New Canadian grower

I do this an most will pop within 24hrs some as soon as 12 hours so keep an eye on them. Once they crack I transfer to wet paper towel till sprouts r about 1/4-1/2 inch long then to soil :)
That's what I did for my early miss I'm currently growing, seemed to have worked well. Just figured I'd try this method out to see how well it works!

420-magazine-mobile1026189995.jpg

Is it normal for some of the leaves to fold in like this? I was thinking maybe to much heat on the plant as it's roughly 13 inches away from my light?

.I think it looks fine, just growing .... 150 HPS probably won't burn them... I have a 400w about 11inches from my tops and they are pretty happy
420-magazine-mobile163692977.jpg

Just make sure you have a fan blowing the heat across the tops
420-magazine-mobile1997973722.jpg

And its 14" to the scrog net

.I think it looks fine, just growing .... 150 HPS probably won't burn them... I have a 400w about 11inches from my tops and they are pretty happy
420-magazine-mobile163692977.jpg
Okay good to hear thanks! Yours look awesome what kind of strain?

I also read that to much air from a fan can cause this abit so I put my fan ground lvl pointed up so there's still airflow but not directly on the plant.

I have one above the light going straight down, one blowing across the top, just barely hitting the plants , and another one at ground level .... plus a big ass 8" exhaust
4 Strain Grow Started March 5 2017 - G-13 - Erk Train x Deadhead OG - Facewreck

4 Strain Grow Started March 5 2017 - G-13 - Erk Train x Deadhead OG - Facewreck
Damn you got some good ventilation that's for sure lol, I should probably get another just to be safe since I'm growing under my stairs with the door an inch open most of the time. Temps are only at around 20-22 degrees though so.

Nice variety of strains! I subbed to see how they finish off.

I was getting temps all over the place in the tent... it was 91Fat the top, 70Fin the middle and 60Fat the bottom... the fan above the light gently pushes that heat back down to balance it all out lol
420-magazine-mobile260977246.jpg
420-magazine-mobile786459195.jpg

. $5 at Walmart
Plus it is in the basement so it was very chilly like 40F down there when I started

Maybe I'll just stick with my fan pointing towards between the light and top of the plant just to be safe. I'll try and pick up another one today for the ground lvl.

Hopefully come winter I'll have a setup similar to yours once I buy a tent and stuff around october weather

I had to save and save - and I still have to keep buying stuff every week as needed i.e.: dehumidifier
.... have to react to diff situations .... but once I stop buying herb too I'll be golden !
Best of luck to you as well - I'll be stopping in from time to time , you'll find this site very helpful as I have .

I had to save and save - and I still have to keep buying stuff every week as needed i.e.: dehumidifier
.... have to react to diff situations .... but once I stop buying herb too I'll be golden !
Haha I guess you can never stop buying eh! Unlimited amount of stuff an intermediate grower can buy :p. Ive been trying to stop buying herb but it's to long of a wait till I'm done my harvest if it can make it that far. Can't wait to finish my first grow!!!

Thanks for all the help btw I really appreciate it

420-magazine-mobile460885720.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1276253783.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1092293233.jpg

So it seems to be perking up more now that I bought a bigger fan to blow air at the light and plant and used my old fan to blow air out of the room either that or its just because it's at 2.5 weeks old.

I also cleaned any dust or dirt in the room and rearranged it best I could. Not sure if I should start a grow journal for this plant or just keep uploading here

So it seems to be perking up more now that I bought a bigger fan to blow air at the light and plant and used my old fan to blow air out of the room either that or its just because it's at 2.5 weeks old.

I also cleaned any dust or dirt in the room and rearranged it best I could. Not sure if I should start a grow journal for this plant or just keep uploading here
She is looking good, Og. The fans help, good that you got another one.
As for starting a journal, that sure wouldn't hurt, and you seem to be at the point now where a journal would be useful to yourself and others. It will make it easier to follow your grow, that's for sure.
Keep up the good work my friend :cheer:

She is looking good, Og. The fans help, good that you got another one.
As for starting a journal, that sure wouldn't hurt, and you seem to be at the point now where a journal would be useful to yourself and others. It will make it easier to follow your grow, that's for sure.
Keep up the good work my friend :cheer:
Thanks snarly appreciate the feedback! I think I may just skip the journal for this one since it's my first and I'm also slightly unorganized on water timings and stuff. I'll wait for my other seeds to start to get an organized one going.

Also what's your opinion on lst for autos? Ive been watching and reading lots of grows that say it's really beneficial. Since I'm new grower I was thinking maybe its a bad idea and I might ruin my plant but I kept seeing the results from it on other grows so I went for it.

Can you tell me if this is proper?

420-magazine-mobile1467930011.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1071200624.jpg

Sorry for crappy photos the light messes with my camera

Thanks snarly appreciate the feedback! I think I may just skip the journal for this one since it's my first and I'm also slightly unorganized on water timings and stuff. I'll wait for my other seeds to start to get an organized one going.
Up to you, but this is where a journal might be the most helpful for you. I didn't journal my first grow, and I am sorry I didn't. I forgot a lot of useful info during that grow, and when I started grow 2 and 3, I kept forgetting what and when I did things with first grow. And you will find people that follow your journal will be able to give you tips, encouragement and good vibes ;)

Also what's your opinion on lst for autos? Ive been watching and reading lots of grows that say it's really beneficial. Since I'm new grower I was thinking maybe its a bad idea and I might ruin my plant but I kept seeing the results from it on other grows so I went for it.
I don't grow autos, I like to make the decision of when to induce flowering. But most of the auto people here know what they are doing, and I'm pretty sure that LST is in their bag of tricks.
Can you tell me if this is proper?

420-magazine-mobile1467930011.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1071200624.jpg

Sorry for crappy photos the light messes with my camera
Just guessing, could be watering issues, light too close? Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in. (another good reason to start a journal ;))

Up to you, but this is where a journal might be the most helpful for you. I didn't journal my first grow, and I am sorry I didn't. I forgot a lot of useful info during that grow, and when I started grow 2 and 3, I kept forgetting what and when I did things with first grow. And you will find people that follow your journal will be able to give you tips, encouragement and good vibes ;)

I don't grow autos, I like to make the decision of when to induce flowering. But most of the auto people here know what they are doing, and I'm pretty sure that LST is in their bag of tricks.

Just guessing, could be watering issues, light too close? Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in. (another good reason to start a journal ;))
Haha alright ill start one up for this grow! And nothing wrong with the plant that I'm aware of I was just wondering If I did a proper lst it's hard to see in my photos because of my camera

Back
Top Bottom