New Farmer

remraftop

Hi everyone i am new to the grow scene, basicly just wanting to get any feedback or helpful hints as possible.as of right now im using just a "basic" system. 1 light more coming asas as plant matures. My plants have been in soil for 5 days so far.they are starting to grow second set of leaves. How long should i wait before i black them out to start the flowering phase, ive heard around 10 to 12 inches. I will update info as plants grow. Also is it ok to use a Fertilizer mixed in withwater such as miracle grow etc without changing soil or should it be changed?

Hi remraftop,

Welcome to 420 magazine and the community of members that gathers here. :welcome: I hope you find the site as beneficial and the community as welcoming and generous in time and spirit as have I! I know you will find a wealth of information on the site as you explore it. Would like to suggest you visit the tab at the top of the screen labeled "Grow Room" and specifically the "How to grow Marijuana" sub-group. I think you will also find the "search" feature located under the "Forums" tab to be indispenable.

Congratulations on starting your grow. I think as you explore the site a little most of your questions will be answered, but I'll take a stab at the basics to help you get started. In deciding how big your plants should be before inducing flowering, you should evaluate a couple things. First consideration is how big do you wish the finished plant to be? Cannabis plants can double or even triple in size during the budding phase, so with that in mind look at your grow area to determine the optimal size.

Another consideration is lighting. You did not mention what type of lighting you are using. If you are using a High Intensity Discharge (HID) light or some other type of light that provides good light penetration into the plant canopy you may be able to grow a much larger plant than if using any type of fourescent.

You can fertilize your plants in the soil in which they are currently growing assuming it is decent soil to begin with. Miracle grow isn't the greatest fertilizer for cannabis plants, but it will work. It lacks a number of micro nutrients desirable for cannabis. It's also a chemical fertilizer (as opposed to organic) so you may want to consider flushing your plants (watering with straight water) for the last couple weeks prior to harvest.

Again, Welcome and happy growing!

subscribed. what strain are you growing? i would not use the Miracle Gro fertilizer, i would go to a hydro shop and get a fertilizer designed for cannabis. i use General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering to different strengths. General Hydroponics Flora series can be used for hydroponics, soil and soiless mediums. come have a look at my grow journals in my signature. here is everything you should need to know to post full size photographs in your journal.

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

https://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/products/nutrients/flora series/

IMG_20130822_062026.jpg
my plants after 5 days. My lighting is 75watt bulbs inside of a heat lamp style light. My,plan for height is around 3ft. Id like it wider rather than taller. The seed is a basic ganny seed. Not sure of the strain. Right now they are growing in a big cabinet but will be moved to a bigger space once i finish getting my equipment. I also knew about flushing before harvest with using chemical. My main goal is to get.the experience and first hand knowledge on what to expct. As far as fertilizer gos i do have a bag of fox run 13 13 13 any advice about this like when i repot should i mix some of that with the soil and run continuous through the end of cycle? Thanks for the tips, and i will check out some things

i would separate your plants now before the roots establish themselves. more then 1 plant per pot is asking for trouble, you give each plant less room for root growth and one will become dominant and overgrow the others. are you using Compact Florescent Light bulbs or a different type of spotlight? if you are going to use the fox run 13 13 13 soil i would mix it 50% with regular potting soil when you transplant small plants.

Thanks i will be re potting them today, almost got my other room complete minus an exhaust system, the bulb is a standard lightbulb except with the twists in it if that makes sense. I will post pic of it?

that is a Compact Florescent Light bulb in your photograph. just be careful how close you have it to your small seedlings as heat may wither them. do you have a small fan you can use for airflow to the seedling? you want just enough wind to gently move the stems and cool the area.

I do have a fan i run on them about 4 hours a day. And ive been running the light about 6 to 8 inches above the plant an d they seem to like it well. No signs of any damage as of yet. They have really started to take off since moving them to the new room.

IMG_20130826_183155.jpg
IMG_20130826_183227.jpg
9days since planted, also new set up still no exhaust but have a door i open to circulate fresh air in, my air temp stays between 80 and 84 degrees.

New member here also plants look awesome, In the little experience I have, I have used the sucker leaves as a small buffer for the plant to have that extra food while I have it in a light mix, when the fall off I take that as a sign to start feeding unless a def tells me other wise but I would leave them on until the plant consumes them.

Thanks for the input so just letting them wither off.wont harm nothing then.. I am thinking of starting my flowering phase after 6 weeks is this a good idea for these plants to be forced kinda early? Anf what is recomended i been told do a dark out for 36 hours then do a 12 12 cycle anyone done this or know what kinda truth is behind this. Thanks yall for all the help. As ive said this is all a big learnin process for me. Thanks to everyone who has helped so far ive got some really good notes and i think next time imma build a hydroponic system ive heard they are.easier to up keep and maintain

They may be ready im 6 weeks but you can flip the light when ever you want but the plant is still going to grow until it is sexually mature. when I flip the lights I just flip them and I have had great results I cant speak on giving them a dark period as I have never done it. Im no pro but I just like to keep things simple and listin to the plants......the best thing I ever learned from experience is not to over love, and have fun no matter what.

Update to equipment now have 1 55watt cfl and 3 20 watt cfls, also plants are startin to put off smell whats good to eliminate alot of it?

Back
Top Bottom