Needing guidance: possible nute lock

damname

Hey all!

Sorry if this has been answered 1000x already. I have been reading up on this subject and im not exactly
sure what im dealing with. Lemme give ya a little background on whats been going on first.

2 weeks ago i put them into flower. Week 1 i fed the same mix 4-3-1. Week 2 i fed 1-3-3 and the leaves from
the bottom of the plant up the middle started twisting and crumbling and turning brown ect. The very tips
of most all the leaves are bright yellow and are now turning brown. I changed the water in the res and changed
the mix to 2-2-2.5 and defoliated all the death. I was using a ph test kit to test the ph and got it as close as i could.
I bought a new PH meter at the local garden center and a new bottle of bloom (possible that i had a bad bottle) and
have been keeping an eye on it.

Although the plants seem to be ok now i am seeing an issue.

Last night readings:
plant 1 - PH 6.0 and PPM 710
plant 2- PH 6.1 and PPM 585

Todays readings:
plant 1 - PH 5.8 and PPM 744
plant 2 - PH 5.8 and PPM 545

Both plants are drinking about 1/2 gal a day or a bit more. I got on the net and started researching it but im not sure...
I came across an article that said this is ok and preferred. Other articles say its noot lockout.

What am i looking at here and how do i go forward?

-Durban Poison sativa, photo
-3 weeks into flowering 12/12 AGE = 2 months
-DWC, 5 gal buckets, clay pebbles, rockwool
-noots are GMB, calimagic, hydroguard 2-2-2.5 currently
-temps 24c air, 75F water (hydroguard), RH 50%
-PH is 5.8 dropping from 6.1
-tent grow, 4x4, air filtered, climate controlled, mars hydro 1000x eqiv led i think
-each plant drinking 1/2 gallon per day, feeding every 2 days

Plant two from the readings sounds good.

Plant one needs the EC/PPM lowered
20201011_161054.jpg

Post some pics as well before doing anything!

Edit- didn't know you were already getting advice on same subject. The chart is handy, but follow the other thread.

Cool. Just a little word of advice. Try not to make multiple threads about the same thing. Makes things messy for the mods. :thumb: Looks like you got some good advice on the other thread.

honestly... i decided to start a new thread because i assume this is a new problem due to my lack of experience.
the other day i was fighting a ph or too much bloom and this thread is about trying to make sense of the ppm/ph
numbers im seeing. if its the same issue i apologize but to me this seems like something new

Hey all!

Sorry if this has been answered 1000x already. I have been reading up on this subject and im not exactly
sure what im dealing with. Lemme give ya a little background on whats been going on first.

2 weeks ago i put them into flower. Week 1 i fed the same mix 4-3-1. Week 2 i fed 1-3-3 and the leaves from
the bottom of the plant up the middle started twisting and crumbling and turning brown ect. The very tips
of most all the leaves are bright yellow and are now turning brown. I changed the water in the res and changed
the mix to 2-2-2.5 and defoliated all the death. I was using a ph test kit to test the ph and got it as close as i could.
I bought a new PH meter at the local garden center and a new bottle of bloom (possible that i had a bad bottle) and
have been keeping an eye on it.

Although the plants seem to be ok now i am seeing an issue.

Last night readings:
plant 1 - PH 6.0 and PPM 710
plant 2- PH 6.1 and PPM 585

Todays readings:
plant 1 - PH 5.8 and PPM 744
plant 2 - PH 5.8 and PPM 545

Both plants are drinking about 1/2 gal a day or a bit more. I got on the net and started researching it but im not sure...
I came across an article that said this is ok and preferred. Other articles say its noot lockout.

What am i looking at here and how do i go forward?

-Durban Poison sativa, photo
-3 weeks into flowering 12/12 AGE = 2 months
-DWC, 5 gal buckets, clay pebbles, rockwool
-noots are GMB, calimagic, hydroguard 2-2-2.5 currently
-temps 24c air, 75F water (hydroguard), RH 50%
-PH is 5.8 dropping from 6.1
-tent grow, 4x4, air filtered, climate controlled, mars hydro 1000x eqiv led i think
-each plant drinking 1/2 gallon per day, feeding every 2 days
The most common issue with hydroponics is calcium magnesium uptake that is your issue either your water is to low on ppm and cal mag or your locking out from to much of something else. But dry crispy leaves in hydro is always a calcium magnesium issue due to the water quality or its ppm of cal mag. Some times it can be hard if not impossible to dial in hydro because your water source is terrible.

im using distilled water and 3ml/gal of calimagic. is that too much?

also. is plant 1 nute locked? if so whats my next move?

im using distilled water and 3ml/gal of calimagic. is that too much?

also. is plant 1 nute locked? if so whats my next move?
The distilled water does not have enough dissolved solids to maintain proper ph tap water with high levels of cal mag is a better option. Most tap water is properly phed and has added cal mag for taste.

I have well water only. its bad water. we cant even drink it. stinks of sulfur, can run brown and sometimes smells like the lake. so i have to buy in distilled water. no other choice.

I have well water only. its bad water. we cant even drink it. stinks of sulfur, can run brown and sometimes smells like the lake. so i have to buy in distilled water. no other choice.
Reverse osmosis with a 4th DI stage. In the same boat here but run in soil.

Cant help with your problems but your plants look ok to me.

With PURE water the ppms are going to be zero so you need to add something to the water that will hold the hydrogen. You pH will fluctuate after you test it and its exposed to air.

i changed the res last night to pure distilled water with nothing else in it. ph adjusted the water to 6.2 each res and the ppm read 30-35.

today the ph is holding steady and the ppm have fallen to around 18 in each bucket. gonna try to give lite nutes this evening.

Back
Top Bottom