New grower I would like to go organic

BAM55448

There are I am sure at the grow shop soil mixes So please (KISS) Keep it simple stupid. I have not been there yet because the whole COVID thing I am quarantining and they are on limited hours too but my light and tent is on its way so the time is here. anyways I am rambling
I am looking for nutrient suggestions. I do know that the grow shop uses teas I will need to go there in the next few days. This forum helped me decide on my light and tent (I think I over thought that) please any links to organic growing book suggestions.......

Why organic ?
Well I definitely want to grow in soil in larger pots so I thought why not be as organic as I can. I defiantly don’t want to just jump into hydro until I have a bit more experience, things move so fast. So I thought why not try to go as natural as I can. I am not opposed to chemicals but I am coming from the black market getting random good and crap no idea what or where. Now I want to try to make it as healthy as I can.

Why organic ?

Why not? Why use chemical fertilizer when you can grow without them and the associated costs both wallet and health??

TO the OP - you wanna keep it KISS simple organic go to KIS organics website look up "Coots Mix" There are a few other online sites that sell you the ingredients. If you compost you're already half way to the finish line with organic soil. Just need to find a good recipe.

Yep, use a Clackamas Coots soil recipe.
You can fab it up yourself or buy it already made in the bag.
My personal preference is Buildasoil Oly Mountain modern mix 2.
You can order that online and shipped to your doorstep so no problem with quarantine.
Use no less than a 15 gallon fabric pot.
Get a thick mulch layer going such as barley straw and start a cover crop to get some roots into the soil to get a good mycorrhazae colony going.
And inoculate with mycorrhazae.
I prefer Rootwise but there are several others, there are quite a few that barely have any inoculate in it though so research whichever one you choose.

Do NOT let your soil "dry out" , it should stay "moist" at all times.
A properly aerated soil with a good tilth such as the soil I mentioned or a properly mixed Coots recipe will drain very well and wont stay wet especially with a cover crop and a large cannabis plant in a fabric pot.
Dont be afraid to water it.

There are I am sure at the grow shop soil mixes So please (KISS) Keep it simple stupid. I have not been there yet because the whole COVID thing I am quarantining and they are on limited hours too but my light and tent is on its way so the time is here. anyways I am rambling
I am looking for nutrient suggestions. I do know that the grow shop uses teas I will need to go there in the next few days. This forum helped me decide on my light and tent (I think I over thought that) please any links to organic growing book suggestions.......

I use a nearly free organic way to grow most of mine

I use a worm farm ( castings, tea ), compost bin ( I mostly use my compost worms in my soil ) horticultural charcoal, clean dirt from your veggie patch.

And my 1 secret thing to keep up the nutrients in the soil ( people laugh, call me stupid but I use it on my tomatoes, a FISH head burried dead in a pot before you put your plant in )
Then I use a worm tea I make with castings with water and a fish air pump to air it for 3 or 4 days, few scraps for the worms in the soil ( watermelon because worm love it, that's how I keep them in the pots, a few days and a big piece of melon is gone ).

Hope that helps
You will notice a better plant with a better yield and taste

Then I use a worm tea I make with castings with water and a fish air pump to air it for 3 or 4 days,

Really for that amount of time?
Interesting..
The AACT brews I make, I only brew for 24-36 hours at the most. But no microscope, so I can not say whether one is any better than the other.
Here's the site I have been following in case you are intrested.

Good luck man @BAM55448 , don't let any tell you organic growing is bad, personally it is the only way to grow. Dont be a Monsanto/Bayer puppet.
:goodluck:

I agree with the above comments about organics. For a new grower, LOS soils and large pots are the way to go. Organic soils and large pots are quite forgiving and about as simple as it gets.

I make my own soils from scratch but any of the above mentioned will work great as well and for the most part, it’s water only start to finish. Doesn’t get much simpler

Water for the win...

Dont go 3-4 days with an ACT - you will eventually be growing the wrong bacteria. Dont use ACT as a foliar either.

Be like spraying your crop with poop water. E coli to the ..... bathroom we go. Try and avoid.

Kelp Tea good for foliar with some sort of Silica like a Horsetail Fern tea or Pro-tekt.

Back
Top Bottom