New clones taking to much time!

Budd-Happy

hello

I've got 2 cheez clones that have now been under my 400 watt hps for 3 weeks and none of them have grown at all they still look healthy and are in 5gal pots, they're watered everyday and fed once a week how long until I can expect growth on the plant

Re: New clones taking to much time!!!

Alrightie Mcbudz!! Yes they had roots not big or many but they had some. They were in a propergation tank for 2 weeks after i chopped them from the mother however they were taken from the top and i've been told that the top part is the lazyiest part of the plant as it doesn't have to fight for the light where as the bottom is the opposite and is where you should take your cuttings from is there any truth to this??? Please advise cheers!

They should be fine if the tops are green and not wilting. Try giving thme a little Miracid. About a tablespoon per gallon.

They were in a propergation tank for 2 weeks after i chopped them from the mother however they were taken from the top and i've been told that the top part is the lazyiest part of the plant as it doesn't have to fight for the light where as the bottom is the opposite and is where you should take your cuttings from is there any truth to this??? Please advise cheers!

I guess lazy is one way of saying it...lol. But really its because the hormones needed to produce roots are more concentrated the closer the cuttings are to the root system of the mother plant.

Nice 1 people cheers for the advise, I've got new growth on all 3 plants so their off!! I'll post some pictures and start the Cheez journal when their due to go into budding

I guess lazy is one way of saying it...lol. But really its because the hormones needed to produce roots are more concentrated the closer the cuttings are to the root system of the mother plant.

DEAD ON! also one should spray that clone stuff,,, hmm cant remember the name sorry, its sorta milky and covers the leaves of the clones, makes a non breathable membrane to make roots . doesnt take much, but spray them once right after cloning and you should get roots in 7 days,;)

Back
Top Bottom