New 1000W Setup, Need Advice! {Strwbrry Haze Grow}

GhettyGreen184

O.k. heres the scoop, I just finished my last rubbermaid bin stealth grow with 10 cfl's. I'm ready to step it up however, Seeds from gypsy nirvana

image_14.jpg

They are Strawberry Haze Feminized.
(Info on website)-
**Flowering indoor: Most growers harvest after 10 weeks. A week longer will allow maximum flavor. Yield 500 to 600 gr/sqm.**
THC: 20.4%
CBD: 1.2%
CBN: 0.9%
I wont have to worry about plant height im an effective LST'er, i tie those bitches down.

They should be tasty, but Im debating what equiptment I should use for this grow. Ive been told you can yield up to a Gram Per Watt with the right lighting,(please correct me if im wrong). Now considering im not GOD, and im not going to be perfect imsure Im looking at yielding up to 3/4 of a gram per watt.?? Is this about right

Here is what im interested in purchasing for this grow, I need specifics to know if my air circulation, light temps, water drips, centrifugal fans and organics will work out.

This is my next shopping list so far. PLEASE anyone with experience help me so I can get this list perfected.

(My goal is to grow 8 plants, with a 5-6 week veg period and full flower. I would like to yield close to a LB this grow) TELL ME what i need if i dont have it right already. THANKYOU

First off, price budget **900$**

--Im investing in a Home-Box Small version, its 31.5"x31.5"x63". Thermal protected. (Im planning on growing 8 plants, all soil in growbags).
175 $
1566.jpg

--A green genius auto waterway system, (you fill a resevior and it pumps out, it has 10 output ports.) My question is WILL it pump an organic tea blend? I use all types of things in my water but im getting lazy will this thing still water my babies if i simply fill the tank?
50$
1655.JPG

--LIGHTING- Yield-master 1000 Watt MH/HPS w/ tempered glass hood and external ballast. (My question is will this light be to hot inside of a ventilated quality hood hanging inside the Home Box. , second will a 435 C.F.M. Cetrifugal fan be appropriate for this light with ducting pushing the heat out with the fan.)--See below for details on exhaust and carbon filter.
Also any opinions on the HORTILUX HPS bulb, they are pricey but the watt % could yield way more. let me know
350 $
1749.jpg

-- Like i said i want to use a 1000w light inside a HomeBox grow. I looked up the Value-Line 6" Centrifugal Fan, its blows out at 435 C.F.M. and only uses 1 amp. Will this be sufficient with aluminum ducting and the correct installation with the grow hut, I would mount the fan with a suppresor on the outside of the box.
80 $
50.gif

--I also will most likely invest in a carbon filter for my exhaust hole in the HomeBox. I looked up a C.A.P. OZN-1 ozone generator, I did some reading on these. They use ultraviolet light to clean air particles?????? PLEASE let me know whether this thing legit or not.
130 $
51.gif

(IF NOT) I plan on attatching a SunCort 6" Inline booster fan blowing at 250 C.F.M. This will attatch the HomeBox directly to a Carbon-Aire Carbon Air Filter (109$). This device simply attachtes via ducting to the inline exhaust fan. My question is, is 250CFM fan going to be enough exhaust pressure for the Home Box?
40 $
2046.jpg

+
105 $
activated carbon filter
21117.JPG

--Last and not least im going to be upgrading my oxygen aerator pump that i stole from an old fish tank, to a new 10 port air pump made for livewells. I will be running 8 air hoses to the stalks of each plant from this machine. This helps to maintain Co2 balance and fresh oxygen throughout the day and night.

--My grow supplies will be FoxFarm OceanForrest Soil with a 30% Chunky perlite mix and added hydrated lime. I use FF Grow Big and Tiger Bloom, and the last 2 months of flower i introduce Unsulfered Molasses into their feeding. **Above i was wondering if this will pump through a irragation drip with no problems let me know please**.
Im going to be using 3 gallon grow bags for the soil.

I know this is a lengthy, demanding post but im sure someone will come accross that is interested in helping, im no veteran by any means but i have experience so please no bs posting I am taking this seriously and need help.

Does this sound like a legit grow, has anyone ever used a indoor greenhouse (HomeBox). How much ventelation do i need for a 1000w light, will everything i have work.

My last question is about how many kilowatts will a grow like this run? Im planning on moving into an apartment will my monthly utilities skyrocket? Thanks ALOT for even reading this far, Your help is greatly appreciated.

Re: New 1000W Setup, Need Advice!! {Strwbrry Haze Grow}

That's alot of power for the size space you have. But you do have the right ventilation. If you control the heat it could work. Consider a bigger grow area. A 1000w can adequately light an area of 4x4 and 5x5. The bigger area will allow the plants room to grow which means a bigger yield. Food for thought

--
My grow supplies will be FoxFarm OceanForrest Soil with a 30% Chunky perlite mix and added hydrated lime.
Please read the back of the FFOF mix. It clearly states what is in it. And nothing to be added for 30 days.I say this as I see so many others add and mix too much too soon. Adding Lime might alter the PH as it states on FFOF. Food for thought nothing else.

Total area of the shack could handle the 1000w HPS. ventilation seems adequate.

1000w x 18 hrs = 18KWH x the Kilowatt per Hour rate in your area gives you an estimated daily cost on veg cycle. Add in you inline exhaust and intakes at 1-2.5 amps.

I use a homebox s, i have 9 plants in 2,5 gallon square pots, tent is full :)
i think the vegtime must be cut down at least to 4 weeks. Mine is now vegged 3weeks and a couple days and i put it in flower cause i think i could have a hard too maintain jungle if vegged longer.

Light is a 600w cooltubed HPS, a 70cm long carbonfilter mounted diagonaly in top of tent. Fan is a 352cm/h centrifugal, think you have to multiply 352 with 3 to get approximately cf/h, this would be about 1000cf/h. I got a thyristor on mine to regulate fan speed, its not on full but quite high now when i connected the carbonfilter. If i were you id get a fan that runs at least at that 1000cf/h considerin your 1000w against mine 600w.
Of course i use the air from inside the tent to cool my light, didnt understand if you be gettin outside air to cool yours then a smaller fan should be good. Also i dont know what a supressor is :)

:peace:

I would go with the 4x4 tent. The tent you are looking at is small for a 1000!!! I think you could cut back on the ionizer, they leave a "residue" all over, and the carbon filter is all you need. If your worried about the smell still you can pick up some ONA GEL. It works wonders, they only cost about 20 bucks for a large container. That would save you over $100 that you use to upgrade to the larger grow tent

You do realize that you'll only be working with a little over 6.5sq ft. 1000 watts is a lot for that. The Green Genius is advertised as a system to water your plants if you are going to be away. I would only depend on it for that. ;-)

Ya im now realizing that a 600W or even 400 is more likely going to be my purchase im still doing a lot of looking. And as far as the genius Im just going to be using it so i dont have to crawl in their everytime and water each indiv. plant. I think it should work owell if not im sure it will come in handy sometime. Thanks

I think you need to decide what size space you are going to grow in whether it's the orginal size you stated or the 4x4 & 5x5. A good rule is 60 watts of light per square foot. If you use the 4x4 size room that equals 16 then times 60 and that equals 960w. The 5x5 is nine sq ft bigger which would equal 1500w. I think the 4x4 room is best for a 1000watt light. Also Ms Fox is right on the height. 63" is not the best height if you grow from seed to flower. If you have multipal rooms and use Sea of Green, it could work.

Back
Top Bottom