New Farmer

My appologies, i guess what i was lookin at was not the balls but the nodes? Someone told me that basically these little nodes will be what flowers off and then after/during that i should know

So i forced my plants (36 hours of dark). Im now ona 12 12 cycle, just wondering really just what to expect. Also is there any other stipulations that need to be followed or should i pretty much be good to go until harvest? Pics coming soon.big thanks to yall guys for the hints n tips, and the knowledge yall have passed on to myself, as a new grower I think im doing pretty well. Other than the 1 time the plant yellowed a bit theyve been doing pretty good. Undergrowth is looking really nice. I think next time im going to try a small deep water culture system.

your plants will soon begin to form pistils and stretch early in flowering. your nutrients should be adjusted to a flowering mixture about 1 weeks into flower. your light will have to be raised as your plants grow. if you are using a High Intensity Discharge light you should switch to a High Pressure Sodium light bulb now. If you are using a Compact Florescent Light bulb then a warm white 2700 kelvin light bulb should be used for flowering.

The cfl is the warm white 2700. I changed nutrients from a 24 8 15 to a 8 6 6, do u have any (n_p_k) that you prefer maybe i should try

Also using only cfls and limited budget is 1 55w cfl enough for flowering? Its the same light used during veg. But i only have 1 light per plant.

the more light you can provide your plants with that you can reasonably cool the better for harvest. what brand of nutrients are you using and how many millilitres per gallon are you currently feeding?

A buddy gave it to me i believe fox farm plant food, 8-6-6. Bottle had big tomato next to a small barn? Im using 4tsp per gallon.

FoxFarm Grow Big is part of a 3 part nutrient system that also includes Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom.

https://foxfarmfertilizer.com grow big liquid plant food

Foxfarm Soil Systems Feeding Schedule

Foxfarm_Soil_Systems_Feeding_Schedule.jpeg

Foxfarm Hydroponic Feeding schedule

Foxfarm_Hydroponic_Feeding_schedule.jpg

Thats very helpful, i was doing it once a week for the last 2 weeks, ill probably do it this week then skip 2 weeks and so on, i decided to make the tough decision on focusing my lights on 1 plant, i believe this will in turn make my grow better

I would suggest transplanting soon, into a 5 gallon pot if you have the space, or a 3 gallon pot at least. Also 4 tsp. sounds like a lot, I hope it doesn't burn them, you should probably flush soon too, helps get rid of salt build up, and allows more oxygen to get to the roots. Sledge hammer works, but you should rinse the solution out of the medium a few hours after the flush, because it can burn them if you don't. I watched a video where they flushed 3 times during flower, then let the soil dry almost completely before feeding them again, and they ended up with a much larger yield than they normally did.

Flushing is when you use a solution to clear the medium of unwanted salt buildup. If you look on the schedule King John C posted, you will see the sledge hammer product on the far right, that's fox farm's version of a flushing solution. I use it regularly, and have never had any issues with it. The salt buildup has to have something to bind to, in order to be flushed from the medium, and plain water, while better than no flush at all, will not do the job as well. Don't flush, then feed directly after, though, wait until the next time you water to use nutes. Again that's flush, then rinse, let the medium dry out, then nutes. I hope this helps, I'll be online all day, so let me know.

what i am referring to as flushing means to run at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as your pot size through the pot to remove any fertilizer salts that may be in the roots and medium. some people use a commercial flushing agent with the pH adjusted water when they flush. In my LA Confidential grow journal i used a home made Clearex flushing solution I gave the recipe for.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

Back
Top Bottom