New and excited

So I am a disabled vet and am tired of never having a dependable medicine supply. Being that I am a lifelong gardener as well, I have decided to grow my own. I am looking forward to learning from you guys.
Welcome to the forum Scottsquatch. Congratulations on starting down this path to making your own medicine! If I can be of any assistance, just holler. You might be a lifelong gardener, but now you are going to try to grow a weed... its a totally different ball game and you have some new ideas to pick up, but you have come to the right place. The knowledge in this place is amazing and everyone wants to share it with you!
So what you thinking? Soil? Hydro? Some hybrid of the two? Have you figured out an area, and thought about lights and air supply, water supply?

Welcome to 420 magazine sorry it’s the new year weekend had company trying to shake .
Neighbor retired army nam vet he grows for about 20 soldiers plus with ptsd and worst . He’s working on AngryBird’s home made nutrients on this grow!
Emilya has hit you gotten one of the best teachers I’ve seen in soil and can comprehend what she is saying. Don’t shy off we want to help!

Welcome to the forum Scottsquatch. Congratulations on starting down this path to making your own medicine! If I can be of any assistance, just holler. You might be a lifelong gardener, but now you are going to try to grow a weed... its a totally different ball game and you have some new ideas to pick up, but you have come to the right place. The knowledge in this place is amazing and everyone wants to share it with you!
So what you thinking? Soil? Hydro? Some hybrid of the two? Have you figured out an area, and thought about lights and air supply, water supply?
Well, I eventually want to go all organic and make my own soils and compost teas and all that, but this first grow will be easier by necessity. I dont have any soil made up yet so I will just go with a pro mix and maybe a gro box from general hydroponics. I could really use help in figuring out what to start with as far as a medium and nutes to start somthing right away. I have a tent, grow lights, in-line exhaust fan, and all that stuff already.

may i suggest that if your goal is to go full organic, then start moving toward that goal now by investing in the right soil to start your base with. I like roots organic 101 for this purpose, and the original soil that I bought almost 4 years ago is still going strong, but now in a full organic setting.
If you got some soil that will carry through and be able to be used over and over again, you could also start out with a good organic line of nutrients, like General Organics. This way again, you don't ruin the soil by adding some synthetics to it and you can start enjoying the benefits of organic growing right away, but more importantly, this way you will not waste any money or have to throw away a bunch of grow medium that you only were able to use once or twice and you wont have to worry about pH issues right from the start.
Sounds like you are almost ready to go other than this... :)

Well, I eventually want to go all organic and make my own soils and compost teas and all that, but this first grow will be easier by necessity. I dont have any soil made up yet so I will just go with a pro mix and maybe a gro box from general hydroponics. I could really use help in figuring out what to start with as far as a medium and nutes to start somthing right away. I have a tent, grow lights, in-line exhaust fan, and all that stuff already.
Emilya has some great info and is usually spot on...that being said soil is the most forgiving for newbies...peace and welcome to the club :welcome:

may i suggest that if your goal is to go full organic, then start moving toward that goal now by investing in the right soil to start your base with. I like roots organic 101 for this purpose, and the original soil that I bought almost 4 years ago is still going strong, but now in a full organic setting.
If you got some soil that will carry through and be able to be used over and over again, you could also start out with a good organic line of nutrients, like General Organics. This way again, you don't ruin the soil by adding some synthetics to it and you can start enjoying the benefits of organic growing right away, but more importantly, this way you will not waste any money or have to throw away a bunch of grow medium that you only were able to use once or twice and you wont have to worry about pH issues right from the start.
Sounds like you are almost ready to go other than this... :)
Best stuff in my opinion :slide:
005.jpg

That go box is what I was talking about. Now I just need to find a soil I can start with that I dont have to add 20 ingredients to. Somthing I can use right away. I want to start my grow in 1 or two weeks from now.

I found a good recipe on the cali green YouTube channel. It's all organic, but ready to use. Eventually, I will do a super soil. The reason I want all organic is because I am a cancer survivor and I "try" not to ingest all sorts of chemicals. That said, it seems like synthetic nutes would be easy to cut out. So that's the route I'm going with.

Back
Top Bottom