Clone help

Kingfish91

Hello I am new to growing and I got some clone and put them under a 1000 watt hps light and was wondering if I should put them under my it's either a 200 watt or 400 watt light its not a hps

clones definitely don't need 1000w until they are much older... If you only have the 1000w to work with, make sure it is far away from the clones. I would use less wattage because 1000w is too much for the young clones... also for veg... a MH is better than a HPS... blue light for veg...red for flower :)

I use the back of my hand , hold it over the plant if you feel heat or discomfort then your plants are feeling it too. Clones in the beginning do not have a complex root stucture and they need roots in order to cool themselves so in the beginning high humidity and keep the heat down plus fresh air the more CO2 they can get the more they will flourish. Oh and welcome to :420:

ok i have one of the cfls and its a 200watt with reflector and was wondering how far should i hang it from the clones?

With cfls you can keep the light safely above the plants at a distance of 1 inch / 2.5 cm cormfortable.

In the past with my own clones/cuttings i've kept 125w cfl 6500k at aprox 3 inches above the plants with no ill side effects on 18/6 light schedule, some people may prefer 24/0 for clones intill rooted tho :peace:

Back
Top Bottom