New grow room plans: opinions welcome

Greenlizard

Hello all.
If smoking pot isn't addictive growing it sure as hell is. LOL.
I just started my first grow in October. It's going well and has been in flower for a couple weeks now. I started off with a 4x4 tent kit. I am trying to grow perpetual. I have cloned my plants before sending them to flower and the clones are doing well so far. I now realize that if I want to have an abundance of oils and edibles I will need to produce more bud. You can see my current setup in my grow journal if you like. I currently have four 4' T5 Sunblasters with Nanotech reflectors for veg, and a 315 Watt CMH for flower.
Here's my thoughts...
I will purchase a 4'x8' tent for flower.
Add an additional 315 Watt CMH to go along with the one I already own.
Purchase a few more T5's for the veg area.
Repurpose my current 4x4 tent with 4" exhaust fan and carbon filter for a drying tent?
Add a 6" exhaust fan with carbon filter for exhausting right from the tent to outside.
The area I have to work with is 10'6" X 7'6" and is located in my basement. This area is only partially finished and is bare concrete floor.
I plan to veg in the remainder of open space the room has to offer.

I still have 6 free slots on my power panel so I plan on running a couple fresh lines to this room in order to avoid overload.

Here is a little sketch I made to scale in order to give the best idea how everything will fit.

Attachments

• 20190116_103111.jpg
    20190116_103111.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 86
heya friend,,

big project ahead,, nice,, what fun.

too much to mention,, time will answer all questions

i can tell you are canuck,, so,, basement = cold,, concrete floor = colder.

and ventilation,, there will need to be an exhaust outside of the building,, usually.

and water. lots and lots of water. is it close by and where does it go after?

careful with electricity,, tho you may be pro

cheers friend,, karma sent

see you mentioned venting outside,, cool

Yes I have a plan to contend with the cool concrete floor. I lined the bottom of my 4x4 with two layers of 1" dense reflective insulation before installing the floor liner. The foam didn't have to be reflective but I had some left over. It keeps the floor of my tent nice and cozy.
I plan to apply the exact same method to this new 4x8 as well as the vegging area. In fact the vegging area will likely be a custom built counter so the floor won't even be a factor for that part.
Thanks for the input guys.
I will be plumbing a water line into the room and that should be easy since the water supply is just on the other side of one of the walls. I have a floor drain and was thinking about using that for waste water. Currently I suck up waste water with a shop vac and carry it up the steps and dump it outside (grass should be green this spring LOL).

I raised my tent up off the floor using a 4 X 8 sheet of 3/4 ply wood and cinder blocks. Used the space under the wood for a Res. used a 40 gallon ABS plastic cattle water trough from tractor supply. I actually piggy backed off the dryer plug with another box since the place was a rental. and used ONE 110VAc garage outlet existing. I ran romex from the dryer plug ( in garage ) to the grow room ( new box ) and then to a timer and then split it to make two additional 110VAC outlets. ( not on timer ) For water i used a garden hose splitter off the Washer supply in garage and ran that to a small 55 Gallon per day RO water system I installed on the wall between the washer n dryer, then I ran ice maker line along the ceiling of the garage to the grow room to a plastic 55 gallon drum holding tank. I ordered a small float shut off switch from amazon so it wouldnt over fill.

Why not veg in a smaller tent and use the bigger area of the room for flowering. It would be less tent to buy. Pallets work good also for keeping them off the concrete, air is pretty much the best insulator there is :)

Why not veg in a smaller tent and use the bigger area of the room for flowering. It would be less tent to buy. Pallets work good also for keeping them off the concrete, air is pretty much the best insulator there is :)

Good question.
The reason for this is so I can enter the room more often for other tasks. If the flower lighting was in the open I would not be able to enter the room to check on the vegging plants for 12 hours at a time. By containing the flowering plants not only will they have the most stable environment but there will only be 6 hours of the day that I can't enter the room.

Thats a great reason and something I really wasn't thinking about until after i posted my question lol, i'm in the process of setting up a room similar to yours and for height and room reasons (still have some garage door opener tracks I was trying to keep in place if possible) I would have more flowering area if I veged in a tent and used the main room to flower in plus I will have more direct control of the hvac with no tent air flow interference in the main room since i'm going to have a dedicated mini split for the room. I think if I plan the over lap correctly a six hour window should be enough for me to take care of them while they are both on day cycle. I used to do my gardening from between like 6-9 at night in my last setup. In my old room I have used a normal light bulb outside of my tents while they were open to either take pictures of the plants or water them every once and a while without issues but it wasn't like I had grow lights blasting them when the tent was open, that might have a more adverse affect... :)

GL with the setup and grows, subbed :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom