New face - DIYer

Nyhm Reaper

Hello everyone. Been surfing the forum here for a while now. Finally decided to register to say THANK YOU for all the excellent information and because I dont have anyone to talk to about my grow. Well, except my wife but she just looks at me funny when I get happy about seeing roots on a clone... :thanks:

I love to DIY, as much as I can. Im attempting to document this grow for people who want to spend as little up front as possible, stealthy and low key while growing some personal meds. I will get some good pics to post but for now here is my set up..

These are the things I did have to buy out of pocket
2 40W CFL - 5pk 23W CFL $30.00
Reflective windshield covers - $8.00
white duct take (cause Dollar Gen sucks and didnt have reflective) $4.00
small single valve air pump, hose and airstone - $14.00 total
Those damn things that turn one socket into two, im having a brain fart and can not come up with a name for them other than light socket splitter...LMFAO x4 - $10.00 total
Aluminum disposable baking pans x3 - $5.00 total
Wood from the cheap "OMG look at that crack" pile at Lowes. $10.00
Yeast and Sugar for CO2

Obviously I did not need all of that to start off, it has been gathered over time from starting this project to now so its been a constant upgrading of items as I go.

Most everything else I either had laying around, could get from a friend/family member, got from a neighbor in trade by helping them or made myself. Got 2 large bags of potting mix, pots, Nutes and a garbage bag full of spray paint of various colors from the old man down the street cause I helped him clean out is garage.

I used an old entertainment center that I took apart to build some separate cubicles in an extra closet. The lower left shelf is for flowering with 6 CFL bulbs, 2 40W 2700ea lum above and 4 23W 1600ea lum around the sides. Bottom right is for a Mother with 4 23W 1600ea Lum CFLs, top shelf is set up so one side is for clones (in a DIY coffee container cloner) the other side for seedlings. the top shelf is lit by a 4' shop light with 2 40W bulbs and the seedling side also has 4 CFL 23W 1600ea Lum bulbs. The shop light was in the laundry room when we moved in. In order to not get the side eye from my wife I replaced that shop light with a small florescent that she could easily reach... ;-)... The light sockets came from an old scrap ceiling fan my brother had at his house.

Spray painted the inside of the baking pans with flat white spray paint and made reflectors. One reflector houses the 2 40W bulbs, the other 2 each have 4 23W bulbs. The reflectors for the individual lights around the flowering plants are made from aluminum cans cut split and cleaned.

3 computer fans are used for ventilation. Those were obtained when a neighbor was throwing out some old computer parts last year. 2 powered by an old V-tech power supply that was done away with long ago and the other by an old cell phone charger. 2 DIY CO2 bottles made from 2 liter bottles feed CO2 around.

Right now I have 1 on day 20 of flowering, 4 seedlings and 4 clones from the female that is currently flowering. Im using a few different training techniques that I picked up from here, experimenting with combining a few of them to see what I get. Because I have low space SOG and FLUXING are 2 that are appealing to me.

Ok Im sure I left out a lot but it is long winded enough as is... Nice to meet you all... :Namaste:

Very nice intro Nyhm Reaper. Good to see you here on 420 mag. The pride of the DIY there is nothing like it. I am builder my self. Now I do Use tents in two of my grow rooms. But all about DIY on most of what I do as well. You should take all of this post you have done and move it over to a journal. Under settings you can copy your link into your signature and then every time you make a post anywhere we can see a link to your journal and check it out. Once again nice to see you here. There are a lot of great people here. Happy Growing and Looking forward to see any pic you put on your grow and set up.

Back
Top Bottom