Never seen this

Buddskii

Hello All! 👋
In week 8 of flowering and all of a sudden this is happening...
The tips of sugar leaves are bright yellow and curling in as well as fan leaves discoloration. But it's not a normal coloring I have experienced before.
A few tiny sugar leaves looking not very green/healthy.
I opened up a bud and took some closeups with a microscope.
On the tips of the sugar leaves the trichomes are looking imo, nasty.
What exactly am I looking at here? Is this normal?
Hoping this isn't what I think it is 😔
Thanks for any help.
Strain: Northern Lights.
Grown in tent.

20231106_215640.jpg

20231106_210718.jpg

20231107_19_26_46.png

20231107_19_27_04.png

20231107_19_27_16.png

20231107_19_27_32.png

16994040116977118368335134945989.jpg

One thing I see, most of the leaves are dark green and waxy looking, which is a sign of too much N. That would account for the burnt tips and bad sugar leaves. Not saying that’s the only thing, but depending on you nute schedule it’s a possibility. Too much N can also interfere with bud formation and delay maturation .The good thing is, the plant powered through and you’re pretty close to harvest.

What exactly am I looking at here? Is this normal?
Hoping this isn't what I think it is
Sorry to say but it does look like an advanced case of Bud Rot.

...most of the leaves are dark green and waxy looking,...
Noticed that myself and wondered if the camera's contrast setting is wrong. It works great for those close-ups of trichomes but can throw off the colors when the camera is moved out a bit.

yup. le bud rot.
The brown color to some of the small buds and to small clumps of sugar leaves is a bad sign. It is so spread out it might not be possible to cut out the bad and save any good areas.

Sad part is that Bud Rot is not the same as Powdery Mildew. At least with the mildew it is possible to kill it off and an easy clean-up if noticed in time. The rot is different in that it seems to never stops spreading once it starts and nothing kills it.

Sorry to say but it does look like an advanced case of Bud Rot.

Noticed that myself and wondered if the camera's contrast setting is wrong. It works great for those close-ups of trichomes but can throw off the colors when the camera is moved out a bit.

The brown color to some of the small buds and to small clumps of sugar leaves is a bad sign. It is so spread out it might not be possible to cut out the bad and save any good areas.

Sad part is that Bud Rot is not the same as Powdery Mildew. At least with the mildew it is possible to kill it off and an easy clean-up if noticed in time. The rot is different in that it seems to never stops spreading once it starts and nothing kills it.
The brown sugar leaves 🍃 is a dead ☠️ giveaway for bud rot. Sorry 😢 for your losses. CL🍀

Two things you can do to verify if it’s bud rot. Give a pull on the dead sugar leaves, if they pull out easily, then it’s probably rot. The other thing you can do is clip a suspect bud and open it up, if it “puffs” out spores then you know it’s rot. In my experiences there’s a ”wet rot” where the leaves pull out easily, and a dry rot, that puffs. Viewing the pics on a phone, but I’m not totally convinced rot has set in, but with the dead sugar leaves it will soon.

Two things you can do to verify if it’s bud rot. Give a pull on the dead sugar leaves, if they pull out easily, then it’s probably rot. The other thing you can do is clip a suspect bud and open it up, if it “puffs” out spores then you know it’s rot. In my experiences there’s a ”wet rot” where the leaves pull out easily, and a dry rot, that puffs. Viewing the pics on a phone, but I’m not totally convinced rot has set in, but with the dead sugar leaves it will soon.
Would there be a way to salvage any buds that are not infected? Or is it everywhere once it's set in a bud?

Would there be a way to salvage any buds that are not infected? Or is it everywhere once it's set in a bud?

it's probably not dry rot. if you open up the buds and see brown inside, they will be no good.

i lost about 2/3s of my last crop to bud rot. the rest was ok. wound up with a bit over 10 oz, so not bad overall. you have to pull it now. waiting means you'll lose more once it sets in.

i pulled apart all the buds when i took them down, anything showing mold was tossed. if you don't get it all out, it will mold in the jars during cure, and you will lose it all.

full

i lost this off just 2 plants. i had another 3 and all were affected. unfortunately, you'll lose all the best tops.

full

this is what it looks like inside them. you have to be careful and open them up, since the outside will look fine. you don't want it getting into the jars or your smoke.

full

a quick look at it from the outside.

you can halt it temporarily on the outside with a mix of this and water.

full

you will need to act fast. you will have to pull it. this grow is over. once you see it on the outside, it's pretty well all through.

Thanks Bluter!
I will chop it tonight after a very careful inspection and do what is necessary.
This totally sucks. They were flowering beautifully until this happened.
But.... this is part of the grow.
Appreciate the help 😊👍
✌️

Yeah I just chopped as well as I found mould too... fuzzy fudger... leaf also keeled over upwards where I went what is this??? only to find fuzz in the nug.
I'm gonna dry them with all the nugs separated and not touching, and then small portions in bread bags preferably no touch as well for cure as sticking them all in jars is risky only have to miss a small spot and ugh.;

Thanks Bluter!
I will chop it tonight after a very careful inspection and do what is necessary.
This totally sucks. They were flowering beautifully until this happened.
But.... this is part of the grow.
Appreciate the help 😊👍
✌️
Hope you can salvage enough to keep you until the next grow. CL🍀 :goodluck: :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom