New First Coco Grow Zkittlez Auto

Grower2020

First Coco attempt using 350ppm hard water
8 x 23L Fabric pots (Germinating in final pot, no transplanting)
Canna Coco nutrients and calmag "if necessary"
6x6 tent
6inch carbon filter
2 x 650 watt samsung lm301b diode led lights
1 x 1300watt grid tie inverter and 6 solar panels to offset the light power during the day ;) may add another 6 panels and extra inverter at later stage
Bought myself multiple ppm meters all reading accurately and multiple ph meters all reading accurately in case of a breakdown of one unit leaving me with no meters to gauge nutes or ph.
Hoping to have a trouble free run.
Ended up with fungus gnats near the end of my last grow which was soil , they didn't harm or affect my plants at all but to prevent them attacking my new more vulnerable seedlings I'm about to germinate , I will place insect bombs inside my grow room and also bomb my entire house to eradicate and chance of the larvae being able to spawn anywhere .
Followed by a full scale clean of the inside of the grow tent and also an Indoor approved barrier treatment around the tent to prevent ants and spider mites from accessing the tent easily.
Stay tuned for hopefully my first successful coco grow :)

20210713_182722.jpg

20210713_182753.jpg

20210713_182818.jpg

Thanks man appreciated
Its pretty straight forward , keep the ph that is going in in the zone 5.6 to 6.0 , do not over feed ,plants just grow by them selves , that coco is well buffered so keeping the nutrients low you will have zero problems ,
Start by just adding a little veg nutes to colour the water then build up to 1/4 strength over the couple of weeks then 1/2 , i never went above 750 ppm my tap water is 44 , took almost 9 ounce off an auto for 83 days , not one problem :thumb:
here she is :)

the biggest one is coco at the back , the rest organic

P1160783 - Copy.JPG
P1160790 - Copy.JPG

Its pretty straight forward , keep the ph that is going in in the zone 5.6 to 6.0 , do not over feed ,plants just grow by them selves , that coco is well buffered so keeping the nutrients low you will have zero problems ,
Start by just adding a little veg nutes to colour the water then build up to 1/4 strength over the couple of weeks then 1/2 , i never went above 750 ppm my tap water is 44 , took almost 9 ounce off an auto for 83 days , not one problem :thumb:

P1160783 - Copy.JPG
P1160790 - Copy.JPG
One thing I can't seem to get a clear answer on is...
Im starting them in the final pots with no transplant
23L pots
So I'm wondering if the nutes will build up even though the nutes are weak in the beginning, since I i dont need to soak the whole 23L pot for atleast a couple of weeks after sprout ? My point is since I won't be watering to runoff for the first couple of weeks will I get nute build up?

First Coco attempt using 350ppm hard water
8 x 23L Fabric pots (Germinating in final pot, no transplanting)
Canna Coco nutrients and calmag "if necessary"
6x6 tent
6inch carbon filter
2 x 650 watt samsung lm301b diode led lights
1 x 1300watt grid tie inverter and 6 solar panels to offset the light power during the day ;) may add another 6 panels and extra inverter at later stage
Bought myself multiple ppm meters all reading accurately and multiple ph meters all reading accurately in case of a breakdown of one unit leaving me with no meters to gauge nutes or ph.
Hoping to have a trouble free run.
Ended up with fungus gnats near the end of my last grow which was soil , they didn't harm or affect my plants at all but to prevent them attacking my new more vulnerable seedlings I'm about to germinate , I will place insect bombs inside my grow room and also bomb my entire house to eradicate and chance of the larvae being able to spawn anywhere .
Followed by a full scale clean of the inside of the grow tent and also an Indoor approved barrier treatment around the tent to prevent ants and spider mites from accessing the tent easily.
Stay tuned for hopefully my first successful coco grow :)

20210713_182722.jpg

20210713_182753.jpg

20210713_182818.jpg
23L pots
So I'm wondering if the nutes will build up even though the nutes are weak in the beginning, since I i dont need to soak the whole 23L pot for atleast a couple of weeks after sprout ? My point is since I won't be watering to runoff for the first couple of weeks will I get nute build up?
You won't be getting any build up in little girls.
Before you fill those pots.
I put bokashi and insect frass & Dazzle in my coco, it helps roots immensely.
Its in my Gorilla glue clone thread if you want to have a look.
Another option is @DYNOMYCO and earths alive , excellent for roots.
Happy growing my friend.
Bill

23L pots
Go light you will be fine , i joined two pots together and made a 5 gallon from 2 x 3 , so it was taller than most pots and got no build up. , it was the best smooth running grow i have done , i just let it do its thing ,

Go light you will be fine , i joined two pots together and made a 5 gallon from 2 x 3 , so it was taller than most pots and got no build up. , it was the best smooth running grow i have done , i just let it do its thing ,
@bill @NuttyProfessor . So 100% no need to water until run off the first couple of weeks if the nutes are very weak ? Then when I think the roots can handle a full drenching I'll just water to run off and that will wash anything that may have mildly built up during those 2 weeks ? . Then I'll be away :)
Lol sorry for hammering you guys brains but hopefully once I learn more and more about it all I can take some of the weight off and help guide others who are learning also. Really appreciate the fact that you guys don't hog your knowledge and hard earned experience and laugh at up and coming growers trying different methodsof growing. Can't thanks yas enough hey.

The roots can always handle a "full drenching" as coco is more akin to hydroponic grow than soil.

As you say .. in a big pot there is no need to water until run off because your plant is tiny atm in comparison to the pot it is in.

I would imagine watering around the plant a certain diameter will encourage lateral root growth without the need to drench the whole pot but we are probably splitting hairs here....

Keep nute levels as recommended above, water what feels right and I am sure you will be fine.

@bill @NuttyProfessor . So 100% no need to water until run off the first couple of weeks if the nutes are very weak ? Then when I think the roots can handle a full drenching I'll just water to run off and that will wash anything that may have mildly built up during those 2 weeks ? . Then I'll be away :)
Lol sorry for hammering you guys brains but hopefully once I learn more and more about it all I can take some of the weight off and help guide others who are learning also. Really appreciate the fact that you guys don't hog your knowledge and hard earned experience and laugh at up and coming growers trying different methodsof growing. Can't thanks yas enough hey.
We are so happy to help.
Just want you to have the best harvest possible. :love:
Bill

The roots can always handle a "full drenching" as coco is more akin to hydroponic grow than soil.

As you say .. in a big pot there is no need to water until run off because your plant is tiny atm in comparison to the pot it is in.

I would imagine watering around the plant a certain diameter will encourage lateral root growth without the need to drench the whole pot but we are probably splitting hairs here....

Keep nute levels as recommended above, water what feels right and I am sure you will be fine.
Thanks Birdie much appreciated for your input also

P1160783 - Copy.JPG
P1160790 - Copy.JPG
The coco plant is miles ahead of the soil plants in front of it. Size and width is miles ahead . In saying that, the soil plants are still gawjus and very very healthy . Man I can't wait to see what the coco produces :) I'm hoping for a minimum of 3 oz per plant . 24 oz total from 8 plants in 23L pots . Fingers crossed

P1160783 - Copy.JPG
P1160790 - Copy.JPG
Did you mean your tap water is 440ppm or it is only 44ppm ? Coz that's like super clean tap water if it's only 44ppm from town water supply . ?

Yeah nice that's bloody beautiful. Basically rain water. The process must be very clean because there's basically zero minerals in that water. You obviously use calmag with that water?
No i was lucky enough to have some in my nutrient bottles , I have never used cal/mag in soil though

Back
Top Bottom