First grow in need of help

Absurd97

Hi, im a new grower 3 weeks into.my first grow from sprouting. My plants are in there final pot which is a 3 gallon smart pot i transplanted them in to ocean forrest about a week ago I have heard they have enough nutes to feed for atleast 3 weeks. When should i start feeding them nutes? I am using fox farm grow big. Do you have any suggestions for nutes in thr flowering stage i could use?What is an appropriate time to switch 12/12 ? Im growing under a 400 watt light for.the whole grow i recently switched it to 400 from 300 two weeks ago. And they are not very tall maybe about 4 or 5 nodes today. Im not.sure.if thats good.or bad?thanks for the help i would upload pictures but im mot.sure how to attach them to a post well thank you for the help and may your harvest be plentiful :Namaste:
20151215_143650.jpg
20151215_143730.jpg
20151215_143701.jpg
20151215_143645.jpg
20151215_143655.jpg

Hello,

Your plants look healthy and normal for their age. Good job not drowning them! There are so many variables that we would need to know to venture any 12/12 or nutes help. Strain, grow space dimensions, training methods, etc will figure large into your choice of when to flip to Flower.

Best Of Buds

JB

:Namaste:

I would start a grow journal in the active journals section and post a link here. That way you can have us with you for the whole grow. Plants are looking good so far. Having transplanted with fresh soil you won't need to fertilize till flower which will be about one month. It will depend on how fast they grow and what they look like. For seedlings that will be about 50 days total in veg which will make a mature seedling ready to flower.
Start that journal and post a link here. A journal is the best way to ensure success!

Hi, im a new grower 3 weeks into.my first grow from sprouting. My plants are in there final pot which is a 3 gallon smart pot i transplanted them in to ocean forrest about a week ago I have heard they have enough nutes to feed for atleast 3 weeks. When should i start feeding them nutes? I am using fox farm grow big. Do you have any suggestions for nutes in thr flowering stage i could use?What is an appropriate time to switch 12/12 ? Im growing under a 400 watt light for.the whole grow i recently switched it to 400 from 300 two weeks ago. And they are not very tall maybe about 4 or 5 nodes today. Im not.sure.if thats good.or bad?thanks for the help i would upload pictures but im mot.sure how to attach them to a post well thank you for the help and may your harvest be plentiful :Namaste:

Great looking plants! You are doing a lot of things right. Congrats on the choice of a great soil, holding off on the nutes, watering correctly and using smart pots. Since you have started with FoxFarm and are using their soil, why not complete the process and use Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom too, as well as the three solubles Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching? I used FoxFarm for several years and had great results by carefully following all of their feeding schedule suggestions.

I will also warn you to flush a couple of times during the grow using all these synthetic nutes... the salt does build up. I had the best luck doing a flush each time the nute schedule changed and new additives were called for. This gave me a flush right before flower, week 3 and week 5, and of course at the end. It is a lot of work using this system, but it is worth it... I have won prizes in the past with my FoxFarm buds.

As far as switch time, that depends on so many things... but let's look at an important consideration. Your goal is to get some yield out of these girls, right? As your plants are now, you will get one main bud and 4 minor ones. Why not step this up a bit? Investigate what happens when you top these plants... you can dramatically increase your final yield. I have heard some say that every extra 2 weeks spent in veg can double the final yield.

Your other major consideration is the vertical height available to you in the bloom tent. Many plants can double or even triple in vertical height in the first 2 weeks of flower. Although your happy plants are going to remain short, in many grows this is the prime consideration as it really sucks having your plants running into your light in mid flower.

In your situation, I would veg for at least 2 or 3 more weeks and I would train them a bit by topping them twice. In 3 gallon containers I don't think I would go any further than this or I would be afraid that size and quality would start to become a factor. This topping will cause all of the lower growth to rise up to the canopy level, and you will end up with 4 main buds at the top. It takes a little more time and patience, but it really is worth the wait.

Good luck... start a grow log to document how things are going and lessons you are learning... and if you get in trouble, there will be many of us there watching and ready to help. :)

Back
Top Bottom