New grower lost in how to use nutrients for soil grow

Absurd97

Hi i am a new grower im growin 3 unknowns from seed in 3gallon smart pots under a 400 watt hid in a 2×2.5 5'7 grow tent. Tempertures and humidity are always between 78 and 88 and above 35% all times throug out the day. I started my seedlings in happy frog and now i potted up to the smart sports about a week ago roughly i use ocean forrest in my smart pots. Ive decided to use main-lining as my.method of choice to control my growing. My question is when should i start giving my plants nutes they're all 3 nodes high today do to the topping required for the main lining. I have big grow at the moment but have not use it i know i will need different nutes then and.i expect to use the fox farm family nutes throug the whole.process.which other fox farms nutes should i buy and how fast shoudl i buy the rest? thanks for the help and may your fruit be plentiful :Namaste:

Hello, With fox farms soil you barely need to feed them anything from my little experience the soils pretty good, ive gone through almost a whole grown trying not to feed them at all.you should deffientaly get the root drench you can use it in every feeding and it has tons of micro crap in it. but that soil does cause cal mag def.

i don't feed my seedlings for two weeks they store food inside them then i give then 1/2 feeding after a small taste they want more :morenutes:

If you're in soil the soul should have the nutes within it if you feed chemical nutes in soil then only use at most 1/4 strength or 300 pond every other or every 3rd feeding just my opinion and I use hydro

All of that is great advice. I would add... a plant with some nutrient deficiencies is easy to fix but you can't un-burn a plant. The food for the plant is the light not the nutes. They only support the results of photosynthesis. The more fan leaves you have and the more light you use the more photosynthesis is happening so the more nutes you need. You have very young plants running on a great but small light. I grew under a 400 HPS for years with great success but it is not 600. The recommended doses you read about out there are for ideal conditions. Since the humidity is a bit low (throw some wet towels in there and just re-soak them twice a day and that will be fixed) and you probably have the illumination a bit low and not a lot of fan leaves it will be a low nute situation for a while. Like previously said with a good mix you could probably do the whole thing without much additional. It is nice to add some blooming additives to fatten the buds in bloom but lets talk about that when you get there. You don't want to add them to stressed out plants.

For now just use pH'd water and wait until you see signs of under watering before watering again. Every other week add some silica/potash additive (not a nute wont burn). Put in a low dose of Cal Mag every 4 weeks and you should be happy.

When you are getting ready to bloom (2 weeks out maybe) PM me and I will give you something to kick it into high gear so long as you haven't burned them already. If you have added a bunch of stuff and the plants are stressed then you can't do the real cool stuff.

I recommend you start a journal and use the forums photo gallery to upload images and we can make sure your grow is successful.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom