New First Coco Grow Zkittlez Auto

No i was lucky enough to have some in my nutrient bottles , I have never used cal/mag in soil though
What would you recommend I do to add nutes to my hard water but also keep the ppm low ? My current ppm from the tap is around 350.
Someone else said add one eighth nutes to the water and then add more water to dilute the mix ? Does that sound like the right way to do it ?

What would you recommend I do to add nutes to my hard water but also keep the ppm low ? My current ppm from the tap is around 350.
Someone else said add one eighth nutes to the water and then add more water to dilute the mix ? Does that sound like the right way to do it ?
I cant see it being a problem , ill try find my last coco and tag you
Do you leave your water sitting over night , i like to bubble my water for 24/36 hours , then i add a small bit of nutrient, my nutrients were dark so i just colored the water and no more for the first 2 weeks ,

I cant see it being a problem , ill try find my last coco and tag you
Do you leave your water sitting over night , i like to bubble my water for 24/36 hours , then i add a small bit of nutrient, my nutrients were dark so i just colored the water and no more for the first 2 weeks ,
I haven't ever grown in coco this is my first round.
But I've never really let it sit or aerated the water before. Never had any problems. But coco seems a little bit more important to get the ppm and nutrient density right and not have half the ppm requirements taken up by hard water n God knows what percentages of different minerals make up that 350ppm

I haven't ever grown in coco this is my first round.
But I've never really let it sit or aerated the water before. Never had any problems. But coco seems a little bit more important to get the ppm and nutrient density right and not have half the ppm requirements taken up by hard water n God knows what percentages of different minerals make up that 350ppm
Is there any way of catching rain water , I cant really say much as I've only ever used my own water source , i catch rain water and use this for coco also ,I have a caravan and the down drains i set buckets at each one, takes about and hour after a good rain to fill 4 x 20 liter buckets sometimes half hour depending on how heavy the rain falls :)
then i store and have circulating pumps to keep it fresh

like this :)

P1180141.JPG
P1180142.JPG

Is there any way of catching rain water , I cant really say much as I've only ever used my own water source , i catch rain water and use this for coco also ,I have a caravan and the down drains i set buckets at each one, takes about and hour after a good rain to fill 4 x 20 liter buckets sometimes half hour depending on how heavy the rain falls :)
Oh I don't have a town water supply either , my water comes from rain and when it doesn't rain and I need water i have to order a truck to deliver about 13000L of water to fill the tank. Depends on the current situation as to what my ppm is. The town water is what drives up the ppm. But when it's just rain water in there it sits on about 144

like this :)

P1180141.JPG
P1180142.JPG
I just checked my ppm after the rain we had about a week ago which put about 6 thousand Litres in thrthe tank and the ppm has dropped to 220 which is awesome and gives me something to play with. I'm going to pump out the current water into a large container and out s circulating pump in there like you say to keep it running and fresh. Then I'll continue to use the water ppm220 from the tap until my supply is low and I'll get a truck in but I'll still have a 1000L container full of lower ppm water for the plants :) then when they get older it won't matter so much because I'll be needing a higher ppm anyway so I'll be able to use the harder water when the 1000L runs out. Sound like a plan?

Its pretty straight forward , keep the ph that is going in in the zone 5.6 to 6.0 , do not over feed ,plants just grow by them selves , that coco is well buffered so keeping the nutrients low you will have zero problems ,
Start by just adding a little veg nutes to colour the water then build up to 1/4 strength over the couple of weeks then 1/2 , i never went above 750 ppm my tap water is 44 , took almost 9 ounce off an auto for 83 days , not one problem :thumb:
here she is :)

the biggest one is coco at the back , the rest organic

P1160783 - Copy.JPG
P1160790 - Copy.JPG
What is the auto strain you did in coco in this pic?

So far so good. Little bit of purple in the veins n I think it may be due to the dropping evening temperatures below 20 degrees Celsius and as low as 15 degrees Celsius. Have been leaving only one air vent open on the rent and turning off my carbon filter and just using the Oscilating fan at night to keep the warmth in the tent. Hopefully this helps the babies through the cold nights.
24hr schedule at the moment and feeding once in the morning and once at night at 1/4 strength nutes.
They seem to be thriving for 7 days old. Hydro is a completely different looking structure and vibrancy wise compared to soil . Everything is moving so much faster I feel . Another 7 days and I will start to increase the nutrients a little and then one week after that I will start watering until run off.
Can't wait tomsee how much bigger they get in coco and in 23L Fabric pots

20210728_170756.jpg

20210728_171024.jpg

Back
Top Bottom