, but the frame over the plants is quite a bit taller than I am and it's been extremely difficult for me to get them covered. Especially when I'm waiting for a rattlesnake to come out of nowhere any second and bite me. I'm so stressed out that I am now in a painful flare and I can't keep covering them every night.

I'm thinking of going ahead and harvesting them now but I don't want to ruin them. I know they are very close to being ready. So I wanted to show some pictures here and ask if you think they are ready and I could go ahead and harvest them. It's going to be a while before my husband can walk again and I know I can't keep this up. It's killing me. Please tell me if you think it would be okay to harvest these now. Thank you so much.

jilly06.jpg

jilly04.jpg

jilly05.jpg

jilly02.jpg

jilly03.jpg

jilly01.jpg

Sorry to hear of the family misfortune... that does suck!

From what I can see, they are not quite ready yet... I think you could take them but... it looks like they could use a lil more time.

The hairs, and the trichs that I can see are still really white. You want about 50% of trichs and hairs to get kind of amber to get optimal smoke!

Keep posting here and try to get the best close up pics you can... does your camera have a close up setting? I forget what it's called... that would help us out!

You have got to do what you have to do. They look like they could go for longer, but if you are going to suffer more because of it then you should cut them.. The plants are looking beautiful and are covered in goodness, hold off as long as possible then do what you got to do...You will not ruin them, just may not be as strong or to their potential, from the looks of them, you will still enjoy them..... If it is easier to just cover one plant, then maybe pull one now and save the other one for later.... Sorry about the hubby, hopefully he will recover quickly.... :Namaste:

Sorry to hear of the family misfortune... that does suck!

From what I can see, they are not quite ready yet... I think you could take them but... it looks like they could use a lil more time.

The hairs, and the trichs that I can see are still really white. You want about 50% of trichs and hairs to get kind of amber to get optimal smoke!

Keep posting here and try to get the best close up pics you can... does your camera have a close up setting? I forget what it's called... that would help us out!

I'll go out now and try to get a macro shot of one of the buds. Thank you for replying. :)

You have got to do what you have to do. They look like they could go for longer, but if you are going to suffer more because of it then you should cut them.. The plants are looking beautiful and are covered in goodness, hold off as long as possible then do what you got to do...You will not ruin them, just may not be as strong or to their potential, from the looks of them, you will still enjoy them..... If it is easier to just cover one plant, then maybe pull one now and save the other one for later.... Sorry about the hubby, hopefully he will recover quickly.... :Namaste:

Unfortunately they are both growing in the same raised bed so if I have to cover one it would be as difficult as covering both of them. We have some harlequin in another raised bed that he's been covering, but they have a while to go and they aren't as tall and the frame isn't so tall that it's too difficult to get them covered. Still have to go through the rattler heebee jeebies when I'm out there though.

looks like she needs more time. My guess is 3 weeks.

but she will do her job now. She's at 60-70% (guessing:Namaste:)

If you smoke to relieve pain, and caring for this plant is creating more pain, why quibble over %?

Back
Top Bottom