New grow room idea, need help with understanding lighting

MVcowboy

So if I have a 10x10 grow room. I was reading about how you find the square footage and divide it by the 4 foot rule for each plant. So if it’s 100sqft, that means I could have at least 25 plants. It said how each plant needs at least 65w. Is this actually right?

Watts, from wall, at 30-50w is good, 50w being great

Now I run less than that at about 28w and does great
Edges kinda dont figure in as much, so really it's the watts over the plant that's important

10x10 is a big space to start growing in, I assume yer just starting
Maybe start in a corner, and remember, you need total darkness for flower plants, well unless yer just running Autos, then it dosent matter

Good luck

I am just starting out, probably just getting ahead of my self. Just trying to figure out what I can

Just because you can have 25 plants doesn't mean you have to...25 plants is a
fairly large commitment even for an experienced grower.
I'd say start smaller and work your way up.
just my 2 cents...

Just because you can have 25 plants doesn't mean you have to...25 plants is a
fairly large commitment even for an experienced grower.
I'd say start smaller and work your way up.
just my 2 cents...
yup, do 4 and learn how the plant grows first.
and if youre using nutes follow the schedule
and dont add extra
stuff. it isnt going to make the plant grow faster and more likely
to cause problems later

I had started with 32 plants this last grow

What a nightmare, luckily I had males to cull my numbers

25 is a lot for a new grower, especially since you don't have a full understanding of their wants and needs yet

Start small, get GOOD lights like QBs, and over time expand as your experience grows

2 plants can be a handful let alone 25. Id tone it down significantly. Imagine stuffing up 25, all that work and money down the drain. At least with 2-4, you stuff up, sure but its not a big deal. good luck cuz

friend of mine had 45 plants under a couple 1200 watt phkozons lmao.
they ended up with a lb and a half.
i remember she was telling me she spent at least 2 hours a day trimming fan leaves off ( which probably caused their hermies lmao)
dont do like my friend, grow a smaller amount of big plants and “grow” into your space, rather than be completely overwhelmed with no prior experience on your first grow.
and if youre trying to grow strictly for cash because you need money? better be prepared to wait a while before your investment pays off lol.
drying and curing to get a quality product that doesnt taste like hay is a whole nother challenege after getting the plants there lol.

Back
Top Bottom