New Grower & It's A Guess Grow!

OK I GIVE UP!!! That stupid tent.... the pieces don't fit! I get the whole thing framed and the very last piece DOES NOT FIT. Do I need to drill a hole in order to complete the frame? This has been an all day ordeal - my body aches, my fingers and feet hurt. I'm ready to ship it all back.

If by drilling a hole you compromise air flow/structure and warranty, then no, just send it back or ask for a new part. But as a DIY chick myself, I would drill that D*MN hole and be done with it...lol. I know exactly where you at, perhaps put it away until tomorrow with a fresh approach? Perhaps taking a pic of the troubled part and post it here asking for help may be an option too? You got this! 420 hugs

Thank you! I needed to vent, scream or cry!!

OK, I b*tched and moaned, but I got 'er done. Thanks for all the support.
WP_20160813_037.jpg

That is how we do it !!!!

:circle-of-love: I am so happy it is up!!! Good Job!!!!

I have No Idea! Would 2 fans work-- One for intake and one for exhaust? I don't need a carbon scrubber thing, I'm not worried about odor.

Im running 8". Im thinking a 6" might be best cause your tents 4x4? mines 5x9 and I run 8". I say yes get a filter too. Im running two 600w HPS.
Wait are you LED? If so maybe no exhaust fan needed? MH or HPS yes. Maybe with LED's all you need is an area fan? Im not sure willys mom but I could direct you to people who know on here if needed.
Harvesting....... I think I wait too long because it turns out very stoney. Wait until the trics. are 70% amber. Use a magnifier.
If you do have to install ducting into the attic I was going to say best to do the construction work before tent set up because Im cleaning dry wall dust and crap today. Top of the tent is hammerd.
Find out if you need exhaust and go from there.
One step at a time!

OK I GIVE UP!!! That stupid tent.... the pieces don't fit! I get the whole thing framed and the very last piece DOES NOT FIT. Do I need to drill a hole in order to complete the frame? This has been an all day ordeal - my body aches, my fingers and feet hurt. I'm ready to ship it all back.

Mom, I'm feeling your frustration and pain! While I didn't have any parts not fitting, for me physically it was tough to put my tents together. I still don't have the carbon filter and fan in one because it was a struggle holding and attaching it alone.

Often times when I get in your situation with something not cooperating, I walk away, smoke a fatty or drink a beer and relax. Often times I come back only to complete what's needed to be done. Best of luck, I wish I were there to coach you on :)

It takes a big dog to weigh a ton

Im running 8". Im thinking a 6" might be best cause your tents 4x4? mines 5x9 and I run 8". I say yes get a filter too. Im running two 600w HPS.
Wait are you LED? If so maybe no exhaust fan needed? MH or HPS yes. Maybe with LED's all you need is an area fan? Im not sure willys mom but I could direct you to people who know on here if needed.
Harvesting....... I think I wait too long because it turns out very stoney. Wait until the trics. are 70% amber. Use a magnifier.
If you do have to install ducting into the attic I was going to say best to do the construction work before tent set up because Im cleaning dry wall dust and crap today. Top of the tent is hammerd.
Find out if you need exhaust and go from there.
One step at a time!

Hi! Thanks for the input. The tent is 5x5 and I'm running LED's. The vents are for 10" fans, but I'm not sure if I need those yet. Thinking a tent fan will do the trick.

I want to get those harvested and hung in the tent to dry before I put up my lights. It's going to rain here all week, so I'm thinking at the end of this week when the rain stops. I can't wait because those plants are right next to my bedroom and are causing me awful allergies!! The allergies weren't bad until the last couple of weeks but I will be glad when they are moved.

I'm not going to install anything in the ceiling -- just working with the room I have.:cheer:

Mom, I'm feeling your frustration and pain! While I didn't have any parts not fitting, for me physically it was tough to put my tents together. I still don't have the carbon filter and fan in one because it was a struggle holding and attaching it alone.

Often times when I get in your situation with something not cooperating, I walk away, smoke a fatty or drink a beer and relax. Often times I come back only to complete what's needed to be done. Best of luck, I wish I were there to coach you on :)

It takes a big dog to weigh a ton

:thanks: I'm glad it's done! Sometimes I think I can handle things like I did 20 years ago...Some days I hate being old.

Back
Top Bottom